NEW RIVER

RWFF game announcements and discussion (off-topic posts will be deleted)

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest, Pitti

NEW RIVER

Postby thefisher1 » Mon Sep 10, 2007 4:02 pm

Hey Guys,

To make everyone happy I'd like to get other peoples input about the new rivers an see what everyone else might think of which river should be next for us to fish.

Then i'll make up my mind.

Thefisher1
thefisher1

My thoughts on the new river

Postby Bobcat John » Mon Sep 10, 2007 5:19 pm

Even though I life in California and would love to see the scarmento river in the game . I thinkl that I would choose the deschutes river I have fished the deschutes a few years ago and itg was a great place to fish.
I've spent the most important time of my life fishing. What was left over I wasted.

Bobcat John

Bobcat John

Postby taupo_tiger » Mon Sep 10, 2007 5:43 pm

hey guy,

big congrats for your vic

let´s make it short - you won - you decide - we´ll enjoy all waters

all the best,
taupo
:)
taupo_tiger

Postby Cutch » Mon Sep 10, 2007 5:49 pm

thefisher1, you won, it's your choice,....go for it :!: :wink:
Cutch

Postby dcarp » Mon Sep 10, 2007 5:49 pm

Thefisher1,

I agree with Taupo - you won, you pick. Any new river will make us happy! (But if you pick the Dechutes, it will make some of us more happy :wink: ) Just kidding. Very nice of you to ask though.

If you had unlimited resources and time, where would you pick to go in real life? Pick that one.

Dave
dcarp

Postby nccorthu » Tue Sep 11, 2007 9:23 pm

I go for the Deshutesn also over the Sacramento having fished both the Deshutes certainly is more fun
Gary Orthuber
nccorthu

To Fisher1

Postby Boston Bob » Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:53 pm

Fisher1: Congrats on your win.... You pick the next river. We'll all enjoy it to the utmost. I know it's hard there are so many to choose from.

Go for it, we'll all applaud your choice.

Boston Bob
Boston Bob

Postby BrownSeason » Wed Sep 12, 2007 3:08 am

We have the New River here in W.V. but it's rather old! I need to get out there and fish...The sound of river water is like pedal steel guitar to my ears!
BrownSeason

Postby Cutch » Wed Sep 12, 2007 6:51 am

BrownSeason,

to the RWFF mb. :wink:
Cutch

Postby taupo_tiger » Sat Sep 15, 2007 10:29 am

hello to all,

@fisher1:

i would like to hear about your final choice
:)
taupo_tiger

Postby paul » Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:56 pm

The new water will be.... (drum roll, please...) The Deschutes River! I'll start work on that river right away. Thefisher1 sent me his selection days ago but I had missed the message at the time. I'll set up the river so it's loaded with steelhead, and I'll mix in a few smaller trout to keep it interesting.

Tight lines,

Paul
paul
Site Admin

Postby Cutch » Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:43 am

I fished the Deschutes River many times in my younger days, I caught Summmer Steelhead Rainboe Trout and German Browns. It's a beautiful River with very nice scenery along it's bank until it dumps into the Columbia River. I don't think the folks will be disappointed,...thanks Paul! :wink:
Cutch

Postby dcarp » Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:45 pm

Wahoo! - Oregon will be in the game! Great choice.

Dcarp
dcarp

Canadian Rivers?

Postby Striker » Fri Oct 19, 2007 1:12 am

Hi there!

I'm new to this board, having just recently downloaded the full version of the game. I LOVE it! Much to the chagrin of my fiance :) She thought going fishing was bad enough, now that I can do it on the computer she's REALLY happy, haha.

Anyway I wanted to ask if it was possible to consider adding a Canadian river in the future. I'm not sure if anyone on here has been up this way to fish it but the Grand River is one of best...if not THE best tailwater fishery in Canada! Loaded with Browns, Rainbows, Steelhead and Brookies. It has some amazing sites and would make a fantastic addition to your game. It's a bit late at the moment but come spring I would be happy to take some pics if needed. I'm a professional artist as well as an amatuer photographer so whatever you need in the way of video or photography I can get done for you.

I just thought with all the folks up this way who play the game it would be nice for them to fish this great river from the comfort of their own office and beam with pride to see a little bit of our great fishery in a game such as yours.

Thanks guys!

Cheers!
Striker

Postby dcarp » Fri Oct 19, 2007 1:46 am

Hello Striker,

Welcome to the RWFF forum. Have you checked out the Clubhouse? There's lots of information in there. To get in, click on the front door and enter. Anytime your mouse pointer turns to a hand, click on it.

On the right side of the room is the "Match Calendar". There's still time to join this week's contest, it's the first one of the Fall Season. Check out the rules and send me a score. It's really simple.

Tight Lines,

Dcarp (Dave)[/url]
dcarp

Next

Return to Real World Fly Fishing