Verifying Files...

Help for technical issues

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest

Verifying Files...

Postby wyldechylde77 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:05 pm

Hey guys,

Ok, been having some trouble with this fora while now, but when the screen comes up to verify files, it says to press space bar to cancel verification. For some reason, it will not let me skip it anymore, and it's actually quite aggravating. Does anyone know how to completely bypass the verification altogether?
wyldechylde77

Re: Verifying Files...

Postby Yellowstone7 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:30 pm

Hi Chuck:

This is one of the things we wanted Paul to look at in his future updates. I found when I rebooted my computer I cannot access RWFF without doing the full verification. (the skip feature did not work) Or if I made some changes in some of the RWFF folder files. However, the space bar skip does work when the computer has been turned on for a while and you ran RWFF during that time. At least this is my own personal experience with this feature. Will be interesting to hear what other members have to say about this and if they have the same experience as I have. :P

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Postby Ninjata » Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:47 pm

same problem as you,stop rwff with taskmanager and make a restart from the game , and then works fine, but my 900 outings to verify it takes loooooooong time :/
save the worms, fish with flies :)
Ninjata

Postby rwwalleye » Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:49 am

Hi Everyone,
I only keep 24 outings in my game file at a timesometimes less. If you have all the outingas in with the original game it will definitely take forever to verify. I have a 32 GB Scandisk Memory card I store just outings, none of the original game files. I have them listed by different countries of the world plus under United States I have all the states listed and files go in accordingly. I have almost all outings listed on this card and both versions 128 and 133 as for instance for America under the state of Indiana where I live. file Indiana 128v file Indiana 2 133v and so on. I have it set up so any place I want to go in the world to fish, just transfer outing on card which is already un-zipped to game outing file and poof!!!!! ready to fish. The file stays on the memory card even though you transfer it to computer, the only way it will be removed from your memory card is if you erase it. When your finished with the outing in your game file just completely erase outingand make room for others. I hope this helps. By the way with all outings on my 32 GB memory card unzipped, I still have a little under 8 GB of memory left. That's over 1000 outings. Roger
rwwalleye

Postby Yellowstone7 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:11 am

Hi Roger and Everyone:

That is an excellent suggestion, to keep your unused outings off your active outing folder. Not only will the program boot faster, it will take a lot less time for it to verify itself when it starts up. As a side note, if you are an outing or fish builder, you cannot have too many outings files in your outings folder or the building tool WILL NOT work as it should. Personally I probably keep no more than 70-75 outings in my active outing folder at any one time. I'd just create a "extra outings" folder on my desktop and I would drag and drop those that I don't use into it. When you want to fish it again you can just drag the file back to the outing folder and it is done. :P

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Return to Tech Support