Update to current beta

RWFF game announcements and discussion (off-topic posts will be deleted)

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest, Pitti

Update to current beta

Postby paul » Thu May 19, 2011 2:16 am

If you're using the beta version (build 131) please download and unzip this file into your game folder: http://www.pishtech.com/strength_fix.zip

I'm pretty confident this will fix the problem with the strength of the original fish.

Paul
paul
Site Admin

Re: Update to current beta

Postby Yellowstone7 » Thu May 19, 2011 8:32 am

Hi Paul and Everyone:

Thanks for the fish strength and stamina update. I just downloaded and tested the new file and all seemed to work just fine. I caught this Jumping Barracuda in about 15 minutes using 12 W rod and 0 X leader. This was about the time that it took in V.128. I will try a to catch a bigger Tarpon later and see if everything had returned to "normal"?

Will be interesting to hear from the other outing makers on this new mod. :P

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Postby Scottish Warrior » Thu May 19, 2011 10:10 am

Hi Paul and Stanley,
Just fished 2 new outings,one from the Cacapon River West Virginia with a caught fish Jumping Muskie of 53.02" Normal Time Span and The Clark Hill Lake South Carolina with a Jumping Striped Bass 0f 48.07 caught in Normal time span.
Version 132B SEEMS TO WORK FINE,BOTH OF THESE OUTINGS HAVE THE SPECS OF 6 Frame Rate and Animation Speed both being used and I did not have any problems in landing other fish,a Red Rainbow 35.07" from Clark and an American Eel 36.05" from Cacapon did not give any trouble and were landed in about Normal time.
I think you have it Cracked.
Thank you for the quick response to our request and I am sure this update will be a real winner with a lot of members.
Highest Regards Martin.
I am so glad to be part of this
Scottish Warrior

Postby Yellowstone7 » Thu May 19, 2011 5:56 pm

Hi Paul and Everyone:

The latest update to V.131 restoring the original fish strength and stamina worked just fine. I caught this nice Tarpon using 12W rod and 0X leader and was able to land it within 20-25 minutes. I did have to adjust the depth map to prevent the larger fish going off to the right side of the scene and just hang there. :P

Paul, thanks for the quick fix. Now the outing makers can finish their work and get them on the Forum for all to enjoy.

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Postby rwwalleye » Fri May 20, 2011 5:10 am

Hi Stanley and Martin,
Havent been on forum for awhile but been keeping up to date on everything. The 2 of you have been doing testing with the new version on the 6 frame rate and tried a few outings with it but when you fished it I was just wondering why you havent tried the new rod wts and the 30 lb. and 50 lb. leader. I sent Paul the results of about 16 hrs of testing using new rods and leaders and found problems with them. He returned my reply and said this newer update add-on should take care of the problems. I fished a few different outings with 16 wt. rod and 50 lb. leader and couldn't get a hit or take. I did this last night for about 2 hrs. If it isn't a problem could both of you try fishing with the new rods and leaders at experienced and expert level and see what kind of results you come up with. I will continue with my testing from this end and hopefully by the beginning of next week i might come up with some more positive results. I will send both of you an email on your outings that i will be using with the larger fish in them and hopefully you could send me the best flies to use for each outing so that hopefully I will end up at least with some positive results. I greatly appreciate the help. Will talk to both of you soon. Rwwalleye
rwwalleye

Postby Yellowstone7 » Fri May 20, 2011 4:20 pm

Hi Roger and Everyone:

Good to see back posting and fishing as well. We miss you on the Forum.

This is my findings on the new rod and leader sizes. I put 7 Tarpons and a few Bonefish into my Test Outing. I set the level to Experience Mode. Selected a 10 ft rod, 16 wt line and a 50 pound leader and went fishing. I was able to hook a fish on almost every cast (had to shake off the smaller Bonefish) but landing them was a different story. I set the jump rate pretty high on the Tarpon and they tend to shake the hook off after a bit of tugging and fighting. I was finally able to land a nice size Tarpon after losing maybe four or five fish.

In my experience if the tests worked in the Test Outing then they should work in a full release outing too. I am not sure why you are not able to get any fish to take your fly with the bigger tackle. Did you use the biggest fly possible as some flies are "leader is too thick for the tiny fly that you use", advised by Paul. :P

I also found that a big Tarpon is not a push over, or a chuck and reel in fish and still took a bit of time to play out and land. Below please see some pictures of the test scene, fly used and the caught fish.

I will try to catch one in a real outing sometime tomorrow or the next day. As I only put one or two big Tarpons into these scenes so it will take a while. :P

Hope this helps. Would be good to hear from other V.131 flyfishers and see if they have encountered the same problems.

Regards,

Stanley

Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Postby Yellowstone7 » Fri May 20, 2011 5:32 pm

Hi Everyone:

Here are more test results.

I tried fishing in expert mode with the same rod and line set up as before. Spent 1/2 an hour without getting a single strike. The fish seemed to take the dry floating flies in the scenes but totally ignored my streamer fly. So the fish are feeding, but not on my fly with the heaviest tippet. :oops:

I then went with 10ft rod, 16wt line and 30 pound tippet. I was catching a fish in about every three drifts. Maybe Paul is right in saying that the bigger the tippet, the less strikes you will get. It is certainly true in my test. Wonderful physics in the RWFF game. This is the fish that I caught In Expert Mode, using a 30 lb tippet.

Share your fishing experience with us so Paul can fine tune the V.131.

Regards,

Stanley

Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Return to Real World Fly Fishing