All Quiet on the Windows Front

Discusion of Pishtech's game VR Sportfishing

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest, Pitti

All Quiet on the Windows Front

Postby paleodust » Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:08 pm

Paul,

I think the new My Fishing Advisor app is cool. I haven't been able to take it out and test it yet but I will the first chance I get. 8)

Anyway, I guess that explains why it's been so quiet in here lately. But I was curious how things were progressing (if at all) on the simulators.
paleodust

Re: All Quiet on the Windows Front

Postby paul » Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:10 am

It's true that developing My Fishing Advisor took most of my time the last couple of months. But a side effect is this: updating the underlying Fishlogix engine involved creating more content for VRS. I've developed several new species of fish that are ready to plug into VR Sportfishing. I've completed channel catfish, flathead catfish, and brook trout. I've also added some more 3D models that will be helpful in building more VRS locations, including fish cribs and better stumps. I'm planning to build a few new locations with these, and in the next few weeks I plan to model carp, more catfish, white bass and striped bass. I'm planning to put out a new VRS update before long.

Tight lines,

Paul
paul
Site Admin

Postby Scottish Warrior » Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:40 am

Dear Paul,
"Wow" That sounds like more good news for RWFF,
WITH A FORUM THAT IS SLOWLY DYING
the news of yet an other NEW update for VRS
SHOULD JUST ABOUT BE THE LAST NAIL IN THE COFFIN.
I am sure all ther members who have struggled to help out in trying to boost RWFF
WILL BE VERY PLEASED WITH THIS OUTCOME,
JUST WHAT WE NEEDED.
Regards Martin.
I am so glad to be part of this
Scottish Warrior

Postby Yellowstone7 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:39 pm

Hi Paul and Everyone:

I am usually not a whiner but after I saw your recent post re: updates and new features for VRS I feel very insulted and betrayed.

Over the past two years many of us have spent a lot of our time trying to make the RWFF the best flyfishing simulator that money can buy. We devoted a lot of our efforts to make RWFF more interesting for everyone. I for one have made over 1500 posts on the RWFF forum, wrote many reviews and stories, created many outings, games and contest for the members to play. I also created many new fish species that I thought would enhance and add some interest to the game. During this time I made 58 YouTube videos (now with over 29000 views) to promote RWFF on the internet space. In every one of those videos I made a plug for the RWFF and invited the viewers to visit your Pishtech website and to download a trial demo. All of this is done for free, and to encourage more people to buy and use the RWFF software and to join the Forum.

We were promised some important updates for RWFF last July (2010) and so far we have received none. Those would be very simple and badly needed updates but apparently they are not worth your time to do. You publish 3 different fishing simulators and sell them at a good retail price and I think as a developer you are obligated to update all of them according to need and demand, and not just concentrate on one software and ignore the others despite repeated requests for RWFF updates. If you are going to discontinue the support for RWFF just be honest and let us know, and let us know now. Then we can choose to stay with the software or to go and look for something better.

Like Martin so aptly said, your last post might just be the last nail in the coffin for RWFF and a lot of your devoted RWFF followers and players.

With Dismay,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Postby gonefishin » Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:27 pm

I second that.
Might be time to make it open source and then watch the project flourish into something really amazing. It's not a bad effort for a single programmer so far but after all this time, there's been very little progress.
gonefishin

Postby Boston Bob » Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:58 pm

Paul: I have to agree with Stanley and Martin on this subject. Stanley told me that you promised an update last July for RWFF. Real World Fly Fishing is your original project and you should feel some loyalty to this. Both Martin and Stanley have enhanced your game far beyond your wildest dreams with outings and fish. If it were not for them trying to keep a very slow forum alive for the last year, it would have been dead a long time ago. Almost 4 months ago you asked for a wish list of what we would like added or updated in this simulator. Quite a few people answered but nothing has come forth so far.

Please Paul, address this issue with us. We would like to know one way or another what the fate of RWFF is going to be.

Best regards,
Boston Bob
Fishing isn't all I do, but it's what I like to do best !
Boston Bob

Postby reelfish074 » Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:44 pm

I think the update sounds great, I would love to catch a big flathead :D
reelfish074

Postby Mydnyte » Sat May 21, 2011 6:32 am

Hope this is still a go. Would love to see some new species of fish in VR.
Mydnyte

Postby paul » Mon May 23, 2011 11:44 am

Yep, still a go. Sorry it's taking a while, but the update with several new species is in the works.

Paul
paul
Site Admin

Return to VR Sportfishing