Creation of New User Issues

RWFF game announcements and discussion (off-topic posts will be deleted)

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest, Pitti

Creation of New User Issues

Postby phillykid00 » Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:26 pm

Hello, I recently bought Real World Fly Fishing and I went to play the game. I booted up fine but it is cut off slightly at the top. Also when I get to the create a new user screen I go to create a new user and it does not allow me to type. Can someone tell me why it is doing this and how to fix it. I would really like to play the game. Oh and one other thing I haven't mentioned I'm on windows 8 thanks for the help in advance.
phillykid00

Re: Creation of New User Issues

Postby rwwalleye » Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:06 am

Hi Phillykid00,
Welcome to RWFF family. Set up a separate file and list as Game(s). Download RWFF into this file. When you start up the game right click on the icon and hit troubleshoot compatibility. I reset mine for played in windows 7. When done with that you can start game. once you get to the first site go to options. Reset Screen Resolution to 800 x 600. Set Full Screen to off and Native Resolution to off. Then hit ok. Game should play fine just on a smaller screen. Went through a lot of problems to get to that point but that's the only way I could get it to play on my computer. I also updated to Windows 8.1. I hope I explained that well enough. If anymore problems please feel free to post it anytime. Somebody is usually around 24/7 since a lot of our members live from all over the world. Welcome again and I hope this helps in some way. Roger (rwwalleye)
rwwalleye

Postby phillykid00 » Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:25 am

Thanks you for the help once again it is greatly appreciated now i can enjoy RWFF. Sincerly, Phillykid00
phillykid00

Postby Yellowstone7 » Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:18 am

Hi Phillykid00:

A very warm welcome to our RWFF Forum. I am glad Roger helped you with your Windows 8.1 issues and you are now enjoying your fishing. After you get used to the standard RWFF outings you might want to explore the many additional custom outings that we have on this Forum. Those will offer you exotic destinations, rare fish species and exhausting fights with big fish up to 80 inches in length. Installing custom outings for the first time might turn out a little tricky and will involve A LOT of additional file downloads. Members on the Forum will be glad to help you with any problems that you may have installing the new outings.

In the future please post your technical questions in our Technical Support Forum. Like Roger said somehow will be awake at all hours around the world and will be able to help you.

Looking forward to seeing some of your catches and posts on this Forum. :P

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Return to Real World Fly Fishing