restart

Help for technical issues

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest

restart

Postby badger040 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:39 pm

hi all
now that i have finally got myself a new laptop i want to resume my game.how do i do it.i have my activation code but cannot see how to get going.
desperate.
i have nearly 12 months of catchup awaiting me.
badger040 barry
badger040

Re: restart

Postby reelfish074 » Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:21 am

Which game?
reelfish074

Postby badger040 » Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:19 am

RWFF
badger040

Postby badger040 » Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:24 pm

hi all
sorted.as i had to register my game on my new laptop i have lost all my records will i be able to recover these or have i got to start all over again
regards
badger040 barry
badger040

Postby badger040 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:10 pm

hi all
with some invaluable help from yellowstone i am now up and running
the only issue that seems to prove difficult to solve is that when i am fishing i get flashing around the edge of the screen.
despite adjusting the gadget bar it still persists,
anyone found a solution to this.
barry
badger040

Postby Yellowstone7 » Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:07 am

Hi Badger:

After reading your post I recall a flashing problem in the early versions of RWFF. This problem was subsequently fixed by V.128. Please check to see if you are running V.128 or later version of RWFF on your computer. You can tell by looking at the lower right hand corner of your RWFF start screens.

If you are not then you should download the V.128 update either at he Pishtech website, or at the Club House. After you've downloaded the new files you should unzip the file into the main RWFF folder. After the files are placed there, then you go into the main RWFF folder and find the "rwff_update.exe" file and click on that. If it works it will tell you that you have updated to the V.128 version.

Hope this helps! :P

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Postby reelfish074 » Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:03 pm

If you are using vista or maybe 7, right click on the thing at the far right of the desktop and click "close gadgets"
reelfish074

Postby badger040 » Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:07 pm

hi all
thanks for your replies
after spending a few hours trying to get rwff going and not getting anywhere i decided to try something different
i posted my questions in the forum,went onto chat but no one else entered the chat room whilst i was there,and finally, sent an email to Paul/support.all this was to no avail
either i didnt ask the right question or explain my problems clearly enough.
as a last resort i sent Yellowstone a pm and he was kind and patient enough to try to get me up and running
after many emails he suggested that it might be easier if we contacted each other via hotmail
another thing along with windows 7 that is new to me.however we made contact and again after many screen shots he could see the errors of my ways,
Stanley virtually walked me through the installation of rwff on windows7(we ended up doing a total reinstallation)to this i am indebted,and last night(around 5 am hong kong time) i was up and running
i know the forum is suffering somewhat with the lack of posts and i am not sure why,i cant believe no one has anything to say,
still
the reason i am posting this is to let members new and old know that there is always someone willing to help.i cannot praise Stanley high enough for his help in getting me going.i was at my wits end. so finally(i could go on)remember,dont be afraid to ask,
MANY THANKS YELLOWSTONE aka Stanley
badger040

Postby Scottish Warrior » Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:50 pm

Hi Barry,
Glad to see you back on form and fishing again,
Well done to both you and Stanley for sticking with the problem until an outcome was found.
It is good to see someone still cares.
Regards Martin.
I am so glad to be part of this
Scottish Warrior

Postby Yellowstone7 » Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:22 pm

Hi Everyone:

Barry, thanks for the kind words and the big thanks. Every once in a while someone will come along and share our passion for the RWFF game. I consider my time helping this someone extremely worthwhile. At the end of the day it was Windows Live Messenger that saved the day as we were able to upload snap shots and bitmaps and this made trouble shooting much easier. I wanted Barry to have a clean and trouble free install as this will save a lot of time later. I am glad we've achieved this. :P

Installing the custom outings can be tricky the first time around so if you get stuck and need help just make a post and someone will be glad to help you right away.

I hope Barry will enjoy his fishing (after a long absence) and will post many photos and comments on our RWFF Forum in the future.

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Postby badger040 » Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:24 pm

hi all
just a short reply
hi Martin good to hear from you
will miss your posts now that you have taken EARLY RETIREMENT lol
Stanley knows how i feel,and his note about help.
it was reasurring to me to know that there is always someone interested enough to help out
GONE FISHING
Badger040 Barry
badger040

Postby Scottish Warrior » Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:58 pm

Hi Barry,
No Problems,I am still building Outings which I share with a few members,but after all the latest responses on the forum I thought better of posting,if they cannot respond then why should I bother to post.
I will send you the outings if you want them using Yousendit,that way it comes direct to your personal e-mail address,
when you have caught up with everything and if you would like the outings just send me an e-mail on scottishwarrior1@btinternet.com and I will be only too happy to oblige.
You can ask Stanley or Boston Bob about the outings I have not posted if you wish,as he and Boston Bob,have all of them.
Stanley can give me your e-mail address if you so wish.just let him know.
Highest Regards Martin.
I am so glad to be part of this
Scottish Warrior

Postby badger040 » Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:17 pm

hi Martin
thanks
you can be sure i will be contacting you as soon as i have made a dent in the mammoth task of catching up
regards
Badger040 Barry
badger040

Return to Tech Support