A true Artist!

RWFF game announcements and discussion (off-topic posts will be deleted)

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest, Pitti

A true Artist!

Postby dcarp » Fri Oct 19, 2007 4:48 pm

Hello Folks,

[This may be be slightly "off topic", but it does relate to the game and future contests]

We have a true artist in our membership. Carolmo and I did a little offline fly swap this week. She tied up some genuine Catskill Dry flies in exchange for some Pacific NW Steelhead flies. I came out WAY ahead on the trade. They are beautiful - small, delicate and balanced. I can't wait to put them to use. These western US trout will go nuts. If I was a trout, I'd hit them.

You will have the opportunity to get your hands on some of these files in the future (can't have mine though). You'll have to win them. Carol will be donating flies for prizes on future contests. Genuine Catskill flies tied by a Catskill born tier and fisherperson - doesn't get any more authentic than that!

Bobcat John has got himself quite a crew of tiers working on prizes for future contests. I hear he's perfecting his spun deer hair techniques and working on some bass flies as well as throwing in some hand tied leaders now and then.

Tight Lines

Dave (Dcarp)
dcarp

Postby Cutch » Fri Oct 19, 2007 5:54 pm

Wow, that's exciting news, Dave,....it just keeps getting better and beter :!: :wink:
Question: Are these Real life flies or flies for the game? :wink:

BTW, we need to get Bobcat Bob, Carolmo, and others to join our on line chat fishing,....it's so much fun. I think, like myseff, some members hesitate to use chat,...they think it's difficult. I couldn't believe how simple it is to use. :wink:
Cutch

Postby dcarp » Fri Oct 19, 2007 5:58 pm

Cutch,

These flies are the real deal. Metal, feathers and furs!

I agree - somehow we need to get more users online with the chat tool. It can be a little intimidating at first, but you soon you forget your fears because it's so much fun!

Dave
dcarp

re: artist

Postby Carolmo » Sat Oct 20, 2007 6:15 pm

Hi folks!
I got Dave's flies today and let me tell you--as a tier he is no slouch! The flies are awesome! How he turns metal, feathers, tinsel etc. into such graceful flies is unbelievable! He was wrong--I got the better part of the deal! Our tying choices are very different. My streamer type flies look like roadkill next to his! I love trying small NE dries!Thanks, Dave.
As a couple of kudos were given out, I'd like to add a big thank you to Cutch for all of his patient help in answering my "how do I " computer questions. He is a real asset to this game! Thanks, Cutch!
Carolmo
Fly fishing is not a matter of life and death--it's more important than that!
Carolmo

Postby Cutch » Sat Oct 20, 2007 9:25 pm

Carol,
What little I know about computers, playing games, etc,....I learned from nice folks who shared their knowledge and were patient with me.
(at 71 years young, my mind isn't as quick, so it takes longer).
So anytime I can help someone, I jump at the chance. And, you're welcome,...you catch on very quickly. :wink:
Cutch

Return to Real World Fly Fishing