New outing available to download

RWFF game announcements and discussion (off-topic posts will be deleted)

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest, Pitti

New outing available to download

Postby paul » Thu Dec 22, 2005 4:44 am

Anyone up for some steelhead fishing? You can now download an outing on the Polis River (yes, it's a pseudonym) and a small creek, both in a large city near Lake Michigan. This outing takes place in late April when the steelhead are running. There are also smallmouth bass in the river and some small brookies in the creek, but the real attraction is the steelhead.

The day I photographed this outing I also fished these sites. There were very few steelhead up from the lake that day, but I did manage to catch one 35 incher on a nymph. The RWFF version of that outing duplicates the conditions, except that you'll find more steelhead running. Pick a fairly heavy rod and a strong leader. If you hook up be prepared for some runs deep into the backing.

To add this outing, download the file below (8 MB) and unpack all the files in it into the folder where you've installed Real World Fly Fishing. When you're selecting an outing to fish you'll notice a new "page down" button in the bottom right. Click that to get to the new outing.

Here's the file:

http://www.pishtech.com/rwffa001_PolisSteelhead.zip

As with the update to the software, forum readers will get the first crack at the new outing. Since this is the first downloadable add-on content, please use the forum to let us know how it goes for you. Happy fishing!

Paul Halter
Pishtech
paul
Site Admin

New Outing

Postby kerrye » Thu Dec 22, 2005 4:36 pm

Wow! Great addition to the game. I haven't landed a steelie yet but you don't offer anything heavier than 0X tippet. The last one I hooked I played for six or eight minutes and did not even have all my backing back on the reel before he broke me off.
A man should believe in something. I believe I'll go fishing.
kerrye

New Outing

Postby RickB » Thu Dec 29, 2005 6:54 pm

The new steelhead stream is quickly becoming my favorite! I love the new location and the steelies fight like nothing else in the game. I haven't had any trouble landing them. I lost the first one I hooked, mostly because it was time to leave so I tried to horse it in the last few feet. Just like a real steelie, he made me pay! Since then I'm 5 for 5. Make sure you're using a heavy enough rod and pump him, keep the pressure on the whole time and be patient.
RickB

Postby Dawg54 » Fri Feb 03, 2006 8:06 pm

Hi paul just odered the game was wondering how long the updates are posted
hi not sure its filled out rite let me know
Dawg54

Postby paul » Sun Feb 05, 2006 1:29 am

Dawg54,

We plan to always keep the updates and add-ons available on-line. Your order shipped Friday, so it should arrive early next week.

Thanks!

Paul
paul
Site Admin

Return to Real World Fly Fishing