RIO PARANA DONE! Happy Easter and Good Fishing!

RWFF game announcements and discussion (off-topic posts will be deleted)

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest, Pitti

RIO PARANA DONE! Happy Easter and Good Fishing!

Postby Yellowstone7 » Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:09 pm

Hi Everyone:

As promised I finished the Rio Parana, Argentina for your Easter Fishing pleasure. I hope you will find this outing both unique and exciting to fish. :lol:

Here are a few notes about this new outing which took me a long time to develop.

1) First off, you will need at lease RWFF V.140 or higher updates in your RWFF software to get some of the features to work properly without crashing. I have a feeling that an older version (e.g. pre-V.140 will work but some of the new features like jumping and acrobatics will not show up while you are fishing.)

This will be the first time I have incorporated several of Paul's newest outing and fish parameter settings in an outing. There are four new parameters used and they are:

a)Jumping rate settings
b)Jump Height settings
c)Acrobatic settings
D)Keep Cruising Fishing Close settings

I did a lot of experimenting with the other settings (like fish stamina, second wind, fighting speed, etc) but ended up with the software crashing during the middle of a fight so I chose only those that will work well together. There is a lot of potential for the other settings but the bugs will need to be worked out by Paul. I am sure he will come back and do this once he gets his other business taken cared of. :P

It was not easy, and very time consuming to test the various parameter settings and their multitude of combinations. My main goal was to make the fighting fish realistic and exciting to catch but tried to keep the new settings from crashing the software. I am happy to report that I might have achieved that in the final version of Rio Parana. (Fingers crossed!) :P

To fully enjoy this outing and the fighting and jumping fish, you should use maybe a 9 foot rod, 8-9w weight line and 1-2X leader. This is the typical tackle used to fish for the Golden Dorado and other game fish in the real Rio Parana in Argentina. You can use heavy tackle but your fishing fun will be greatly reduced as the fish are not allowed to make their runs and do their aerobatics during the fight. This is a great top water (dry flies) outing if you like that sort of thing. Some of the fish will actually jump and charge at the floating fly from beneath the water surface and this is a real sight to behold.

I will upload a "complete" download folder in the Develeopment Forum. Inside the zip file you will find one folder containing the main Rio Parana outing, and 9 new fish files. Just put the Rio Parana folder in your "outing" folder, and copy and paste the 9 new fish files into your main "fish" folder and you will be all set to go. The sound and food items are pretty standard ones and you should already have those in your RWFF software.

I hope you will find the time during the Easter Holidays to give this one a try. I was actually quite intrigued, and amazed what some of the new fish parameters settings can do to an outing. I only wished we had those a long time ago as they made a HUGE difference in both the feel and sight of our beloved game. Now maybe our own Martin will go back and redo some of his favorite old outings using the new parameters? :lol: :lol:

Have a nice Holiday everyone!

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Re: RIO PARANA DONE! Happy Easter and Good Fishing!

Postby badger040 » Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:42 pm

hi Stanley
just started your new exciting outing
first fish hooked looked like a golden dorado in site 1
after just a couple of jumps it crashed "gr"
restarted and got to site 3
same again
i did manage to land these 2 fish from site 1 and 2
i am on v140
will keep at it and update as i go
regards
Badger040
badger040

Postby Yellowstone7 » Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:17 pm

Hi Badger:

Thanks for the quick feedback. I tried to replicate the problem tonight and failed. As it is late and I have to get to bed now I will give it another try tomorrow and see if I can get the "gr" error to happen like you did. I think it might be the Acrobatics setting causing the problems. If this problem persists I will go ahead and upload another version without this setting. The jumps will be about the same but not so spectacular. :lol:

Thanks!

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Postby badger040 » Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:12 pm

hi Stanley
seems ok now
regards
Badger040
badger040

Return to Real World Fly Fishing