We are back!

Questions about ordering, miscellaneous

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest

We are back!

Postby Carolmo » Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:09 pm

Hi guys!
we are back to fishing RWFF after a long absence! Forgot how much fun it is! We are way behind on all of the new elements and seem to have a problem getting downloads. See you again soon!
Carolmo & Bobcat John
Fly fishing is not a matter of life and death--it's more important than that!
Carolmo

Re: We are back!

Postby Yellowstone7 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:41 am

Hi Carolmo and Bobcat John:

Yellowstone7 here. A BIG welcome back after a long absence. I think I joined the RWFF soon after you guys left but I have read many of your old posts on the Forum. You and John were some of the earliest members of our Forum and I am super glad that you guys are back to join the fun. :lol: Good old Boston Bob is still around and sharing some fun with us.

As you can see a lot has happened to our beloved little game since you guys left and you will have a lot of download and catching up to do. Please don't hesitate to make a post here if you need help with some of the new version updates and file downloads. Martin, myself and others have tried to keep everything up to date when the Club House ceased to be updated a couple of years ago. If you need any files chances are many of us will have them.

Good to see you guys again!

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Postby Carolmo » Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:47 pm

Hi, our new friend!
It's good to be back! The clubhouse is nothing like it was when we were there! It's packed with info now and very useful! Thank you for all of your hard work!
Well, a downloading we will go!
Thanks for the welcome!

Carol & John
Carolmo

Postby Yellowstone7 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:13 pm

Hi Carol and Bob:

Glad to have you guys back. Yes, things have changed a lot since you were here. We have now more than 1000 custom outings and over 230 fish species plus many new food and sound items.

As you guys are starting fresh again I do have a couple of important tips for you. Before you do anything please update your RWFF to at least V.133 or later. This version is very stable and has many bug fixes, plus the ability to use 6 frames per cycle for scene animation, and also to use heavier tackle than those provided with earlier versions. Those will come in handy when you go fishing for large ocean species or big sturgeons. Please read Chuck's excellent "Sticky" on how to upgrade to the latest versions in the RWFF Forum.

One of the biggest problems for people trying to download all the files has been that the Club House is now outdated by over two years, and the many new fish, food and sound files are scattered all over the Development Forum. You can't go wrong by visiting the Development Forum and download all the new fish sound and other files uploaded by Martin, aka Scottish Warrier. Barns has just completed a complete fish species download and placed them into A-Z order and this will be very helpful when you are looking for a particular fish to download. Both of them have done a fantastic, not to mention a tedious job, of putting all the files together for our members. My hat is off to them for doing this.

Hope you see you guys on the RWFF Forum soon! :lol:

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Postby Carolmo » Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:50 pm

Hello again!
Boy, we have a lot to do! Thanks for all of the info! We did the update first thing but have noticed that the Kanu River gets stcuk on the second site and the only way out is to go out of RWFF! John loves that outing.Any suggestions? We have Windows 7.
Thanks for al of the info! Glad you and the guys are there!
Carolmo

Postby Yellowstone7 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:12 pm

Hi Carol:

Yes, the Kanu River is a really nice outing from the old days and also one of my favorites too. If you are using Windows7 you must first create a "Games" folder under the C: Drive and put your RWFF install into it or the RWFF software might not work too well. This applies to Vista as well. The file system is a little different in Windows7 than XP.

I think the reason your outing hangs is due to some missing files or misplaced folders. In V.131 there is a file verification feature that comes on when you first start the RWFF game. Allow that to run fully and any errors or missing files that the software finds will be logged as a "content_errors.txt" within the main RWFF folder. If you would upload that text file here we can tell you what is missing and how to fix it.

I know it is a huge job to get everything downloaded and placed into their respective folders but once it is done, then you can fish any of the outings on RWFF whether they are new or old. :P

Looking forward to hearing from you again soon!

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Postby Boston Bob » Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:37 pm

Carol & Bobcat John: Welcome back to RWFF. What a surprise when Stanley told me in an e-mail that you two had made a post on the OTHER forum. I am the oldest member of RWFF and I've kept pretty active on the forum etc.

I took a hiatus for a couple of years recuperating from a pancreatic cancer operation. I've been back for 2 years now and we have a great bunch guys trying to keep the game and forum continuing. Once you have everything uploaded you will find you can fish just about anywhere in the world you would ever want to. There are over 1,150 total outings.

I'm not going to ramble on. Carol if you have my old email address its the same, please write me.. I'll just say one more thing: Sign up on the RWFF forum for Virtual Fly Fishing League Roster. Roger from Indiana is in charge of that part and I'll just say to Roger that we have two returning fly fishing members that are out to kick butt......LOL We might have a tournament coming soon....Watch the forum.

Best wishes and I'm soooo happy you are back.

Boston Bob
Fishing isn't all I do, but it's what I like to do best !
Boston Bob

Postby Carolmo » Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:37 am

Hello Boston Bob!!!
Good to hear a blast from the past! Seems the others are pretty much gone--that's too bad.
Most of the newer guys don't even know that John and I met on the RWFF forum! We are soon coming up on our 5th wedding anniversary!
Where did the time go!
I don't have your e-mail because I have changed computers!
missed you and we often spoke of you!
for now.
Carol & John
Carolmo

Postby rwwalleye » Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:12 am

Hi Carolmo,
I'm Roger the guy Bob told you about. I'm the administrator for our VFFL tournaments. If you are interested all you have to do is send me an e-mail to "bowden@pwrtc.com" and send your name and where you are from and I will add you to our roster. I've been a member for about 4 yrs with 1 year of for the loss of my computer. When I first came on to the forum and was reading all the posts I remembered Bob's reply on your marriage and congratulations on your 5 years. You'll see alot of my post under "rwwalleye". Glad to see you back. Hope the both of you join us on our next tournament around the 10th of May. Go to the forum and at the top of the page you'll see everything about the Vffl. Welcome back again and hope to hear from both of you soon. Roger (rwwalleye)
rwwalleye

Postby Boston Bob » Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:49 am

Carol and John: I tried to send you a PM private message but it didn't go through so I sent an email to your old address
and it came back undelivered...

Send me a PM and we can re-connect.

My best,
Boston Bob
Fishing isn't all I do, but it's what I like to do best !
Boston Bob

Postby Carolmo » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:22 pm

Hi Roger!
Good to "meet" you! We will get back in the swing of things and then see about some contests! Right now we have to be re-downloading outings. We both had to change computers and lost all of our RWFF stuff!
See you soon! Thanks for the nice words!
Carolmo & Bobcat John
Carolmo

Return to Other