Opening day on the Deschutes River!

RWFF game announcements and discussion (off-topic posts will be deleted)

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest, Pitti

Opening day on the Deschutes River!

Postby paul » Fri Oct 05, 2007 12:22 pm

The Deschuts River is now open! Anyone who has the full version of Real World Fly Fishing can download it with this link:

http://www.pishtech.com/rwffa108_Deschutes.zip

Unzip it in the folder where you have the game installed and you should be ready for some steelhead fishing. If you haven't already, you'll also want to get those steelhead flies that Cutch tied that are known producers on the Deschutes. Here's the link to his flies in case you missed it:

http://www.manetta.us/cutch/Deschutes%20%20Flies.zip

Good luck!

Paul
paul
Site Admin

Postby oppimax » Fri Oct 05, 2007 1:55 pm

Thanks Paul! :D

I'll go fishing there as soon as possible!

Hi Thefisher1.
did you enjoy the "first alone fishing week"? :wink:

Ciao
Massimo
oppimax

Postby Cutch » Fri Oct 05, 2007 3:50 pm

Thanks Paul. :wink:
Cutch

Thgis is a great addition

Postby Bobcat John » Fri Oct 05, 2007 5:22 pm

Thanks Paul
This is a great new site to fish. I'm looking forward to any others that are coming, interested in the upper and lower Sacramento, but any of the ones you have would be great.
I find that I can't pick just one site to fish I try a different one each time.
I also thank you and the other members of this forum for all the support.
I lost thre fish on the deschutes landed two will be coming back for more.

I like the fact that when you can't get to the fishing grounds you can while away a few hours fishing and dreaming.
I've spent the most important time of my life fishing. What was left over I wasted.

Bobcat John

Bobcat John

Postby Cutch » Fri Oct 05, 2007 5:26 pm

Wow, talk about a "walk down Memory Lane". Nice job on the Deschutes River, Paul. ;-)

Years ago when I fished the Deschutes River, (I'm disabled now and cannot fish many of the places I did when I was younger), my fishing buddies and I would drive to the end of the road at Mack Canyon. We'd pitch camp and walk down the river a couple miles to fish. I had an old ski pole hanging from my belt that I would use going through brushy areas to scare (rattle the bushes, make noise, sing loud off key,..LOL) the Buzzers (Rattlesnakes) so I wouldn't step on one while it was napping in the sun. :shock:

I found the Steelhead wouln't hit the skaters while they were skating (moving across the water faster then the line was moving), but if I pressed the left mouse a couple seconds, then paused a couple seconds, they would hit,....like a dry fly drifting. :wink:
I don't believe the Steelhead are programmed to hit skating flies,...is this a correct assumption, Paul?

These Steelhead hammered the Streamers I tied. :wink:
Cutch

Postby Fishin Musician » Fri Oct 05, 2007 5:38 pm

Great work Paul! :D I can't wait till I have time to spend on landing the fish I hook into :lol:
Fishin Musician

Postby Cutch » Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:33 pm

I found an excellent website for Deschutes Steelhead,...it covers all seasons.
I'm going to tie up a few more of these and will post them later. :wink:

Check out the link below:
http://www.flyfishusa.com/newsletter/072306/
Cutch

Postby dcarp » Mon Oct 08, 2007 7:33 pm

Paul,

Great job on the Dechutes and a big thank you to TheFisher1 for picking this site.

Now that the Big River Tour contest is wrapped up, I got a chance to download the Dechutes and go fishing. Broke off the first fish using a Mack's Canyon, but landed a nice 22 in. with a Signal Light (after changing out my leader to a 7lb.).

The steelies over hear should start getting more aggressive with the salmon spawn starting. Maybe I can hook a few and get some pics of the Pacific Summer Run Steelhead to you.

Tight Lines everyone!

Dave (Dcarp)
dcarp

Postby Double haul » Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:25 pm

I caught my first steelie last night on the deschutes. A nice bright 27 using a classic royal coachman #4. What a battle!
Live Green
Double haul

Postby Double haul » Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:26 pm

Double haul wrote:A nice bright 27 using a classic royal coachman #4. What a battle!

"27 inch"
Live Green
Double haul

Postby dcarp » Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:54 pm

Double Haul,

Great fishing!

Welcome to the forum. Have you visited the Clubhouse yet? Be sure to check that out. There's lot's to do and see around there.

Make sure you watch the forum for upcoming contests and please join us. We're just about to start the Fall 2007 Season. All points will be reset so this is a great time to join in. And don't be intimidated, a rookie won the last contest and ended up being the Season Master - Summer 2007!

The new instant message / chat feature that Pitti added here recently is a lot of fun. It brings this little community of folks spread out all over the world a whole lot closer.

Dave (Dcarp)
[/url]
dcarp

Postby Double haul » Tue Oct 09, 2007 6:14 pm

Thanks! I have spent a lot of time in the clubhouse and I find checking the new updates almost as fun as playing the game. Everyone is doing a great job here. I've had this game for a while but just really started playing it. I look forward to joining some of the contest.
Live Green
Double haul

Return to Real World Fly Fishing