Troubles with outings.

Creating and sharing new content for Real World Fly Fishing

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest

Troubles with outings.

Postby FlyManJoe » Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:39 pm

Hi all, I'm currently having some troubles with some custom outings, I go to play some outings but a white screen saying "can't open def file for outing Lake Superior". lake Superior is not the outing with this though (it was just an example) the majority of them do this. PS can anyone please leave me the outing download link for Hat Creek.
FlyManJoe

Re: Troubles with outings.

Postby Yellowstone7 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:07 pm

Hi FlyManJoe:

Yellowstone7 here. A warm welcome to our Forum. I am sorry you are having trouble running Custom Outings. To run the latest custom outings you'll need to download ALL the latest fish, food and sound files from the Stickies on the RWFF Forum.You custom outings will not work if some files are missing. Please also read Paul's Sticky on how to install outings for beginners and that will answer a lot of your questions.

I have also written many thread on how to properly install files for custom outings. You can do a search on the Forum and you will find most of the threads in the Technical Support Forum. The Hat Creek has not been officially released on the Forum yet. Maybe once you get your RWFF install sorted out and working, I can send you a copy of that. Are you from the Hat Creek area? :P

If you have just installed the RWFF from a download, or a disk. You will need to update your install to V.128 before the custom outings will work. You can find the update either in the Club House, or on the Pishtech website. Make sure you have all the fish, sound and food files install now.

I have been uploading my outings as complete downloads with all the needed fish and food files. Sound files I use are standard ones and available in the Club House. Once you get your install working and updated you can try one of my complete outings and they should run without a hitch. I hope this helps.

By the way, we will appreciate it very much if you were to put the questions in the Technical Support Forum. The Development Forum is for new outing downloads. Thanks for your cooperation on this. :lol:

Good luck and have fun. Come back if you should run into any problems and we will be glad to help.

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Postby FlyManJoe » Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:28 pm

Hey, Tganks for your help i'm finding your outings work fine and i have all food, fish, and sounds. Yes I'm from around Hat Creek. Sorry for putting this in the forum
and thank you for your time
FlyManJoe

Postby Yellowstone7 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:42 pm

Hi FlyManJoe:

No trouble at all! Glad you got everything working like it should now. I used to drive up to Hat Creek from Fresno. I love that area and fishing was great for California. The Hat Creek outing is about 3/4 finished right now. I got distracted in the middle of it some time ago and haven't put the finishing touches on it yet. Please be patient and I will make sure you get a copy when it is published. Did you see the Hat Creek video on YouTube?

We have a nice little community at RWFF and we will be running some fishing tournaments starting next year. Please join us for some of those. You can sign up at the VFFL Roster for free.

Hope to see you around the Forums. :P

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Postby FlyManJoe » Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:36 pm

Yes I have seen your videos and I love them. I will sing up for VFFL. :)
FlyManJoe

Postby wyldechylde77 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:27 am

Stanley..I just watched your vid of Hat Creek, CA. I salivated LOL. I'll agree with FlyManJoe here and put the pressure on ya to release it!! Looks fantastic!
wyldechylde77

Return to RWFF Development