Is a patch needed?

Discusion of Pishtech's game VR Sportfishing

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest, Pitti

Is a patch needed?

Postby Fisherman » Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:20 am

Two things have come to my attention:

1. The mini-map does not show the lake anymore. It is all green.

2. You still can't fish from the good Bassboat... Anyone else have this problem? Paul, any solution?
Fisherman

Re: Is a patch needed?

Postby paul » Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:44 am

Interesting - I haven't had either of these problems. Anybody else seeing this?

What happens when you try to fish from the bass boat? Have you tried creating a new user (Rich Wealthy) and then trying the boat?

Paul
paul
Site Admin

Postby ddemai » Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:59 am

Yes i have the same problem with my mini map, mine has never worked and i have had the game for a long time.. the bass boat is a new problem since the last update ..All the other major issues i have have had in the past have improved with each update..
ddemai

Postby Fisherman » Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:41 am

Tried the Rich Wealthy shortcut, still no joy. You can drive the bassboat, stop it, but the "fish" button remains unresponsive. It just won't activate. I first noticed this is the beta mode and commented on it. All the other boats work, and "fish", fine.
Fisherman

Postby Fisherman » Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:17 am

Still no joy on the bassboat, but started a new character so I could fish a tournament in the skiboat, and got clobbered while in fishing mode, in the very act of casting, by a bassboat and was eliminated from the tournament. That should not happen.
Fisherman

Postby paleodust » Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:06 am

Fisherman wrote:Still no joy on the bassboat, but started a new character so I could fish a tournament in the skiboat, and got clobbered while in fishing mode, in the very act of casting, by a bassboat and was eliminated from the tournament. That should not happen.

:lol: Yeah. I hate when that happens!
paleodust

Postby Rob G » Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:17 pm

Just recently bought the game and enjoy it but I have an all green map also but did not know any better thought it was odd but still did not know. I also
have been having video crashes the game sounds are still running but the video crashes and no getting it back without a hard shutdown. I,m using a
Nvidia GT 220 1gb memory with the current drivers dated 10/16/10 so just wondering anyone else having video trouble. THANKS
Rob G

Postby mitchlin » Fri Dec 31, 2010 8:25 pm

I'm also having the same issue with the mini map. Thought it might be the fact that I have a older computer and video card (several years old).
mitchlin

Postby Mydnyte » Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:19 am

No problems with the mini map, but still getting the "you bought the public dock" glitch every time I try to buy a boat, and then it takes my money but gives no boat.
Mydnyte

Postby paul » Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:14 pm

Have you started a new game since installing the latest update? Usually a really odd error like that is caused by a saved game file being out of synch with the program, but maybe not in this case. I'll see if I can reproduce that.

Paul
paul
Site Admin

Postby Mydnyte » Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:30 am

Yup, new game, because my saved games wouldn't work after the update. I completely deleted all old .gam files and even tried creating some new characters with different names and it's even the same with the "Rich Wealthy" character.

However, after loading the game today and trying again, it gave access to the boats I had bought, so not sure what's going on here.
Mydnyte

Return to VR Sportfishing