I need a favor...

RWFF game announcements and discussion (off-topic posts will be deleted)

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest, Pitti

I need a favor...

Postby paul » Fri Sep 28, 2007 6:52 pm

Hey, folks. Care to help spread the word about Real World Fly Fishing? I've just updated the free demo version. It now inculdes the fly tying feature, but you need the full version to save and fish with your flies.

I'd really appreciate it if you could spread the word about the game on any appropriate forums you visit, and at any sites where you download free software. The link to the updated demo is http://www.webfishingguide.com/rwff_demo_installer.exe

I also want to thank all of you who have helped let people know about RWFF, and for making this forum such a fun and welcoming community! I'm really impressed with this great group of people sharing tips, friendly competition, creating and expanding the clubhouse, etc.

Tight lines,

Paul

PS - The Deschutes River add-on is finished. As part of Thefisher1's prize for winning one of the recent competitions, he gets to be the first to explore and fish the new river. It will available for everybody to download one week from today!
paul
Site Admin

Postby Boston Bob » Sat Sep 29, 2007 10:44 am

Paul: You know that I have been spreading the word about our game for quite a while now. I like the new home page very much. It's sharp, concise, informative and just looks great. We have a great community here and I'm proud to be a part of it.

Tight lines right back at you, can't wait til I fish the Deschutes River. Then I'll see first hand what these guys from Oregon are raving about.

Boston Bob
Boston Bob

Postby dcarp » Sat Sep 29, 2007 3:52 pm

Hello Everyone,

Just thought I'd warn you NOT to try to post any plug for the game at Washington Fly Fishing website. I asked nicely if comments about a commercial product was a violation of the rules and got the door slammed in my face.

I've been a member there for the past couple years and seen several "near-plugs" for products and services. Maybe we're better off not asking and just throwing it out there.

Makes a guy realize what a GREAT community of folks we have here. Not to worry though. We'll find other ways to promote this program we all love and share it other folks who would enjoy it.

Dave
dcarp

Postby Cutch » Sat Sep 29, 2007 5:51 pm

I visit several website message boards where they play PC hunting games,...mostly deer hunting. (Deer Hunting 2005, Deer Hunting 2004, Trophy Hunting 2003, Bird Hunting Wild Wings, etc)
I have posted links to RWFF videos, link to Demo, link to Pishtech homepage, and answering questions about the game.
Several folks have been interested and tried the Demo, but I don't know if they've bought the full version :?: :wink:
Cutch

Did sell one last month.

Postby nccorthu » Mon Oct 01, 2007 2:55 am

I've gotten hooked on this game and have been trying to tout it but after years of not fishing I've lost track of the old fishing buddies.
This game sure is getting me interested and at least makes me remember rivers and creeks I've fished over the 40 years I was doing it constantly.
I will push it as best I can.
Gary Orthuber
Gary Orthuber
nccorthu

Return to Real World Fly Fishing