Bonds Lake - Lewiston, NY available for DL

RWFF game announcements and discussion (off-topic posts will be deleted)

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest, Pitti

Bonds Lake - Lewiston, NY available for DL

Postby wyldechylde77 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:24 am

Hey guys,

Hope all of you are well. So, this is why I have been so quiet the past week. I've been working on my new outing here all week, and it gave me quite a few headaches. But, we got through it and after extensive testing, I now bring you Bonds Lake - Lewiston, NY 8). Bonds Lake is a small, calm lake located here in NY in Niagara County, just outside of Lewiston, NY. It is a nice recreational lake, perfect for a lazy summer afternoon of fishing. Here is the lake in its real location, courtesy of Google Earth (and a little handywork of my own). If you are interested in the surrounding area, simply type in Google Earth the coordinates at the bottom of the pic:

Some images here of the real Bonds Lake:

This lake is great for fishing. Old people and youngsters alike fish here, as it is popular with the kids due to the abundant panfish. It doesn't get overly crowded, and certainly is well maintained by the NYDEC. My brother and I like to take the kayaks fishing here on Bonds Lake (you'll notice it is also called "BOND Lake". That is it's real name, but everyone here calls it "BONDS Lake" LOL). There are many species of fish to be found here, with the major draw being the Largemouth Bass. The water is usually calm enough to just paddle out and you can either fish for real, using crankbaits and anything else for the Largemouth and the mighty Northern Pike, or you can simply rig up a slip bobber and catch the many species of panfish present in the lake. But be warned...as you sit back and relax on the kayak, you may get a bone-jarring hit from the resident tank, the Common Carp. Many, many times this has happened to me on this lake, where you'll be catching nothing but Bluegills and small bass when all of a sudden BANG!!! And you're going for a ride!! :lol:
I tried to reflect these experiences in the outing as best I could. You'll find that working at all different depths is a key to getting strikes. This is not a difficult lake (or outing), but rather what you get will depend on your offering really as the many different species all prefer certain things. For example, you may catch a few bass while fishing for Bluegills, but if you want to catch the most and biggest bass, you'd be wise to switch it up! ;-) This outing is all about having fun, with the prospect of some real monsters looming.

Here are some pics from my own tests:

HUGE BASS!!!

Battling a Bonds Lake Behemoth!!!

Thats just a little taste of what to expect here. I hope you guys will download and enjoy yourselves. Wanna see some pics!! Special thanks goes out to Stanley for testing this outing, and to Stanley and Barns for the terrific new species and upgrades that were needed for this outing.
For the record, you will be fishing for:

• Bluegill Male
  • Brown Bullhead
  • Jumping Black Crappie
  • Jumping Largemouth Bass
  • Jumping Pike
  • Pumpkinseed Sunfish
  • White Perch
  • Yellow Bass
  • Common Carp
  • Common Carp Light
  • Yellow Perch

Download link can be found HERE
wyldechylde77

Re: Bonds Lake - Lewiston, NY available for DL

Postby rwwalleye » Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:58 am

Hi Everyone,
I spent a little time on Chucks new outing. Very nicely done and plenty of fish to catch. Here's some of the fish I caught. Tried at 2 different depths and worked out real well.

3/3/2013 Bonds Lake, NY

Fish: 33.16 inch Jumping Largemouth Bass from Bonds Lake, NY; Code: CGSRYHWATCMPP8737RYUAKDNFDBENFSSZRUQWKPFVOKOEISSXXTXXCQBPBETN
Fish: 14.49 inch Bluegill Male from Bonds Lake, NY; Code: KJKFXBMYPCWVO6808WDIAPYOVDTRQWSNWSHJGXTZOWEZXUCTABEIUTBLHBETN
Fish: 27.54 inch Jumping Largemouth Bass from Bonds Lake, NY; Code: YDIKEXYNTMYOE0951WSMDDDDADAIOSWUWNPLKLJQWDMHBQTMBXNVCZFMJMSIH
Fish: 11.76 inch Jumping Largemouth Bass from Bonds Lake, NY; Code: XRDAOQDHKYXRF8224JWJTXXUOWFOCWJZDHKYYCNYWUXUYMWZJZWJXTMLRWBKA
Fish: 34.07 inch Jumping Largemouth Bass from Bonds Lake, NY; Code: LTQTHSTRPXNDT3217RTRXPQRRWTAHWVGRRULJEHTFNWDDISWAWBZRLXHWOCFU
Fish: 37.60 inch Jumping Pike from Bonds Lake, NY; Code: IUQONXTDFWFFN8113NPJMPAZFRVYQQCXKMMZTSUJBISRRUYSJUAMRMUDNPVUG
Fish: 11.19 inch Bluegill Male from Bonds Lake, NY; Code: WTCNTGRNUVMZZ3542EOCZYXSKZLRBKSAYFBIHEVWXUTDCDDSBDXDNHJQAFDGT
Fish: 12.89 inch Bluegill Male from Bonds Lake, NY; Code: LMPFAZFIAGOQH0828ZRLXJZMBFKAXXVIJJYOPNVFCCBLZQKHZKQASURAWIHHW
Fish: 17.20 inch Yellow Perch from Bonds Lake, NY; Code: RCEPTLRKOFLLI5722BEFVPMDWROMZGGPWLHHVEQQIWGXRBXACMHJCIRGKJCQF
Fish: 12.77 inch Brown Bullhead from Bonds Lake, NY; Code: DABZVOHFGARTQ7977NYLCGKTVZHTYOZPKKZRJSOHYTUVFNPTMXETKSYNDSUYV
Fish: 12.89 inch Bluegill Male from Bonds Lake, NY; Code: PZPPAJKKLVXNO1702SBBRIQHFFAWOWCUOUQBMPOBVRRLWGQMCDVZEZCSQSHHW
Fish: 14.19 inch Jumping Black Crappie from Bonds Lake, NY; Code: SUEFHYMBSZYSP9644CDLRLSLXLGYLBMKLZVXYKHTLCCNFPNQRHIDSCKNTPPZO
Fish: 20.01 inch Brown Bullhead from Bonds Lake, NY; Code: NCDHDQRMVIESZ0629XOTQAIRQSKKBZFDAGWXYCLRXTONQGYZEIJHWCABUWAWP
Fish: 13.34 inch Jumping Black Crappie from Bonds Lake, NY; Code: VQNGZCUSRRWHG7592VKZVQBVTEEARJPFQVLDYOTHJPWRIHVEBULTPGUBAVHHW
Fish: 19.51 inch Brown Bullhead from Bonds Lake, NY; Code: FUXIGTFADITFZ1813VVSWYOSULNMVWOBZQAWPFYDOBNDCGUYELJVXUPFHXGEM
Fish: 8.00 inch Pumpkinseed Sunfish from Bonds Lake, NY; Code: XOKVNWSMZCIMZ3877YHPFCYUFSYFRYTCTRSZQUMCHDNEPYKKDKQKDYBMWRWHJ
Fish: 23.69 inch Jumping Largemouth Bass from Bonds Lake, NY; Code: DMOEDWHLORAEP9824AUNMMRDHFJNRDLKDQDDVAKIXKRQHRLODVDFPYJOERRWR
Fish: 14.49 inch Yellow Perch from Bonds Lake, NY; Code: TKNXHHLZDGOZL9733WMSNCJSRFSLVRIOSMDAPJWMZNKSLQGKLCNZBEPXMWTDC
rwwalleye

Re: Bonds Lake - Lewiston, NY available for DL

Postby wyldechylde77 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:57 am

Great catch there, Roger! Glad you enjoyed, and I hope you continue to enjoy it as well. What I've noticed so far, and this includes myself, is that the White Perch and Yellow Bass are proving elusive! This is a good thing as they are a little surprise catch on the lake! I already have my idea for my next outing, but am gonna hold off and enjoy this one, plus I wanna catch up on Martin's outings and some of the older ones that I have to get a list for you guys to hook me up with. My next outing will be something a little different, but then after that I have a very large project in mind. Stay tuned, and again I am glad you liked the Bonds Lake outing!
wyldechylde77

Return to Real World Fly Fishing