ERROR REINSTALL THE SIMULATOR?

Help for technical issues

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest

ERROR REINSTALL THE SIMULATOR?

Postby jefffister » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:21 pm

Hello To all, The game is so awesome i love it great job to everyone that work on it ---- how do i solve the issue i am having some outings work fine some dont i have all sound /fish/food files entered in the correct place yet keep getting this error on certain outings. help please guide me to fly fishing bliss.

thank you jeff fister
jefffister

Re: ERROR REINSTALL THE SIMULATOR?

Postby Yellowstone7 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:09 am

Hi Jefffister:

A big welcome to our Forum! Glad you liked the RWFF game. We think it is awesome too! Maybe we can help you trouble shoot your custom outing installation problems here. I would safely say that 99% of the time the outing does not work is due to some missing, or misplaced files. There are so many of them it is hard to download them all, especially with the Club House not having been updated for almost a year now.

It would help a lot if you would post the "content_errors.txt" found in your main RWFF program for us to check out. Which outing in particular are you having trouble with, which OS you are using, etc. There have been many thread written on the Forum re: custom outing installations and some of those might help you trouble shoot your install as well. You can do a search on the Forum and something will show up.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon! :P

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Postby jefffister » Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:47 pm

Thanks Stan , I do have all the fish for sure but i dont have all the food site list 137 food items i can only find 125 i really want to fish the tanana alska also the bd fla. thanks agin stan.

best regards jeff
jefffister

Postby Yellowstone7 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:27 pm

Hi Jeff:

After talking to you I have decided to upload my current Food items for everyone who need it. This will include all the old food items and many new ones that I have not yet published. You will need those to fish the new Congo River outing which I will publish during the first week of December. Why not join our Christmas tournament for some fishing fun and great prizes?

Good luck and have fun!

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Postby jefffister » Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:11 pm

Thanks Stan,

one more question how do i find all the food items? and i will join the tourneys

have a great one jeff
ps looking forward to the congo
jefffister

Postby jefffister » Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:49 pm

Well I have tried to fix this issue but alas some outings work some will not keep getting the error reinstall the simulator i have search and downloaded over 186 food items countless fish and sound but still cant get the outings to work i so want to enjoy all of your creations . thanks stan for your help do you have any other solutions? jefffister
jefffister

Postby Yellowstone7 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:33 am

Hi Jeff:

Sorry you are still having problems. The "reinstall simulator" warning is scary and ominous but 99% of the time not necessary. The error comes up when the RWFF software cannot find a needed file for the outing that you are trying to fish.

You will find most of the needed files, fish, food, sound etc in the RWFF Club House. You can go there via this link:

https://sites.google.com/site/rwffclubhouse/

However, there have been new files created by not yet included in the Club House downloads. The new files can be found under the Stickies in the Development forum. If you still have the basic RWFF install you will need to update it to V.128 or later.

When you first start the RWFF software there will be a File Verification feature which runs automatically under V.128. If you allowed that to run fully then it will return any errors that it finds within the RWFF install. If any error are found, e.g. missing files, nested folders, etc, it will create a log called the "content_errors.txt" and you can find this text file in your Main RWFF folder. This is the file that I asked you to find and post on the Forum. It will tell you which outing, and what files are missing for it to work.

A note about "nested" folders. A nested folder is an unopened folder within a folder. That happens when you download a folder and just dragged the whole thing into your main folder without first expanding it to show the items within the folder. Outing folders can be dragged (whole) into your outing folder as is. However, Food and Sound folders that you download you will need to first expand the folder so you can see the individual items, then you can either copy and paste, or drag these items into their respective RWFF folders. If you don't do that the RWFF software will not be able to see them and it will return an error. Sounds a little confusing but it is quite simple to do after you do this a few times. :P

This is what a content_errors.txt looks like:

content_errors.txt
Errors were found in outing, fish or food files:

Fish def validation code doesn't match for outing Congo Test.
Fish def validation code doesn't match for outing Congo Test.
Couldn't load outing definition for Congo Test.

This means I have a fish file issue within my Congo Test folder. This happens when I removed and reinstall the fish file without running the "outing compilation tool" and the software does not recognize the file. This is an outing maker issue but the error still showed up in the content_errors.txt file.

So please post your content_errors.txt here and we will be able to see what is missing in your RWFF install. :P

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Postby jefffister » Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:42 am

Hey Stan, 1st thank you for your help i mean it thanks for the time. ok i managed to slove some problems i was able to follow your thread(way to go) to get v128 this helped the only outing with errors is the one i really want sebastian inlet . anyway i have a new issue all my flies are not avail. no streamers or scuds or stone flie nymphs . all the flies are in the flie folder what do you think. thank you again for all you help and time.

jeff
jefffister

Postby Yellowstone7 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:52 am

Hi Jeff:

No problem at all. Always glad to help a fellow RWFF flyfisher. :P For the flies to show up, start the RWFF software and click options. On the bottom you can specify the flies that you want to show up, e.g. You can select All, Orignal Flies and Custom. Try those settings and see if the flies would show up for you. If you have donwloaded any "Custom" flies you will need to click on Custom or they won't show even if they are already in your Fly Folder.

The Sebastian Inlet outing download should have included all the new fish, food items. If you put all the files in the right places, e.g. fish to fish folder, food to food folder, etc it should work. Can you find and post your "content_errors.txt" for me? This is what it looks like in your RWFF main folder:

Just open the text file, highlight the content and copy and paste into your next post. This will take the guess work out of trouble shooting.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Postby jefffister » Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:13 am

Hello Stan, Once again let me say thank you for your time still cant get the flies do i need to create flyboxes?
jefffister

Postby Yellowstone7 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:43 am

Hi Jeff:

You maybe right about the flyboxes. It has been a few years since I created them. You can try to create a couple of Custom flyboxes and see if the flies will show up for you. :P Do you know how to create and post a screen shot? A picture is worth a thousand words. This is what my flyboxes looks like.

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Postby jefffister » Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:39 pm

Hey Stan ,
euricca! got it all running sweet thanks a bunch ---- what a great game looking forward to playing all your creations so awesome . THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR TIME ONCE AGAIN. Best regards: jeff fister
jefffister

Postby Yellowstone7 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:16 am

Hey Jeff:

Great news! Glad you got everything working now. :lol: Get a little practice and join us for the Christmas tournament. It should be a lot of fun! I just uploaded the Congo River, Africa outing and you will enjoy fishing this one, tournament or not. Just follow the install instructions and you will be all set!

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Return to Tech Support