Jumping Golden Dorado for S. America outings

RWFF game announcements and discussion (off-topic posts will be deleted)

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest, Pitti

Jumping Golden Dorado for S. America outings

Postby Yellowstone7 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:24 pm

Hi Everyone:

I have just recreated one of the most beautiful and ferocious fish to be found anywhere.. the Golden Dorado of South America. This fish, although named Dorado and comes under the Salmon classification, has no relationship to the ocean Dorado or the trout and Salmon that we know. It is a very unique fish found in the Central and Eastern part of South America in countries like Brazil, Paraguay, Uruguay, Bolivia and Argentina. A perfect fish for our South American outings.

This fish is a strong fighter and a high jumper and is sought after for sport as well as its excellent culinary qualities. It grows to a maximum size of 39 inches and can weight as much as 69 pounds! That will be a handful for anyone with any kind of tackle. This fish feeds mostly on other smaller fish and can be taken on lures, plugs, streamers and anything that imitates a swimming prey.

This Jumping Dorado will compliment the one we already have in the Club House. I did some research and there is a problem with the old Golden Dorado sized at 54.7 inches. It is too big for this fish. The new Jumping Dorado will have a good jump rate and jump height. A very exciting fish to catch with medium tackle. Here are some pictures of this new fish.

I hope your will be able to hook into this beautiful fish soon in a a theatre near you! :lol:

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Re: Jumping Golden Dorado for S. America outings

Postby Yellowstone7 » Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:17 am

Hi All:

I have something interesting for you. Using the new jump height and jump rate parameters, I was able to get the Golden Dorado to jump clear of the water. These features will be incorporated into V.140 and later. Paul is working on a final version update so be on the look out for it.

The scene here is the Rio Parana in Argentina where they have great Golden Dorado fishing. Hope you enjoy the effects. :lol:

Regards.

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Postby badger040 » Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:28 am

hi Stanley
and all
what an exciting proposition you have created
cant wait for its release into an outing
i'm sure any outing creator will do justice to this fish
regards
Badger040
badger040

Postby Barns » Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:12 pm

Hi Stanley and all,

Been so busy , not had much chance to do anything, certainly not any fishing. I keep looking in at forum just to keep myself updated. Love all these new fish you have been creating Stanley, but are any going to be released to be used.

I like the idea of the fish jumping out of the water but, i don't think your gif image is a true picture, it looks like we are fishing for flying fish. Would be good if a fish ran, then jumped , back under for another spell then jumped again. This would be more like the real thing.

I have also been working on a new fish, which i have now finished and new outing to go with it, just doing last minute testing. I was trying out Doc's new program Evolution 1.

It doesn't like duplicate fish so gave me a bit of a headache, and where is Doc when i need him , on holiday. Meeting up with Doc next week , going to teach him the art of real fly fishing. Hopefully from this he will learn more for the game.

Keep up the good work Stanley.

I will return later this year once all my major projects are fully finished at work.

Regards

Barns
Barns

Postby Yellowstone7 » Sat Sep 21, 2013 6:33 pm

Hi Uncle Barnsie and All:

Always good to see you back on the Forum. Yes, things have been pretty quiet with everyone trying to do what they do before the snow starts to fly again. The GIF of the Golden Dorado is not representative of what it does in an outing situation. It does fight for a while, make a run and then jumps out of the water. Not the dancing ballerina that you see in the GIF. I thought it was kind of fun to do it though. :lol:

I am working on an Argentinian outing feature the Jumping Golden Dorado and a couple of new S. American fish. Just finished building the Sorubim Catfish which can grow to 65 inches. I will upload some pictures of it when I have it swimming in my fish pond. Should be a good one and guess what? This one does not jump much! LOL

Doc is still sunning in Spain. I hope he doesn't get too sunburned when he returns to the UK. From what I have seen his new Evolution outing should be a fun one to try.

In Hong Kong we are bracing ourselves for the strongest Typhoon in over 50 years and it is expect to hit land within 24 hours. It packs wind speeds of up to 160 MPH. All airlines and ferries have cancels their regular scheduled in anticipation of the typhoon coming. A good time to stay home and do maintenance on the computers and build new fish and outings. :P

Were you able to win any more real fishing tournaments this year? The season must be coming to a close by now.

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Postby Barns » Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:39 pm

Stanley

I retired early this year from tournaments, due to what i classed as cheating by someone. I was over ruled at agm and i fell out with committee so decided not to fish anymore this year.

As work been so busy, i haven't really missed it much. I have still been tying quite a bit with new flies for next season just in case i return.

Glad your fish spends a bit of time in water, was getting worried we were going to be catching flying fish. :lol:

Done all my testing this afternoon on new outing, slightly different from what i usually do. Not a hard outing, more of a fun outing fished on light tackle for enjoyment, i was testing using 3x and 7w 10ft rod.

Please give it a go and let me know what you think. Also new fish for outing.

Regards

Barns
Barns

Return to Real World Fly Fishing