New Outing Lake Norman NC

RWFF game announcements and discussion (off-topic posts will be deleted)

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest, Pitti

New Outing Lake Norman NC

Postby Barns » Sat May 10, 2014 7:16 pm

Hi All

I posted new outing earlier and asked for someone to start the ball rolling on completing the challenge. Oh boy back to drawing board for me , must have made it tooooooo easy . Badger has already posted in 2mins 41 secs. Come on uncle Bob show us that you can beat Badger again. :roll: This is only for a bit of fun. But might get forum going again.

While you are doing this i will get back to another outing, back to original Barns settings. Got to slow Badger down. :lol:

All the best

Barns
Barns

Re: New Outing Lake Norman NC

Postby badger040 » Sat May 10, 2014 7:21 pm

hi Barns
tried it again and your usual tricks showed up
regards
Badger040
badger040

Postby badger040 » Sat May 10, 2014 7:23 pm

hi all
and Barns
here is my first attempt
regards
Badger040
badger040

Postby Yellowstone7 » Sat May 10, 2014 9:57 pm

Hi All:

Just tried Barns' new Lake Norman outing challenge. Very nice scenes and fish. Here are my first results. :lol: Not as fast as Badger's but slightly better score. Give this one a try everybody. See what you can come up with. This was done in Expert Mode.

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Postby Yellowstone7 » Sat May 10, 2014 11:56 pm

Hi Barns and Everyone:

Here is a better one. Notice the incredible fishing time of 12 minutes and 10 seconds . :lol: :lol: :lol:

I know it is incredible and it is. I think something went wrong with the timer as I know I took a lot longer than the time indicated. I had to put it on Pause by pressing the "P" key around scene 5 and restarted the Challenge a short while after. I know this time is not right. :oops: :lol: This is something to look into by Paul for sure. :lol:

Beautiful sunset scene, I love that!

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Postby Jyndrek » Sun May 11, 2014 7:05 am

Hi Barns , Hi Everyone ,

Thank you for the beautiful fishing that you have created. It will be great fun. :P
At the level I am not able to EXPERT names, order to compete - I'm still learning RWFF
and the results in the previous contest is the sum of your advice and happiness novice
Applause for All for high performance point and in such a short time
This world championship out of reach , but do not give up and I tried and learned. :P
I managed to catch my first fish at the EXPERT level - is a historical moment for me :lol:
and you in this picture is very similar to Bob :P
I catch the moment on the settings of the previous contest, if they are good?

Regards All ,

Andrzej (Jyndrek)
Jyndrek

Postby Barns » Sun May 11, 2014 6:46 pm

Hi All

Glad you are having fun with this, pressure off now mini tournament finished.

Jyndrek your settings are fine, but you do not have to stick with 9w rod, change to 10 or 11w rod or heavier it will become easier to land these bigger fish. Come up with a good score and show Stanley and badger how its done. :roll:

I was out and about today and took some more pictures of a lovely pond in Edinburgh , Scotland. No fish in it, but scenery was good, so it will be my choice of what goes in. With it being Scotland might throw in a few surprises for Stanley :lol:

This mini tournament has got me going again, now in middle of 3 new outings. Oh i wish i was on holiday all the time or retired. :lol: I have made up my mind work is going to stay at work, and i will be back in game more.

Regards

Barns
Barns

Postby Yellowstone7 » Sun May 11, 2014 7:20 pm

Hi Barns and Everyone:

There is nothing better than a bit of competition to get your old creative blood going again. From all accounts the mini tournament was a success and everybody had fun participating in it. I also had lots of fun building the outing and the fish that went into it. I thought the tackle size was a good choice. You guys caught some nice fish and some frustration with it too! :oops: :lol: All worked out better than my best expectations.

That Scottish pond of yours sounds good. I have seen some of the crazy things you did before and I can't wait to see what you will come up with. I hear they have a Lock Ness monster in Scotland somewhere? LOL Do you think it will take a fly?

Jyndrek is a fast learner and is having a great time on the Forum. Never mind the slight language problem. All fisherman speak the same language all over the world. You are doing just fine! Keep those great posts coming in. :lol:

While you guys are competing in the mini tournament I built a beautiful 18 scene outing for Jyndrek with some of the great pictures that he sent me. I am in the process of doing the final touches now. It will not have any monster fish in it but it will be one of the most beautiful outings that I have ever produced. Watch for it as it will soon come in a theater near you. :lol:

When I have time I will go back to your outing and try to hook up with a Jumping Striped Bass. I caught everything else but this one has eluded me.

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Postby badger040 » Tue May 13, 2014 8:06 pm

hi all
finally managed to complete this outing again,i say that because since my last post i have not been able to get past site 2,3 and 4 before i gave up
sorry Barns....lost my patience......couldnt see any fish......tried wet flies....NADA NADA NADA.....
the issue with the timer as highlighted by Stanley is a genuine one.....i set a stop watch against the ingame timer and found that after just 5 mins real time the game was showing just over 2 mins,,,,,,did not test it for the full challenge time of 30 mins because,as previously stated i could not catch anything after site 1
anyhow
i have listed the fish as well as the challenge score...... so that members can see the sizes of fish i caught
Fish: 16.38 inch White Perch from Lake Norman NC; Code: ZKCOHXDXGICXD2131UOZLIGJOLLRDVLUPLMDHQFAYHCEYIWHUDNGERRKGSBMU
Fish: 32.91 inch Channel Catfish from Lake Norman NC; Code: TZIZXETHYPMPY7605CEUWYLDUYIOGLMKJZKITQUDOSJVFJXNAOKJAAVXXLZJM
Fish: 20.18 inch White Bass from Lake Norman NC; Code: FUSYDHWHDJSYZ1813JQRVYFCVERUXWPFZQKTZEZGOGNDCGUYELJVWPRFJAAQC
Fish: 15.73 inch White Bass from Lake Norman NC; Code: KYJHJHHNRBTLT4872XOJJYMJMLTMYINRSFORSFRQVJDCRNLWXOBSTPZLTDAQC
Fish: 48.16 inch Blue Catfish from Lake Norman NC; Code: PMHBMAIVMYSWR6951RUDJZCJIXKSXLXZFPSVWPBHVCTVATJAXWNCOVCFKZXSJ
Fish: 11.83 inch White Perch from Lake Norman NC; Code: UOGGUXNQYKAHD6679UIPNMVXVXUBQWHKIVHTOGJZVAIYRCGPYBHUABYXRQKYH
Fish: 9.92 inch White Perch from Lake Norman NC; Code: JQZDOODQTFVCE1574GAZWDYRUYEMNJGYOXQERYMOLHUMQFXKHSBWPZFKXJFJB
Challenge: Lake Norman NC; Score: 2631; Code: BCDZEQCWZGCGZANMSHCZNRJSUWVWVAVEYHJRJDWXZLMHYWANKGZKWVTDZSFEC
regards
Badger040
badger040

Postby rwwalleye » Tue May 13, 2014 8:23 pm

Hi Barry,
Well I've been trying to complete the challenge, but after site 5 I got stuck. I had 2 striped bass one in 1 and 1 in 3. 1st one was 54+ the 2nd was 55+. Had 140 inches going in to site 4. After I got to 5 and fished for 25 minutes without a fish, I gave up. Will try again later. Caught the Jumping Striped Bass on top water flies.
Roger (rwwalleye)
Last edited by rwwalleye on Wed May 14, 2014 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
rwwalleye

Postby Barns » Tue May 13, 2014 9:48 pm

Hi All

Blame Badger for this , :lol: if he hadn't cleaned the pond out in 2 mins everyone would have had a chance. :lol: Now if Badger can do in 2 mins how come everyone else is having problems. Maybe you guys are fishing too big, not going to give too much away.

Working away on this special outing from Edinburgh , never realized i had taken so many pictures. Going to possibly do something different with this outing, just to keep everyone guessing, what will be in pond.

Hope fish start getting caught in Lake Norman, Roger you are letting me down, i thought i was out of practice. :roll: You can do it.

All the best

Barns
Barns

Postby rwwalleye » Sat May 17, 2014 2:41 am

Hi Brian and All,
Well Brian here is a score for you. I fished Expert and using 2x leader. I wasn't able to latch on to one of your big Striped Bass but I took your advice and fished lighter. So here is my score and its been a little quiet on your challenge, so if I'm not mistaken, this is high score so far. Will try to up it higher this weekend. Good luck to all and everyone have a good weekend. Roger (Rwwalleye)
Fish: 16.70 inch White Perch from Lake Norman NC; Code: MQTVDSMPVZXQA7974KYGVMBZYRIYQFTICTCIWLQTXPZRFBBMMKKNMESZETRNX
Fish: 35.70 inch Jumping Largemouth Bass from Lake Norman NC; Code: TJILGWACVSWJU6618UNEXRCWSRSBVWPKNOKGLRFTAHBQZIWTOUFOULINGVSHR
Fish: 16.11 inch Crappie from Lake Norman NC; Code: FSKRKVRRCVYVK7682RYBJLJYKKVLFXTBMDUDXEQOZRDPEASHUNTHYIPSXYETN
Fish: 38.81 inch Channel Catfish from Lake Norman NC; Code: GDEEKJSWTOQVS9413KYAOWICEEYORQEZXPVYNMULZXRQDXFDPVLICNQJIBHAE
Fish: 19.97 inch White Bass from Lake Norman NC; Code: OHJXLKLQHXSNI8680RAKLEJJGRISUDXZJJMHLIQBSRUNIZIDNPLEBFTDJXBJK
Fish: 27.51 inch Carp Bream from Lake Norman NC; Code: CAWVUVWXPCMSC8273JAGUZSGUMKDLENQVDSPABORRKPQLFTUTCPICUWEEMLES
Fish: 34.26 inch Jumping Largemouth Bass from Lake Norman NC; Code: ALSGUBXYEGVKC0508GJIGLYIXLCSHHXSMYXYNVQJDWDIGFPUCVELHNOOLVQJO
Challenge: Lake Norman NC; Score: 3186; Code: BYIUBFJWOWRXQTPEJMTQYFIAIKICPQYCFNDZYKFZJEGCOZREJWAURSVKCMLCO
rwwalleye

Postby badger040 » Sat May 17, 2014 7:43 am

hi all
Roger that is a fine achievement
i am still struggling to locate the fish,, this is why i have not posted anything lately
i have tried using a lighter leader and YES the fish start to appear
but then i cannot get a score anywhere near Stanley's let alone what you have just posted
i have been playing this outing a couple of hours a night ever since it was available
on the lighter leader hooking one of the big is not a problem,landing it however is proving impossible,,,,at the moment :x :x :x :x
frustrating as it is
in true Badger040 style :lol: :lol: :lol:
i am determined to finish this challenge and post a respectable score
regards
Badger040
badger040

Postby Yellowstone7 » Sat May 17, 2014 9:39 pm

Hi Badger, Roger and Everyone:

Tonight I had some free time so I gave the Lake Norman Challenge another try. I fished it in Expert Mode and came up with a decent score. :P

I didn't hook up with the big Striper but I did catch a couple of really nice big catfish. No doubt this has improved my overall score. By the way, I took a fishing tip from our old Boston Bob and it seems to work just great. Want to know the secret? Better send old Bob a PM. :lol:

Fish: 40.50 inch Channel Catfish from Lake Norman NC; Code: OSRUHNYAZPYBQ9512YTJSJUJQVOVEWQARFNVJHUGKXBPHOMZJXDFKCVUVLNAL
Fish: 10.59 inch White Perch from Lake Norman NC; Code: UEOWUPJERVSEM6963TTRFEWUEUJQIKQOFASPLQWQKXCRMVDLRBGVQMAJBWKZX
Fish: 34.22 inch Jumping Largemouth Bass from Lake Norman NC; Code: VWDPKKEFWYVAS9065TAYAZCKXOKBUFWJMNGGPVWCFCRPAJUBOPPQOOTYMYFJB
Fish: 17.74 inch White Bass from Lake Norman NC; Code: VSOTSYPESFRRV1723MVMOPSNPBARWEMIGGKQLFDKQAGFFNXULSBGJSYPPJHVR
Fish: 40.93 inch Channel Catfish from Lake Norman NC; Code: SPKMOPHOHWULT9278PTTRRUWACJEENAPWCXFQKYJPBQRHDZKAUURNFABQJJGP
Fish: 27.13 inch Channel Catfish from Lake Norman NC; Code: OOPLLFXSWAJGT1279RGXGYJLBINDGCGHLXJFFYJOWCQFMKQSOAPEGGAKWTQEJ
Fish: 34.16 inch Channel Catfish from Lake Norman NC; Code: YFPWRXNAVDQYU4172QFGPWZFDOGRGNTWJFOQWBTTDWVDYPVDLVLIXLBAURHAE
Challenge: Lake Norman NC; Score: 3385; Code: ZVKLCKMBYWJUOXIXAGLWMYSTTXAUGSDBIBNYYPJXQNIFPXJDQLWPBTSUBERHA

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Postby rwwalleye » Sun May 18, 2014 1:55 am

Hi Stanley and Barns and everyone,
Nice score Stanley, I did this one at 5 am in the morning then went to bed. By the way Brian, I latched on to one of your monster Jumping Striped Bass, it had to be in the 70 inch range, I fought it for a half hour and almost had it in, another click or two on the mouse and I would have had it, then it jumped right in front of me and threw the hook. Luckily right away I caught another big fish but it wasn't even close to the fight that one had. Well here's my score, sorry Stanley.
Fish: 41.78 inch Channel Catfish from Lake Norman NC; Code: BCDZGSASZVFGW1691BQPJMXHZKVWCAVSYHJRJDWXZLMHYWANKGZKINUCQYMPD
Fish: 20.36 inch White Bass from Lake Norman NC; Code: UQUXJJFBZLSAS8898PEPFEEOKWYKSYDHBMXBQYSRCGRMPAAGIZXHFNTLFWHSG
Fish: 21.64 inch White Bass from Lake Norman NC; Code: IKLYJLTUYSQEE0407JKOLBCRQDAUIDMUDYGATAJLILNJMWEWCVRNQVFPILEID
Fish: 40.16 inch Channel Catfish from Lake Norman NC; Code: JAYSXEBTJKDTI0596YWUKAGMJQBPAUJQKLPCJZXVWWMOKWXQWXWJRPTZXWCQF
Fish: 47.32 inch Blue Catfish from Lake Norman NC; Code: FIJAPROBWNSSS9988IYYVFYUAKQPXBDGBEFHMNVGOPYQRCYDNNSJVBZMOWFJB
Fish: 15.65 inch Crappie from Lake Norman NC; Code: TSPWTPUSJDJZN3216KWIMSVJQDQLNNEJHTOLZZAYKGOEBZHYZDGBVBQQJSQRE
Fish: 33.28 inch Jumping Largemouth Bass from Lake Norman NC; Code: XCZTPZPRSWAVS0152LKNDJIOKJAJTLQZEPXKOLREHRYJETNXMMZYIFULDDTDC
Challenge: Lake Norman NC; Score: 3453; Code: QUSTIHKQKTQIJODIOTNUSYLZLKLSVNMHMJQQXEGKFFKMJBXMFKNYEDEPWCDNZ
rwwalleye

Next

Return to Real World Fly Fishing