Installing

Help for technical issues

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest

Installing

Postby CanadianAngler » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:58 am

Hi everyone,

I have had this game for quite some time know and I have just found out about the forum. So I hope this question can be answered. I get a white screen with it saying can't load site defenition in site 01. Can someone help me with this.
CanadianAngler

Re: Installing

Postby wyldechylde77 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:01 am

Hi CanadianAngler and welcome,

That usually means that something is wrong in the outing. Lets troubleshoot. Did you download and install a custom outing?
wyldechylde77

Postby CanadianAngler » Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:16 am

Hi WyldeChylde,

Yes I installed it and placed i in the proper folder.
CanadianAngler

Postby wyldechylde77 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:08 am

Might be a problem with the actual outing. Which one did you download? I'll go and check it myself so I give you the correct info.
wyldechylde77

Postby rwwalleye » Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:25 am

Hi Canadian Angler,
It's a good possibility that you may have a fish file missing or food file missing. Alot of times you can find out if loading the game and let it completely gothru the verifying. Error message usually pops up after verifying. After thats done you can close out the game and go into the files and look for the error file. There you should be able to find out what is missing. If this doesn't work let us know, someone is always around to help. Roger (rwwalleye)
rwwalleye

Postby CanadianAngler » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:48 pm

Hi Roger,

I highlighted the items in my folder and I have 317 species 190 food items and 1179 sounds are those the max amount for each or is there more?
CanadianAngler

Postby rwwalleye » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:58 pm

Hi Canadian Angler,
Did you let the game verify all the way thru and check the errors file within the game. It seems that you have almost all the needed files. The only other thing I could think of is checking to see if you have any files within a file. If you know the fish in the outing that your fishing you can check those files 1st and see if any of those files have a file within them. Let me know what outing you were trying and I'll what I can find out what's going on and test on my computer. Try that and let us know.
Roger (rwwalleye)
rwwalleye

Postby CanadianAngler » Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:14 pm

Hi Roger,

I let the game verify the outing BD_Florida Bay and it says it cannot load spotted sea trout. So I think that may be the only problem in the outing and I haven't been getting the on any others except Florida Keys. Two Florida outings wow.
CanadianAngler

Postby Yellowstone7 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:56 am

Hi CanadianAngler:

Glad you found the RWFF Forum. A very warm welcome from all of us. Chuck and Badger have done some excellent trouble shooting for you. 99% of time the when an outing does not work is due to missing, or misplaced files. You should check all your folders (fish, food, sound) and make sure there are no unopened folders within those folders. If these folders are "nested" the RWFF software will not be able to see those items and it will return an error.

Here is download link to the Spotted Sea Trout. Just download it, unzip it and put the fish folder into your main RWFF fish folder. This should solve the problem with those Florida outings. Give this a try and let us know if it works.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/7346429/Spotte ... 0Trout.zip

Do come back if you encounter other issues with RWFF installation. We want everyone to enjoy this wonderful game. :lol:

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Return to Tech Support