Mad Dash Tourney Over...We have a surprise winner!

RWFF game announcements and discussion (off-topic posts will be deleted)

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest, Pitti

Mad Dash Tourney Over...We have a surprise winner!

Postby Yellowstone7 » Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:02 am

Dear VFFL Tournament Participants and All:

The "Fat Lady Has Sung" and we conclude our Mad Dash Tournament with a surprise winner! :lol: Barns held the lead most of the way and was pipped at the 12th hour by Badger who turned in a fantastic score to put Barns' best effort into second place. Badger was on holiday for nearly two weeks and had no access to internet. He returned home, kept his head down and returned a fantastic Challenge Score of 8571 to beat Barns' best by 284 points! Wow!

Badger, our man of the "last hour" also caught a nice Jumping Muskie at 58.21 on his way to set a record. Doc had previously caught a big Muskie at 58.57 inch and has been declared the winner of the largest fish caught. Congratulations to Badger and Doc for winning the first and second prize of the tournament. A job really well done indeed. Uncle Barns, you will have another opportunity to say your favorite "Soreeeeeee!!" in another tournament in the near future. My congratulations for a fine effort though. :lol:

Overall, I think we have had a great two week tournament despite computer problems experienced by both Chuck and Roger which put them on the sideline. My dark horse Roger was doing well before his computer crashed. He would have been serious competition for the likes of Barns and Badger. I would like to thank the VFFL Committee for their support and help with choosing the right outing for this tournament. I think all would agree that while the fishing was not exceedingly difficult in Experienced Mode, it did take a lot of skill and patience (and some luck of course) to come up with a high score. I wished to thank Martin for his excellent work in St. Lawrence River Sultry Dusk which everyone seemed to have enjoyed fishing. Keep up the good work!

You can see all the tournament scores and details in the VFFL Score Sticky. Here are some pictures of the winning Challenge score and the prizes that Bridger and Doc will receive for their great efforts. The Winner of the Challenge will get a 16 GB Flash drive, the winner of the biggest fish (second prize) will get a 8 GB flash drive. I thought those are useful items and you can use it to backup all your RWFF software and files on it. (A full install of RWFF with everything, including the kitchen sink, will come in at around 7 GB)

Badger and Doc, please send me your full mailing address either by PM, or directly to my email address (which both of you already have) and I will dispatch your prizes to you via Speed Airmail. Congratulations!!

The Winning Challenge Score by Badger:

Last but not least, I want to thank all the members for their support and taking part in our VFFL tournament. A special thanks to Boston Bob who has not participated in a tournament for many years. Your participation and effort are greatly appreciated by everyone here on RWFF. Who knows, maybe Bob will be the big surprise for the next tournament? :lol:

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Re: Mad Dash Tourney Over...We have a surprise winner!

Postby Barns » Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:53 am

Barry

Congratulations on your last minute win. Once i got my score couldn't get anywhere near it again so well done. Any chance we could see your caught fish, i would like to see where the bigger fish were caught.

Thanks

Barns
Barns

Postby badger040 » Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:05 pm

hi Barns
thanks
as requested
Fish: 41.52 inch Jumping Bowfin from Sw St. Lawrence River Sultry Dusk; Code: WKEIPRJXGUSUH6933YUEVKLQOWQFQTWEGMGMIXADQLUSZGNTLNWPZGFNAWNSL
Fish: 36.06 inch Jumping Bowfin from Sw St. Lawrence River Sultry Dusk; Code: RFTVOAYLIRYWO2869QZJBPYDFWOVHDWWFYQPAFJYBWDZYJEVEUFHSFFFCFXXO
Fish: 34.40 inch Jumping Largemouth Bass from Sw St. Lawrence River Sultry Dusk; Code: DHCHUFFODRSGB0556BFTURHYTRQUENZPRWMXSBIGFVCGHRSVJCHTFLHUDJRNX
Fish: 35.30 inch Jumping Largemouth Bass from Sw St. Lawrence River Sultry Dusk; Code: HSVTFPBDMPGXK7298QMEFKTHSKXZFLSAFYYUNMSKQEISHJESCWWMYWZRDSZLH
Fish: 40.37 inch Jumping Steelhead Red from Sw St. Lawrence River Sultry Dusk; Code: REQIUJPVRMGYX9743OBGENZXUJWDZGCSXHNYMXRUCSUFMBUEIEXXJMWUXBBJK
Fish: 34.37 inch Jumping Largemouth Bass from Sw St. Lawrence River Sultry Dusk; Code: YUAISOWRWBNLZ2244WFPPJOQFJMMBFNWLDSNWTPROHZBQBYTXCATREEZPGLKX
Fish: 46.02 inch Jumping Pike from Sw St. Lawrence River Sultry Dusk; Code: WOFSLRKBITENE4274FYIHVOFWKZXOUGFNULKMOLVMFNUUKJAGKKRDCAWZAYQO
Fish: 46.26 inch Jumping Pike from Sw St. Lawrence River Sultry Dusk; Code: HOUJIPARJYABN9946JZASZIJLXNPPSIZZRTEJDZSUCQIMNALHZIDCAEQFLHVR
Fish: 49.48 inch Jumping Pike from Sw St. Lawrence River Sultry Dusk; Code: ZSSUEVMIMLXJF8626EYLBETCWWITOQMUEXBDNRHSNPDJECSJFYZRBQHUDAVZK
Fish: 52.52 inch Jumping Muskie from Sw St. Lawrence River Sultry Dusk; Code: PXJZULVPMRKOZ7561YTQOVSTNJGVQEOWAISCZYEVRTMJXCRROYFLOPLWYAHPM
Fish: 45.86 inch Jumping Pike from Sw St. Lawrence River Sultry Dusk; Code: IKYDFXHRZQRAE0407OQQDGPRQDAUECLWDCNMYCIUMWSDKQZKYPRNBSFPHKAWH
Fish: 45.93 inch Jumping Pike from Sw St. Lawrence River Sultry Dusk; Code: HRTOKYSTVYPXU4193OHBHHMBAQFHFPYVXZMDZDAGJTAQVBMAOFOCXVPOYGDPU
Fish: 42.05 inch Jumping Muskie from Sw St. Lawrence River Sultry Dusk; Code: SKMUZYABMNJGX0830CMKPCZDAXMVANVSDHWCDUVEEPCHYDOAOBHFCIOHOBTAR
Fish: 44.76 inch Jumping Steelhead Red from Sw St. Lawrence River Sultry Dusk; Code: AFDFQBNCAENDP9035FIWBVQFWEQZTKXAQKLDLXVJLZOFMXMKTMIPKZBSEJUMP
Fish: 41.44 inch Jumping Bowfin from Sw St. Lawrence River Sultry Dusk; Code: YIVYVGAAOCEHA9219JIVEDIGBDJSQQIBSQNJRLTQOYKFGXCGFEJHMYMYNWIIU
Fish: 39.38 inch Jumping Bowfin from Sw St. Lawrence River Sultry Dusk; Code: ALSGUBXOELVWC0508QYOQLGOPQSSZFWUMAEKSXPSHHICEZKIYPELIPPONCGUB

Fish: 58.21 inch Jumping Muskie from Sw St. Lawrence River Sultry Dusk; Code: ISCWYXBNFZJWG6892HBWNFSJXJHXGXGYXGOAGBTDPKVPSQZQVQCYBCDHBFODW
if you need anything else you only have to ask
regards
Badger040
badger040

Postby Boston Bob » Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:33 pm

Barry: Great job nipping Barnsie at the last second. Congrats to all who
participated in the challenge and to Doc for landing the largest fish.

Thanks to Martin for creating this beautiful outing.

Nice job Roger on keeping track of the scoring even through difficulties with your computer.

I hope everyone had fun and enjoyed this tournament.

Tight lines,
Boston Bob
Fishing isn't all I do, but it's what I like to do best !
Boston Bob

Postby Barns » Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:55 pm

Barry

Nice run of fish, i see where you i went down hill now. Never mind, there's always the next one. I kind of gave up , with all the pc's going down in America. My fault for not trying right to end.

I knew you were on holiday , but to finish with that score after not posting anything, certainly took me by surprise.

Once again congratulations. Next time it might be on the other foot.

All the best

Barns
Barns

Postby badger040 » Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:32 pm

hi Barns
thanks again for your kind words
i was desperate to compete but had to wait until i got back yesterday
it was not until 1700hrs yesterday that i was able to sit down and give it my full concentration
it certainly was an enjoyable challenge
i had it in mind that you might be sitting on a back up score but as you say you could not get anywhere near your best
looking forward,as always,to the next challenge
hopefully some of our newer members will participate
Doc being the classic example,well done to him on his achievement
THANKSto Martin for creating this outing
and to ALL who make these tournaments possible
best regards
Badger040
badger040

Postby Doc » Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:05 pm

Well done Badger - and thanks for all the organisation guys. By next time I'll probably be better equipped to attack the main prize - you guys were just too good for me ... next time lol!
Doc

Postby rwwalleye » Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:45 pm

Hi Everyone,
Well got the news on my laptop, the hard drive kissed itself good-bye. If everything works out will get it back in about a week. Well congratulations to Badger for a last day extremely high score to pull off the win and also congratulations to Doc one of our newer members to pull off the largest fish of tournament. Also thanks to Barns and Stanley for their high scores which set the tones for all of us. Thanks to everyone else who competed. This made a very interesting tournament for us all. Also want to thank Martin for such a fine outing that was used for the tournament and to again give him the thanks and the appreciation that he deserves for his Dash to 1000 outings. Keep up the good work, we appreciate it greatly. Want to also Thank Paul (Happy Birthday) for such a fine fishing simulator with so many extras that nothing in this world could come close to what has been accomplished here. Also we need to thank all the outing makers and fish makers if it wasn't for all of you, RWFF would not be where it is at today. Thanks again everyone, and we'll see everyone on the forum and at the next tournament. Hope everyone enjoys your summer and will beposting again real soon. Roger
rwwalleye

Postby badger040 » Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:52 am

hi Stanley and all
received today :P :P :P
one proud winner
many thanks
regards
Badger040
badger040

Postby Yellowstone7 » Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:46 pm

Hi Badger, Doc and Everyone:

I am glad your prizes got there OK. You guys really deserved your prizes that you won. Badger, you turned in an unbeatable score during the last hours of the tournament. Quite an achievement. I am sure Uncle Barnsie will try a lot harder next time around. :lol: I thought those USB Flash Drives would be useful for you to keep your RWFF backups and such. Hope you liked them.

Best Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Return to Real World Fly Fishing