Current build now official (out of beta)

Discusion of Pishtech's game VR Sportfishing

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest, Pitti

Re: Current build now official (out of beta)

Postby Fisherman » Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:11 am

I tried it on Mountain Lake and it works. Caught a few nice rainbows wading on the lake, nice to be able to do that.
Fisherman

Postby reelfish074 » Fri Nov 26, 2010 3:53 am

If I were to completly uninstall and reinstall it, would I just have to download the latest update and I would get everything, or would I have to go back and install everything seperatly? I have done some playing around in the files and I need to clean the slate because of the gallons of glitches.
reelfish074

Postby paul » Fri Nov 26, 2010 4:05 pm

Your best bet is to download and run the full installer. You can install over the existing files (just pick the same installation folder) and that should restore the game.

Paul
paul
Site Admin

Postby reelfish074 » Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:56 pm

That fly rod and fly look great, is the casting going to work the same way as rwff or will it be completly different?
reelfish074

Postby reelfish074 » Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:55 pm

Found a glitch. I was going to the new creek brown trout fishing. I just made it down to the bank and got a fish on and the line broke. I made a few more casts but got nothing so I decided to move on. I clicked the walk button but nothing happened, so I tried the "S" key like it said, and still nothing happened. I ended up having to quit the game.

EDIT: also, walking is kinda messed up. my guy keeps turning off in a random direction and makes walking unuseable for long distances.
reelfish074

Postby Mydnyte » Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:03 pm

I've been a big fan of this game, but after this update, I'm pretty much disgusted with it.

NONE of my profiles would load, leaving me to start completely over with no money or equipment. Ridiculous that after owning this game for well over a year and acquiring well over a hundred thousand dollars in game money that I have to start completely over because of an update.

4 attempts at buying a boat, and each time it only tells me "you just bought the public dock" and I get nothing.

More than a little disappointed right now.
Mydnyte

Postby paul » Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:34 pm

I'm sorry for the trouble. I should have made it clear that the update would not be compatible with saved games, and under the circumstances I should have made the new version not even try to load them. In the future I hope to make new updates preserve the saved games, but so much changed in this update that it wasn't very feasible. Here's a cheat that may help:

Hold down the C, H and M keys when you click "Visit bait shop". That will give you enough money to buy anything you want at the shop.

Paul
paul
Site Admin

Postby reelfish074 » Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:07 pm

thats for icefishing, right? I thought you had to put your name as rich wealthy for vrs
reelfish074

Postby paul » Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:20 pm

That cheat works in VRS, too. I haven't drawn attention to it, but if you have to start a new profile after an update it's a quick way to get all your gear.

Paul
paul
Site Admin

Postby Anguis » Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:17 pm

Is there any way to try out the fly fishing in the demo?
Someday, we'll get back to Yellowstone. . .
Anguis

Postby paul » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:28 pm

The fly fishing isn't even out in beta yet, but when it's officially released I'll make sure it's possible to try the fly fishing in the demo.

Paul
paul
Site Admin

Postby Anguis » Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:40 am

paul wrote:The fly fishing isn't even out in beta yet, but when it's officially released I'll make sure it's possible to try the fly fishing in the demo.

Paul

Thanks for the update - sorry for the misunderstanding. I'm looking forward to your upcoming releases.
Someday, we'll get back to Yellowstone. . .
Anguis

Postby reelfish074 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:58 pm

Will the next update include some bug fixes? Wading is simply unuseable for me right now.
reelfish074

Previous

Return to VR Sportfishing