We Have A Winner!! Or Two, Or Three!

RWFF game announcements and discussion (off-topic posts will be deleted)

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest, Pitti

We Have A Winner!! Or Two, Or Three!

Postby Yellowstone7 » Sat May 10, 2014 10:47 pm

Dear Parana Challenge Competitors and Everyone:

The Fat Lady has sung and the results are in. Roger has send me all the results for the Parana Challenge. All have been verified and now we can declare the winners.

In the Outing Challenge category the out right winner was our own Boston Bob. No one had expected it but Bob came out of the wood works and surprised everyone with a fantastic score of 5048. I told Bob that I would bet him a dollar that his score is safe and I was right! Nothing even came close to it. To give you a little background Bob was one of the original members when RWFF was released way back in 2005-2006. Bob was very active back then and participated in many of RWFF Forum activities. I am glad to see him back in action again after such a long time. He certainly has not lost his touch for setting records. Congratulations Bob for a great win over some of the best virtual flyfishermen around here. I am very proud of you! :lol:

This is a picture of Boston Bob....the Winner of the Parana Mini Challenge.

Uncle Barnsie was the winner of the Largest Fish Caught. Those of us who know Barns are not surprised with his success. Barns is a real Champion in both real and virtual fishing. He is known of his tenacity and fishing skills and is a serious competitor in any kind of event. Barns managed to dredge up a huge 46.65 inch Giant Wolf Fish to claim the Biggest Fish prize. Narrowly edging out Jyndrek, our new comer and contender from Poland. Congratulations Barns for a job well done under pressure! :lol:

Here is a picture of Barns doing what he loves to do...fishing!

Image LAST BUT CERTAINLY NOT LEAST....a very well deserved Honorable Mention goes to Jyndrek who finished third in both the Challenge and Biggest Fish Caught categories. Jyndrek lives in Poland and he is our newest member on the Forum. This was his first RWFF tournament and he managed to beat some of our very good old members to the finish with very fine catches and scores. Congratulations, Jyndrek for occupying the Third Place on the Podium. You will be a Dark Horse in our future tournament events. :P

I cannot finish this post without thanking everyone for their support, enthusiasm and participation. Without you guys none of this would have been possible. Judging from all the posts and comments everyone had a lot of fun fishing in the Challenge and competing against each other. Bob just told me the last time we had a four page thread on the Forum was way back in 2006. Wow! We are now on page 5. Let's keep the momentum going and this Forum will be alive with excitement again. :lol:

I also want to thank Roger for being my working partner in running this tournament. Roger kept track of everything that was going on and I know this takes a lot of his time. I am sure this had cut into his fishing time and he was not able to come up with great scores like he usually does in previous VFFL events. Thanks Roger! Without your capable and selfless help this would not have been possible.

Plans for future tournaments and challenges? You bet! We are discussing the possibility of staging a bi-monthly tournament for the future. The Challenges and venue will come in all kinds of sizes and flavors...like catching the smallest fish, quickest challenge times, etc. Please let us know if you have some good ideas and we will hear them out. After all, this Forum belongs to everyone here so let's get it going again. :lol:

Best Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Re: We Have A Winner!! Or Two, Or Three!

Postby Scottish Warrior » Wed May 14, 2014 8:51 am

Hi All,
Congratulations to All on a Fine Outing and Challenge,I too was enjoying the Fun until hit by a Bad Flu Bug
which I am afraid stopped me in my tracks,I still have it but hope to get treatment today and get back on track.
I was not Idle whilst on holiday and have Many Outings in the Pipeline which I will get round to in the near future.
Just wanted to say a Thank You To All for bringing the Forum back to life and making the work that all put in to RWFF,Worthwhile.
Please Keep The Forum Alive with Your Posts as all are Valued by many.
Tight Lines To All,
Regards Martin.
I am so glad to be part of this
Scottish Warrior

Return to Real World Fly Fishing