Two New Fish Coming... Mangar and Amur Pike!

RWFF game announcements and discussion (off-topic posts will be deleted)

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest, Pitti

Two New Fish Coming... Mangar and Amur Pike!

Postby Yellowstone7 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:48 pm

Hi Everyone:

Last week Martin wrote me and asked if I would build the Mangar (Luciobarbus Esocinus) for his future Middle East outings. I looked it up and this fish lives in the Mediterranean area fresh water lakes and streams and can grow to a whopping 86 inches! That is over 7 feet long! A very large and powerful fish indeed. So I burnt some mid-night oil and produced the fish for him. This is what the Mangar looks like:

Soon you might be able to catch this Monster in Saddam's private lake! :lol:

Martin also asked for the Amur Pike that I built sometime ago on Chuck's request. This is a very interesting and pretty fish that can grow to a Maximum Size of 51 inches and is known as an extremely aggressive predator and fighter. With the proper Jump setting on this one it should put on quite an aerial display when hooked.

The Amur Pike:

Looks like my good friend Roger will have some research and write up to do! :lol: Thanks Roger!

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Re: Two New Fish Coming... Mangar and Amur Pike!

Postby rwwalleye » Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:18 am

Hi Everyone,
Well here is a little info on Stanley's 2 new fish. There is definitely not to much information on these fish because there hasn't been to much scientific investigation on them besides their classifications. They don't even know how old these fish can get or how fast they grow. Haven't even found any information on what they eat. But here is what I found. Two excellent fish that Stanly has added to our species list.
rwwalleye

Re: Two New Fish Coming... Mangar and Amur Pike!

Postby Yellowstone7 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:05 pm

Hi Roger and Everyone:

An excellent job of research once again. We thank you for it! I am sure Martin will cook up some deserving habitat for these two big fish pretty soon. Looking forward to catching one myself! :lol:

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Return to Real World Fly Fishing