Rio Parana

RWFF game announcements and discussion (off-topic posts will be deleted)

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest, Pitti

Rio Parana

Postby Barns » Mon May 05, 2014 6:37 pm

Hi Stanley

Decided to have night off work and do a bit of challenge fishing. But think i might just go back to work. Having nothing but problems on site 5. Hook fish just under log line goes across screen and hides behind bar and starts screaming, having to snap off each time. Could you possibly have a look at your maps, don't know if any one else having this problem. Been ahead of both Barry and Roger at this stage then all goes wrong.

Image[/URL]

Going to give it 1 more try. And for the 5th time same problem.

Regards

Barns
Barns

Re: Rio Parana

Postby Yellowstone7 » Mon May 05, 2014 7:28 pm

Hi Barns:

I have run into this problem only once during my tests on this scene. I think what happened was you hook a huge fish, maybe over 45 inches and it will take you right down to your backing and will go to the right of the screen. This can also happen in another scene, e.g. scene 3. I think it has to do with the physics of the game..tackle is too light for that size fish? We have seen this before in the earlier outings before people started to use really heavy tackle and leaders. :lol:

As we are now nearing the final days of the tournament it would not be appropriate to do anything to the outing bitmaps as everyone will be having the same problems and this is fair competition. The trick is to catch a smaller fish in that scene? LOL :lol:

Not sure if Badger had the same problems but he has come up with a great score...certainly the one to beat right now. I think if Old Barns would give it the college try he might be able to beat it before the deadline.

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Postby Jyndrek » Mon May 05, 2014 8:04 pm

Hi Barns, Hi Everyone,

I had similar problems with towing large fish.
Several times Golden Dorado or Payar Vampire and recently
Barredb Sorubim - this six times I set to the net
but I could not pick it up from the bottom, and finally broke
It was like writing or affect fish off the screen and it can not be
tow or under the influence of some obstacles and has already not move
dn went to the barbell in the real angling.
As for me, it just adds to the realism RWFF

Regards,

Jyndrek
Jyndrek

Postby Barns » Mon May 05, 2014 9:39 pm

Hi All

Tried hard all night making sure i kept away from right of screen in 5, then had same problem in 3. But you know me Stanley , keep trying but no avail, biggest score i can get is 4357, was matching Roger step by step until i got to site 8 then lost 3 big fish in a row, lost my clean bonus or Barry would have had to try harder.

Never mind, if i get spare 5 mins tomorrow night in between packing Salmon fishing gear, i will give it another shot. Off to the mighty River Tay on Thursday, hope to catch a large Salmon.

All the best to all.

Barns
Barns

Postby Yellowstone7 » Mon May 05, 2014 10:08 pm

Hi Barns, Jyndrek and Everyone:

Sorry you guys are having trouble landing the big fish. In the real fishing world this happens too. The 2x leader is rated at 12 lbs and a 45 inch fish might weight 40 lbs or more. Some fish you just can't turn with a light flyrod. Like Jyndrek said, this might add some realism to the game. :P

As competitive as Barns is, I am sure he will find a way to come up with a good score before time runs out. Also good luck with your real fishing as well. There is nothing more satisfying that beating someone who won unfairly last year. My heart and best wishes are with you all the way!

Jyndrek, you should be able to land the big fish without any trouble once you can get them near the bottom. It would help if you turn the side casting view on (That is a picture of Paul, the creator of RWFF) and watch the little figure so you know what your rod is doing. (beding, straight, etc) This is the technique, after you get the fish to tire, you pull your rod all the way back so it creates maximum tension on the fish, keep reeling in, stop when the line tension gets to the upper safe limit, stop and wait for the tension to drop to green again, then reel again. Sometimes the fish will seem to get stuck on the bottom. When this happens give some slack line by right clicking the mouse, move your rod to the left or right and reel again. This will usually dislodge the fish and get it going again. Keep the rod bent backward and reel gently. Your fish then can be netted. It will take a little practice but you will soon learn how to do it.

One more tip for you. After you catch a fish with a dry fly your fly will get soggy (wet) and will sink the next time you try to use it. You can dry your fly again by pressing "D" on your keyboard. This will save you a lot of time. :P

Have fun everyone. Time is running out soon so you'd better get fishing. Where is the monster fish?? :twisted: :oops: :lol:

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Postby Jyndrek » Tue May 06, 2014 6:24 pm

Hi Stanley ; Hi Everyone

I wrote
Jyndrek wrote:Hi Barns, Hi Everyone,
I had similar problems with towing large fish.
Several times.
Regards,
Jyndrek

it was inappropriate words i should write that on catching big fish it happened that the fish grew at the bottom
or the pluck of the leader . Stanley wrote
Yellowstone7 wrote:.....
Jyndrek, you .........................side casting view on (That is a picture of Paul, the creator of RWFF) and watch the little figure so you know what your rod is doing.
Stanley

deliberately switched off the option to make it more real - even load indicator leader could be developed more discreet .
Yellowstone7 wrote:............................ Sometimes the fish will seem to get stuck on the bottom. When this happens give some slack line by right clicking the mouse, move your rod to the left or right and reel again. This will usually dislodge the fish and get it going again. Keep the rod bent backward and reel gently. Your fish then can be netted. It will take a little practice but you will soon learn how to do it.
Stanley

Thank you Stanley for confirmation that this is how I fish, and I thought he ran a
Yellowstone7 wrote:.................
One more tip for you. After you catch a fish with a dry fly your fly will get soggy (wet) and will sink the next time you try to use it. You can dry your fly again by pressing "D" on your keyboard. This will save you a lot of time. :P
Stanley

Thank you Stanley for this method of drying the flies - a loss that can not be done just as in the real fly fishing - by several times waving rod (and a computer mouse offsets)
And is there a way to quickly search flies in the box? For example flybox "Streamers" are over twenty trays with flies similarities in flybox "Mics Wets" are over forty trays. A fly is suitable for the sixteenth example, a tray.
I'm looking flies by clicking on the "Next Bob" or "Prewious Box" in turn from the first to the sixteenth - a bit annoying - could be different? :roll:
But I'm not complaining - I'm glad I bought this simulator, jast really EXCEPTIONAL - and that you met (virtually) but it's always nice to "talk" with people cool, which enjoys the same hobby :P :P :P

Regards,

Andrzej(Jyndrek)
Jyndrek

Postby Yellowstone7 » Tue May 06, 2014 7:01 pm

Hi Jyndrek:

This is the really nice thing about the RWFF flyfishing simulator and our little Forum. You get to meet fellow flyfishing enthusiasts from all over the world that you would otherwise not meet in real life. We have a great little community and we are all good friends. Cannot be better than that.

I know what you mean by wanting things to be as realistic, and least distracting as possible. However, when you fish in a tournament against time you will need all the help that you can get! :P It will help to turn "Paul" on and watch what your rod is doing. Beside, the RWFF software has very realistic casting action so you will enjoy watching your flyline go back and forth.

I am sorry but there isn't a really fast way to search for a fly and this is where the custom flyboxes will come in handy. You can put all your favorite flies into that box..dry, wet, streamers, etc and they will all be in one place and you can get to them pretty fast. Sometime ago someone suggested the "fly search" application but nothing ever came from that. It is a great idea though. Maybe Paul will return one day and will give us that feature. I have a feeling that it will be incorporated in the RWFF V.4 when it does come out.

I am almost finished with the Jasieniczanka outing and I must say it turned out fantastic! I will make a post on it after the mini Challenge is over. I don't want to distract my fellow members right now as they need to concentrate on catching the biggest fish, and achieve the highest scores. :lol:

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Return to Real World Fly Fishing