Jumping Golden Dorado and Silver Amazon Arowanas!

RWFF game announcements and discussion (off-topic posts will be deleted)

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest, Pitti

Jumping Golden Dorado and Silver Amazon Arowanas!

Postby Yellowstone7 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:15 pm

Hi Everyone:

First of all, I would like to thank Roger for his excellent job doing the research on the new S. American fish. It makes our RWFF both fun and informative. There is so much to learn in this fishing world of ours.

I spent most of the evening and late night experimenting with fish jump and jump height settings. To my knowledge this will be the first time that these parameters have been used in an official outing release. If you would recall I did some experiments with jump, jump height, stamina and other settings that Paul gave us but these setting were always in the experimental stages and never used in a full outing release. I thought this time I would attempt to do this with the Rio Panara outing. Shhhhh....keep it quiet but the results were pretty spectacular, that is if I can keep the software from crashing during a fish jump. :lol:

I started with some pretty high settings and gradually backed off a little by little until I got the desired results, without the RWFF software crashing during the middle of a fight. I think I have almost got it right but I will still need to do some more work on it just to make sure the software will not crash during a fight in all the scenes. Once I am satisfied that it works then I will finish up the outing and will release it. I think you will enjoy the final results. However, I suspect in order for you to enjoy these added features you will need to have the latest RWFF version updates.

Here are some pictures of the Jumping Golden Dorado and the new Jumping Amazon Silver Arowana. The action was pretty cool and these fish fought like demons when I fished with medium size tackle. Since none of the fish in this outing are too big (no more than 40 inches) the medium weight tackle would be very appropriate for this fishing adventure. Maybe a 9 foot, 8 WT rod with 1 or 2X tippet?

Now back to the drawing board and more work. If nothing got into my way I am hoping that I will have it finished and ready for release sometime next week. :lol:

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Re: Jumping Golden Dorado and Silver Amazon Arowanas!

Postby rwwalleye » Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:34 am

Hi Stanley,
Looks like that might make the fishing even more thrilling. Just curious on what update are you using right now. I'm up to 140. Even though we have the 2 new fish, I will do a write-up on them anyway. I definitely enjoy the research and what a person could learn from them. Will be nice to see when it's all done. If you can go ahead and send me a list of all the fish included and I'll go ahead and do the research on them and write it up. Roger (rwwalleye)
rwwalleye

Postby Yellowstone7 » Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:30 pm

Hi Roger:

I am using V.140 now and it works fine. I had the software updated to V.141 and had some trouble with the "gr" error while using some of the new parameters. Some of the new parameters (e.g. acrobatics, fish fighting speed, etc) were super sensitive and I had trouble with a few of them. For the time being I am only using the fish jump rate and jump height adjustments. I hope when Paul gets a bit of time he will come back and make those parameter more usable. They would add so-o much more to our already great RWFF software. :lol:

Just to add a bit more spice to the Rio Panara outing, and to keep you on your toes, I built a "Giant Wolf Fish" to put into the new outing. This formidable predator will eat anything in its path and it is a great fighter on any kind of tackle. Sort of like the Mike Tyson in the fish world. This fish will grow to a maximum of 47 inches and may weight as much as 100 lbs! :lol: Wire leaders are recommended for this fish due to its sharp teeth. I will put a few of these in some of the scenes and I hope they will surprise the RWFF flyfisherman.

Here are some pictures of the Giant Wolf Fish.

I am also going to put the Amazon Paranha into this outing. This is the red breasted version. Even though these don't grow too big, nevertheless they are considered fearsome fish in any river. Can't have A S.America outing without the Piranha, right? :lol:

I will work a bit more on the outing during the next few days. Thanks again for all your help in the fish research department. We make a perfect team! :lol:

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Postby rwwalleye » Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:59 am

Hi Stanley,
Another nice addition to the fish species list. Been busy today and busy tomorrow, but Friday will release some more info on you fish and will release another pictures and info from another of Martin's Missouri outings, only need 5 more of the 16 species to finish it. Still have 8 sites to fish thru. It was another excellent outing so far. Hope your health is good and don't stay up to late, remember, doctors orders. Roger (Rwwalleye)
rwwalleye

Return to Real World Fly Fishing