Great Valley, NY uploaded! (Chuck's VERY FIRST outing!)

Creating and sharing new content for Real World Fly Fishing

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest

Great Valley, NY uploaded! (Chuck's VERY FIRST outing!)

Postby wyldechylde77 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:50 pm

Hey everyone,

Well, after a little bit of studying Stanley's vids, a few mistakes here and there, I finally have my first outing ready for you guys. It is my family's land in Great Valley, NY.
A little backstory about this outing. This small area ha sbeen a part of my family for almost 40 years. The creek featured in the outing is a very small section of Great Valley Creek here in WNY. This small stretch has years of history behind it, from the first time I picked up a rod to my very first trout, to building dams, to flooding,.....its just been a real joy. And, of course, a brook trout haven. While most of the trout in this creek are small, over the years some big ones have been taken (by brook trout standards). Mostly by myself, my cousin Jimmy and my Uncle Dan. OF course, some years are better than others. There used to be a lot of rainbows and some browns in the mix as well, but over the years thier populations have dwindled to occasional. I have tried to reflect this in the outing.
The best time to fish in this creek is September, because the trout are very active and it is also the best time to catch a rainbow or brown trout as well. To better reflect this, I set this outing for September so expect a lot of fish moving about. As I noted above, there are no monsters, never have been seeing as it's a very small creek, but you can catch the occasional large brook trout. Hell, IRL my cousin Jimmy actually caught a huge 24", 5 1/2 lb. brookie from one of the deep holes! Needless to say, we were shocked!! LOL!! Ultra-Light tackle is the way to go here to give it a good challenge. I was mostly aiming at a fun outing for all of you, and I think I've accomplished that. At least I hope so.
There are only four sites, but each has a different makeup due to the currents and hidden holes. To catch the biggest fish, careful casting is necessary. It's very easy to spook these guys. When we fish this creek for real, if I catch a fish, I have to leave for at least an hour so the fish calm down and bite again. Thats just to give you an idea of how spooky the fish can be. Of course, I didn't make it THAT hard here LOL.
But anyway, I do hope you guys enjoy this outing. Feedback is appreciated. I do know about the water looking a little rough in Sites 3 and 4. I did the best I could but NIS wasn't cooperating. The only time it wasn't really laggy on those two was when I increased the spped and frequency a lot, but that made the water look terrible. Anyway, be gentle! Have fun and remember....Light tackle and careful casting!!!!!
A few preview pics:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/4500652/Great% ... C%20NY.zip
wyldechylde77

Re: Great Valley, NY uploaded! (Chuck's VERY FIRST outing!)

Postby badger040 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:57 pm

hi Chuck
CONGRATS
just had a look at your outing
very nice
will give it a workout i a while
regards
Badger040
badger040

Postby badger040 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:18 pm

hi all
Fish: 8.57 inch BrownTrout from Great Valley, NY; Code: SWJBDGIMULUAW3865QKCYYMMDYCEZHBHBHPJQFRUSIMJDNQZBFGRZJEIHUNYQ
Fish: 15.53 inch Jumping Red Rainbow from Great Valley, NY; Code: XOEVNZLLZJKNZ3877JEZKKNJHYCCXEUYTRXDGXMDHDNEPYKKDKQKRDCMYOZLH
Fish: 13.58 inch BrookTrout from Great Valley, NY; Code: ASLZVYUYRFPPN3985DMQXUCTJRHAAJFMWKPCFQJUHDYAKYYIDGQLRTTWCMNYQ
Fish: 6.57 inch Jumping Brookie from Great Valley, NY; Code: HXIPWGDIYWOBG6556AYACNJBJFMXZPGRZSTEGNUMJMXUPBPCWOKYEGBLGUZGB
Challenge: Great Valley, NY; Score: 987; Code: CGLMUFDVSEMZSHAIWSKGOBDNFDBELMTEWQZUMNPGVOKOEISSXXTXLHRCYGGSP
regards
Badger040
badger040

Postby badger040 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:29 pm

hi all
apologies
this is in the wrong place
should have checked where i was posting
regards
Badger040
badger040

Postby Scottish Warrior » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:16 pm

Hi Chuck,
Sorry I have not been to active on the Forum of late,I am on holiday in the Philippines at the moment,
and the Internet Connection varies from 4kb to 12kb per second ,if you are lucky.
A Belated Welcome to our Club and I can see from the posts that you are going to be a great asset to us all.
I have managed to download your Outing,and from the posts I can see you have done a very good job,and I hope
we can all see a lot more Outings from you in the future.
Keep up the good work and Welcome to the little band of Outing Creators,
Regards Martin aka Scottish Warrior.
I am so glad to be part of this
Scottish Warrior

Postby Cutch » Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:19 pm

Congrat's Chuck,
Besides RWFF being the best fishing game ever, One of my favorite things was creating Outings.
My wife and I spent most of 2 days taking pictures of our 2 favorite Steelhead streams,...The McKenzie
and Umpqua Rivers.
I'll d/l your Outing and give it a try. (We expect to see more Outings in the future.)

Cutch

Return to RWFF Development