OH, NO, another Cutch suggestion!!

RWFF game announcements and discussion (off-topic posts will be deleted)

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest, Pitti

OH, NO, another Cutch suggestion!!

Postby Cutch » Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:27 pm

LOL

To me it doesn't seem right for Pitti and Dave not to participate in the contests. I've been playing hunting. fishing. and racing tourneys (contests), in various games for several years and the folks that set these up, played in them too. :wink:

Regardless of what type of contests, , I like to compete against the best players in the game, and I feel Pitti and Dave are a couple of the best in RWFF. :wink:

I feel Pitti and Dave miss a really fun part of RWFF :!: So, what do you folks think,.....should they play or not :?: (That is if they have time,....and want too) :wink:
Cutch

Postby Fishin Musician » Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:17 am

Let them play! Let them play! Let them play! Let them play! :lol: that is if they want to :wink: I sure would want to!
Fishin Musician

I agree

Postby Bobcat John » Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:18 am

From the start I have wanted Piti and then Dcarp to play in the conytest I beleive that we do this for fun and the contest are such that no one persdon or another has an edge so the creator might have an Idea about the contest but the program has a random factor that can not be controlled with out changing the game. So I say that if they have time and want to join in the fun join in and we can see their name on the trophy wall.
I've spent the most important time of my life fishing. What was left over I wasted.

Bobcat John

Bobcat John

Postby oppimax » Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:31 am

Hello guys! :D

I join the chorus! :P :P :P

They have to play: they organize (thx a lot!! :wink: ) and they can play...if they want obviously....like each of us!

They have the same chances and the same knowledge about the contest like us so....Dave, Peter c'mon play and fish with us! :D :D :D

Ciao
Massimo
oppimax

Postby Pitti » Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:55 am

I like to compete against the best players in the game, and I feel Pitti and Dave are a couple of the best in RWFF.

LOL,

I can talk only for me, but I'm not part of the pro-league. In theory and as weseacre I'm great but not as player. :wink: Everybody whose know me from the online games, know this. No chance against cutch, oppimax, taupo and others.
Last times I spend the chat-tool. Now I can't enhance it anymore. I'm at the end of my programming-skill.

I promise, next contest I will be on the boat. :D

Regards Peter
Pitti

re: players

Postby Carolmo » Thu Oct 18, 2007 4:26 pm

I agree! Let them play! They should have some of the fun and not just all of the work!
Carolmo
Fly fishing is not a matter of life and death--it's more important than that!
Carolmo

Postby dcarp » Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:26 pm

Howdy Everyone,

I really enjoy fishing in the contests myself. One of the reasons I volunteered to help Peter in the first place was so that he could have the opportunity to join in the fun once in a while. I figured we could get him into the contests if he wasn't responsible for the "behind the scenes" part of it.

I do not think there is much "conflict of interest" when it comes to the contests. We don't have any "magic crystal ball" that allows us to see into the game programming. (at least I don't :D ) . The Clubhouse is completely seperate from the game. The only potential advantage Peter or I would have is in making the "rules". But I think you've all been witness to our fishing abilities. On the contests I participated in, I was only in the top 5 once, and that was the contest for catching the SMALLEST fish! Another advantage we would have is the ability to see the scores in advance. We would know who is leading and what to set our sights on.

There are a couple ways to have Peter and I participate in the game that may put everyone's mind at ease. One option is that Peter only participates in the contests that I administrate, and I only participate in the contests that he administrates.

The other option would be that we both participate in all contests, but have the other peron validate our codes. I validate Peter's, and he validates mine.

And finally, it may require that everyone post their scores differently. I'm not sure how that would work out, since we are all in different time zones. I guess we could have all scores posted after the contest is officially ended, but that prolongs the posting of the results by a day.

With that said..........

I thoroughly enjoy myself even when I'm not participating in the contests. The communication with all the members is very rewarding. When I am in charge of the contest, I get to talk with everyone. I get to see all the scores as they come in and see as each fisherperon betters their scores throughout the week. That makes it very fun and interesting for me.

I do unofficially participate in the contests, for my own personal competitiveness. I follow the rules and calculate my score as if I were participating, just to see where I would end up. On the last contest I was in the top 10 :wink: (out of 12 participants)

So, unless anyone objects, I will be participating in the next couple contests (Peter will be running them). Please, Please object if you have concerns. You can send me a PM so that nobody needs to know and I will cheer from the riverbank and be very content.

Dave
dcarp

Postby Cutch » Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:47 pm

Ok, Peter and Dave,
Here goes,...you both know I'm not bashful about giving my opinion. I would like you BOTH to participate in all the contests you wish to join. I don't care if you see the scores in advance, because if I enjoy the contest, I keep trying to better my scores up until the end :!: :wink: (I'm sure the other members who are serious about trying to be #1, do this too?)
If you want to check each other's scores, that's up to you 2, but as far as I'm concerned, it isn't necessary. (I know you're both honest and trust you completely)
So I say anything that causes extra work, delays, etc,.....forget it,....it's not necessary. But, I will go along with whatever the majority wants. There, I've stated my opinion....LOL :wink:
What say, folks, how do you feel? :wink:
Cutch

re: contests

Postby Carolmo » Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:54 pm

Hi,
I agree with Cutch! Come join us on the rivers in the contests! I'll even bring sandwiches!
Carolmo
Fly fishing is not a matter of life and death--it's more important than that!
Carolmo

Hi All

Postby jcroc36 » Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:40 pm

Hi All

I agree with you all :D , but i will go one step further, if Dcarp and Pitti are not in a fishing competition from now on, i will with draw from that competition that they do not fish in :lol: .

I would like them both to join in the fun too :D 8)
jcroc36

Postby dcarp » Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:52 pm

Obviously Jcroc has been paying close attention to the scores I have posted and realizes I am not a threat to anyone :wink: .

I do not want anyone dropping out of the competitions, so count me in on the next one.

Dave
dcarp

Postby taupo_tiger » Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:37 pm

hey guys,

i am sure they both took part in each competition

the only difference was they didn´t post their scores.....

:)

so come on, let us know
:)
(and i do know their scores are pro league ggg)
taupo_tiger

Postby Cutch » Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:59 pm

Yes, I'm sure they did taupo. but playing the contest and not entering your score along with your friends, is kinda like going on your honeymoon,....and sleeping on the couch by yourself....LOL :lol:
Cutch

I agree witgh every one

Postby Bobcat John » Fri Oct 19, 2007 3:14 am

I agree with all the others so Dave and Peter jump in, the water is fine and the fish don't bite to bad.
I've spent the most important time of my life fishing. What was left over I wasted.

Bobcat John

Bobcat John

Return to Real World Fly Fishing