flickering

Help for technical issues

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest

flickering

Postby Jerry L » Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:29 pm

when I open RWFF I have a section of my monitor on the right side flickering on and off, comes up black screen for a split second then off then right back on. It causes the fishing location to run in a jerky motion. I'm running Win Vista Business 32 bit. Do I need to uninstall and reinstall this program?
Jerry L

Re: flickering

Postby Yellowstone7 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:25 pm

Hi Jerry:

Welcome to the Support Forum. The flickering is caused by your "gadgets" bar being on at the same time you run RWFF. This problem is common to Vista and Windows7. Try turning the gadgets display off and you will solve your problems. If not, please come back and someone smarter than I will help you with your issues. :P

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Postby Jerry L » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:03 am

Tried that still have the problem of flickering or jerky picture frame by frame. In the flickers you can see multible yellow fishing lines I'll continue to reserve my opinion about both VR sportfishing & RWFF for right I do hope there is tech support for both of these so called games.
Jerry L

Postby Yellowstone7 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:29 am

Hi Jerry:

Next thing to do would be to update the DirectX in your system and your graphics card software. Are you running the latest V.128 version of RWFF? This version has many bug fixes and useful updates and is very stable. You can search the forum on how to update to the latest V.128 version. There have been many posts on this subject before. Hope this helps.

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Postby Jerry L » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:46 am

Been there done that running ver. 128 B: 90716 still have same problem Video card is Nvidia Gforce 9500 GT
Jerry L

Postby Yellowstone7 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:40 am

Hi Jerry:

Your specs look good and you are up to date with the new version. If you updated your Nvidia driver and still have problems please contact Paul, the owner and designer of this program, via PM or send an email and you will get help right away. Paul's email address:

paul@pishtech.com

This game is great fun and I hope you'll get going fishing soon! :P

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Postby Jerry L » Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:34 am

Thanks for the help got this game straightened out and running ok so far. Now I have a problem with VR Sportfishing so have to go ovder to that forum and see what i can find out.
Jerry L

Return to Tech Support