Outings don't load...

Creating and sharing new content for Real World Fly Fishing

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest

Outings don't load...

Postby zarathoustra » Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:41 am

Hi,

I downloaded some newest outings like Iguazu Falls, Galapagos Island or Falkland Islands and these don't work with my french version of rwff (bought 2 months ago).
Does someone guess a reason for it ?
Thanks a lot for your answers.
Best regards,
Zarathoustra
zarathoustra

Re: Outings don't load...

Postby Yellowstone7 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:12 pm

Hi Zarathoustra:

Yellowstone7 here. A big welcome to our Forum. I am sorry you are having problems installing custom outings. I am not sure but I think the French version is the same as the English version and the files should work ok. To use custom outings you will need to first upgrade to at least V.128, and have ALL the new Food, Fish and Sound files installed into your system. 99% of the time when an outing would not load, or come up with errors, is due to some kind of missing files.

To test whether your French system would work with the English donwloads you can download one of my "complete outing" which has all the required fish files. Something like the C L Silver Creek, Idaho would be good. After you download, open the zip file and put the outing file into your RWFF outing file folder, the fish files into your main fish folder. The sound files I used are the standard ones that you would download from the RWFF Club House.

I hope you will get the problems sorted soon and will be able to join us for some Christmas tournament fun.

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Postby zarathoustra » Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:28 pm

Hi Stanley.

Ok, I will try it your way but how can I be sure to have all files needed ?
I downloaded the last files of fishes, food and sounds but some outings still don't load.
I will take time to check all my files and hope it will run well.
Thank you for your answer.
Best regards,
François
zarathoustra

Postby Scottish Warrior » Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:30 pm

Hi Francois,
Welcome to our little Club.
As stated by Stanley I can only verify that the Causes are Missing Files in your Main RWFF Folder.
It is tedious but has to be done to get the most out of this great game.
Geraldro built the French version,and may be able to help further.
Sorry I can help no more,but I hope you stay with it and manage to get your copy working as it should.
Any more problems,there is always someone available to try to help.
Welcome once again,
Regards Martin.
I am so glad to be part of this
Scottish Warrior

Postby Yellowstone7 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:42 am

Hi Francois:

You can upload your "content_errors.txt" found in your main RWFF Folder and we will be able to trouble shoot your missing files. This is a file checking feature built into V.128. There is a file verification when you first start the RWFF software. Please allow it to run to the end and any errors, or missing files in your install will show up. The errors would then show up in your "content_errors.txt" file.

It is very hard to get all the needed files downloaded as our Club House has not been updated for quite a long time. Like Martin said, it will be worthwhile for you to do that as then you will be able to fish all the available custom outings available. I would first download all the files available in the Club House, including all the fish, sound, food files. Then go to the Stickies in the Development Forum and download all of those new ones. After you do that you will be 99% done. There are other new files no yet included in the Stickies. I hope to update those in the near future.

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Postby zarathoustra » Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:03 am

Hi dear rwff friends,

Thanks to you for your advices. I managed to resolve most problems. Some remain especially for the newest outings.
I will check the posts at the forum for eventual missing files.
I hope I can succeed within the coming days. I will keep you informed.
Best regards to all of you,
François
zarathoustra

Postby rwwalleye » Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:04 pm

Hi Francois,
If your still having problems, don't hesitate to ask. I've been with RWFF over 2 years and I still have problems. We'd like for you to be able to get all you can out of the game , so do not hesitate to ask for help. Roger (rwwalleye)
rwwalleye

Postby Morley » Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:45 am

I'm having the same problem. Most of the outings I've downloaded and installed will not load. I've tried all the fixes in this thread, but to no avail. None of the species except Atlantic Salmon show up either.
Morley

Postby Yellowstone7 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:39 am

Hi Morley:

Sorry to hear you are having problems too. Installing custom outing can be a little tricky and frustrating for a new comer. It is hard to guess what is missing in your install. Can you please post your "content_error.txt" so we can have a look at it? I hate to sound like broken record but 99% of the time when an outing does not work is due to either missing files, nested or misplaced downloaded folders. Let's fix that and you will be on your way to some very exciting fishing. :P

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Postby Morley » Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:17 am

I've figured it out. All my outings work with the exception of 2 that crashed the program...just deleted those and it was fine. Thanks everyone.
Morley

Return to RWFF Development