Invitation for Online Fishing

RWFF game announcements and discussion (off-topic posts will be deleted)

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest, Pitti

Invitation for Online Fishing

Postby Pitti » Sat Oct 13, 2007 10:00 am

Hello :)

I would like to meet all of you for a first Online Testgame. We could fish one hour for all species at the new Deschutes River.

Level: Beginner
Starttime: Sunday 14.10.07, Germany 22.00 clock. I think that would be a good compromise for all member. We could meet us an half hour earlier for some chatting.

Here you can easy find your local time for the meeting:

http://www.worldtimeserver.com/meeting-planner.aspx

Date 14.10.07
As location 1 please select Germany, and as location 2 your home. Then click submit. Now look at the left side of the table (germany) 22 clock. At the right side on the same row you can see your corresponding local time.

Is the meeting-time coming, start the RWFF Chat, let it open and start RWFF. Setup your rules (level easy, open the deschutes river). Press ALT+TAB to come back to the chat. Enter your name and click connect. We can talk a little bit and start the game at 22 clock. I will set the timer and start it. You have nothing to do, only start fish if you hear the start-bip. You will hear all caughts of you and all other players: "whohoo". After 60 minutes you hear the bip-sound again. The game is over. Press ALT+TAB to come back to the chat. Then one of us must exit the chat and open the chatlogs-folder at the RWFF-folder, find the chatlog of today and caluculate who caught the most inches.

This little contest bring no points or prize, because it's only a testmatch.

Please remember to install the chat-tool correct: Only the RWFF Chat.exe (not the RWFF Chat-Folder) must lie into to RWFF-folder:

It would be nice to meet many guys tomorrow. :)

Regards Peter
Pitti

Postby oppimax » Sat Oct 13, 2007 1:39 pm

Hi Peter, :D

I'll be there!!!!! :wink:

In this day I've been fishing with Taupo and Powerlifteruncw from Pennsylvania. Was very fun! :P

I hope they will look at the forum with other guys and then they will be at the first "test-chatting- contest". :!: :?: :!: :?:

Great!! 8)

Ciao and thx.

massimo
oppimax

Postby Bobcat John » Sat Oct 13, 2007 2:41 pm

Hi Peter
I will try to be there I have not had much luck finding any one online with my weird sechdule buyt that is finished no and I hopre to do more fishing online with others. I think this chat can lead to some fun challanges. Sorry about the picture being centered I haven't figured out how to move it over.
If you are wondering the hat is a real Bobcat pelt I'm also a mountain reanactor and that is why the user name of Bobcat John the shootong of muzzle loading rifles and shotguns is my other hobby beside fly fishing and fly tying.
I've spent the most important time of my life fishing. What was left over I wasted.

Bobcat John

Bobcat John

Postby dcarp » Sat Oct 13, 2007 4:46 pm

See you all tomorow. It's a beautiful day here in Oregon so I'm heading up the road to see if I can catch a few fish.

Dave
dcarp

Postby Cutch » Sat Oct 13, 2007 7:12 pm

Sounds like fun,..I'll try to make it. :wink:

Cutch

Postby dcarp » Sun Oct 14, 2007 11:47 pm

Hello Everyone!

What a great time that was!!!

We had a wonderful hour of fishing and chatting. There were a couple technical difficulties, but over all, I think everyone had a great time.

We had Cutch try and catch a couple fish to test things out and he just took off fishing! He showed up at the end though with some nice catches. Taupo and Massimo were catching fish left and right. Once we figure who won, here's a batch of Dechutes Flies (freshly tied) for the winner:

Top Left: Ferry Canyon
Top Right: Mack's Canyon
Center Left: Freight Train
Center Right: Dechutes Madness
Bottom Left: Coal Car
Bottom Right: Signal Light

All these fly patterns originated for use on the Dechutes River. Ferry and Mack's Canyon are named after fishing holes on the Dechutes. The Freight Train, Coal Car and Signal Light are named in honor of the railroad that runs up the Dechutes river and the Dechutes Madness kinda says it all.

Tight Lines

Dave (Dcarp)
dcarp

Postby Cutch » Mon Oct 15, 2007 1:36 am

LOL, sorry about that, I thought everyone was already fishing. :shock:
Anyway using the Chat was loads of fun,....I enjoyed chatting with you folks. :wink:
Cutch

Postby oppimax » Mon Oct 15, 2007 8:51 am

Cutch you were great! :D

I could imagine you with your rod and waders into the "virtual" water fishing steelies in Deschutes! :wink:

Chatting and fishing all together was real fun! :P

I'm sure that Peter will make the chat program much more fun and amusing (even if he says the contrary he is a very good "fly-fishing programmer" :D :wink: )

@Peter: any help you need...I'm here at disposal!

See you all soon!

Ciao
Massimo
oppimax

Postby dcarp » Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:09 pm

Cutch,

Don't feel bad at all! It was priceless :lol: . I told them all after you took off that when you tell an Oregonian to go fishin - he goes fisihin! We were all thoroughly entertained by it all. We tried several ways off calling you back and every few minutes we'd hear a "Wahoo!" and your catch would show up on the screen. I was ROFLMAO! Check your "chat log" to see the conversation that was going on. It was hilarious!

The real-time contest was hugely successful in my opinion. Some folks had technical difficulties, but Peter is on the case working out solutions. The more we play, the more we learn and like everything else around here, it just keeps getting better and better.

Tight Lines

Dave (Dcarp)
dcarp

Postby dcarp » Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:46 pm

Hey Folks,

How did the test of version 1.8 got today? Sorry I wasn't able to join in, things came up at work that got in the way.

Dave
dcarp

Postby Pitti » Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:54 am

Hi Dave,

it works fine so far. We were fishing with 3 guys at the beautiful Burns River.

2 fishes were not registered, but this is problem of RWFF self. They could not found in the score_log too.
But I think, with such small bugs we can live.

Perhaps we should think about a online league in addition to our traditional weekly contests.

@all: It would be nice to meet more people to an online match. At sunday we were seven guys. Not bad, but it could be more. Please don't be afraid, using the tool is very, very easy and it's funny to talk and fish together. Yes, we have the worldtime-problem, but this we can't fix. As guideline we could take routine sunday 22 o'clock (Germany). Please come and look the wonderful club-community-feeling live.

Regards Peter
Pitti

Postby taupo_tiger » Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:54 am

good morning,

sorry for my absence yesterday at 10 pm, we had visitors so i could not join

cu all next time
:)
taupo_tiger

Postby dcarp » Tue Oct 16, 2007 3:35 pm

Hello Everyone,

Glad to hear that the test of the new version went well. I still need for someone to step forward and claim the prize, though. Was it Taupo or Massimo, or Cutch? Those flies want to be in the hands of a master fisherman! :lol: If they stay at my house they will get will eventually get wet :wink: .

TIght Lines

Dave
dcarp

Postby taupo_tiger » Tue Oct 16, 2007 5:21 pm

hi dave,

i am the first to claim that i was NOT the winner
:)
i would suggest:
let the first field test be the first field test and keep them for an upcoming next online contest

if they get wet - no problem - but in this case you should add the fish you caught - in this case i would choose air mail for sending, otherwise you have a smell mail
:lol:
taupo_tiger

Postby dcarp » Tue Oct 16, 2007 5:38 pm

Taupo,

I like your idea to save them for the next "live" contest. Does anyone have a problem with that??

BTW - if they do get wet and find their way into a fishes mouth, would you like the fish whole, filleted, cut into steaks, or smoked??? :wink:

Dave
dcarp

Next

Return to Real World Fly Fishing