RWFF Game-Chat

RWFF game announcements and discussion (off-topic posts will be deleted)

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest, Pitti

Postby Pitti » Sun Oct 07, 2007 3:58 pm

The link works for me, but I send it per mail now.

Peter
Pitti

Postby taupo_tiger » Sun Oct 07, 2007 4:54 pm

hello,

i have successfully installed the chat tool

great addition, thanks a lot, pitti
:)
taupo_tiger

Postby dcarp » Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:02 pm

Pitti,

This is a great new tool for all of us! You are the best! It was fun to chat with you and Massimo early today and I just got done chatting with Massimo again. Wow, this will be very fun! I haven't "gone fishing" with anyone yet, but can't wait.

I hope more people get involved here. It's a huge leap forward in this great community we all belong too. Even though we are scattered all around the world, we just got a little closer.

Dave
dcarp

Postby Pitti » Mon Oct 08, 2007 3:47 pm

Hello :)

The Game-Chat is updatet to v.1006.

Whats new:

1. The "Chatlog.txt" is now automatic saved if you exit the Chat. It can be located in the new "Chatlogs" Folder at your RWFF Folder. The name of the Chatlog is now include the date and time, like "chatlog_10.8.2007_16.29.txt". Every session will be saved. You can't forget it. Very important for (hopefully) future online-contests.

2. Your messages at the editbox, where you type your messages in, can be longer than the input.

3. If you or the other guys catch a fish, you will see an animation on the lower right side. Of course, you will hear the catch-sound anyway.

4. Some fixes about the Timer. It's works now better.

I would like to meet many guys of you at the chat. The gameplay is very much funny. Please don't be afraid. It's very easy to use.

How to play:

1. Start the RWFF Chat.
2. Enter your name and click "Connect"
3. On the left side you can see all online-members.
4. Talk a little bit, where you all want to play and arrange other rules .
5. To start a game, only one of the online-guys must setup the timer. For example set it to 10 minutes. Do not click "Start".
6. Let the chat open and start RWFF and open the fishing-site. Press "ALT"+"TAB" to go back to the chat.
7. All guys ready? Ok, then click "Start". All guys can hear a bipbip. The match is running. Press "ALT"+"TAB" to open the game-window and fish. Every catch of everybody will make a "Whahoo" sound. You can hear how often your rival has caughts.
If the time is over, everybody will hear bipbip again. Press "ALT"+"TAB" to go back to the chat and look at the caught.
8. If you exit the game, you will find a folder called "Chatlogs" into your RWFF-Folder. Open it and you will find a "score_log.txt" with the actual time. Open it and you will see the whole session caughts.

Again, I hope to meet some people online. If I play RWFF, I always run the Chat in the background. If anybody enter it, I hear a sound and can look who comes. :)

Have fun :D

Download

Regards Peter
Pitti

Postby Pitti » Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:00 pm

Please download it again (now version 1.005). The sounds were corrupt. Now it should works.

Sorry about it, but I can only test it, if anybody is online.

Peter
Pitti

Postby Pitti » Thu Oct 11, 2007 8:29 am

Update to version 1.007:

The Exe is now uncompressed. This should run now better from a company computer. If you have problems about blocked ports: For me is use port 1204.

Download

Regards Peter
Pitti

Postby Cutch » Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:02 pm

Got the latest Chat version downloaded and installed, Pitti...thanks.
A couple questions:
Where do I find the version of my Chat program? (Version 1.007, etc)
Can I install a newer Chat folder over an earlier version without removing the earlier one first?

I have a Comcast Cable connections so from now on when I fish, I'm going to open the Chat first, then start fishing.
I love the new Deschutes River map so I fish for Steelhead most of the time, trying the new Steelhead Flies I recently tied and posted.
BTW, the Steelies gobble up the Redheaded Leech I posted. :wink:
Cutch

Postby Pitti » Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:54 pm

Cutch,

to look at the version, rightclick the RWFF Chat.Exe and select properties and then version. 1.7.0.0 is the newest.
It's no problem to overwrite the old version.

@all: please remember, copy not the RWFF Chat folder, but only RWFF Chat.Exe into the RWFF Folder. The Chat.Exe must lie in the same folder like the RWFlyFishing.Exe. For me it's:
C:\Program Files\PishTech\Real World Fly Fishing\RWFF Chat.Exe.

Regards Pitti

Pitti

Postby Cutch » Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:07 pm

No wonder my Chat hasen't been working right, I pasted the whole folder in the game instead of the RWFF Chat.exe. Thanks Peter, I'll fix that right away.
(I wonder if others have been doing this wrong,...like me?)
Cutch

Postby Pitti » Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:18 am

Another small update. Now version 1.8.

1) I hope it runs now better while multiple caughts at the same time.

2) You can now save the chatlog without leaving the chat (new button).

3) You should now hear a bell-sound if the timer reach 1 minute before it ends, also if an other guy starts the timer.

4) Every caught will now shown the fishcode too.

Of course, it can only tested correct, if more guys are online. I hope of you today at the evening, same time like yesterday.

Download

Regards Peter
Pitti

Postby Pitti » Wed Oct 17, 2007 7:42 am

Small Update to version 1.8b:

Not a really new version. Only little cosmetic: the buttons has now a clicksound if they clicked. Technical it's the same like v1.8. So everybody whose run 1.8, do not need 1.8b. Of course, you can install it, if you like.

I've uploaded 2 download-versions. One as zip and the second as installer for those guys whose had problems to find the right folder for the rwff chat.exe.
The installer create also shortcuts on the desktop and into the startmenu. So it should very easy to use. Uninstaller included.

Download 1.8b as zip

Download 1.8b as Installer

Regards Peter
Pitti

Postby Pitti » Wed Oct 17, 2007 3:48 pm

Sorry, another update to 1.9:

This version calulate semi-automatic the number of caughts and it's total inch.

How to use:

You must be connected. Every of your caught will count as fish-number and total inch. If you click on "copy", it will be copied into the enrty-box. Then click "send" to send this message to all guys.

Every timer-start will reset this datas. Also if an other guy start it. It's for avoid cheating and nobody can forget to reset the datas if an contest starts. Therefore please do not start the timer just for fun when other peolpe are online playing. If you are alone, try it so often you like.

Download are the same links as above.

Regards Peter
Pitti

Postby Pitti » Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:32 pm

Small update to 1.9b.

1) If the chat is minimized into the taskbar, it will blink if a member enter or leave the chat. The same if it got a new message (except caught and timer commands). Thanks for the idea, Dave.

2) The message window shows now who enter or leave the chat.

@Massimo: Your idea about different "whahoo" sound for the members is great too, but at the moment it's really too hard for me. Perhaps later I can try it, ok? :oops:

Download as Zip

Download as Installer

Regards Peter Image
Pitti

Postby Pitti » Tue Oct 23, 2007 7:20 pm

Hi :)

Another small update to version 1.9c:

A new button "Away". If you enable it, it send a message that you are not present at the maschine. Every guy who enter the chat, will get the same as first message. This works also if the chat is minimazed.

Download are the same links as above.

Regards Peter
Pitti

Postby nccorthu » Wed Oct 24, 2007 2:17 am

Here is a link that works do a copy ( CTRL C) to copy to the clip board and a CTRL V to paste to the address line of the browser

http://www.alice-dsl.net/pethein/contes ... nloads.htm

the Chat files are at the bottom
Goodluck
Gary Orthuber
nccorthu

Previous

Return to Real World Fly Fishing