windows7 and zip file

Help for technical issues

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest

windows7 and zip file

Postby montana » Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:11 am

wel i have the full game now.i got it to work on my two vista machines but not on my window7 gamer pc. i have a new my games folder and can see it but cant unzip it. how can i do this. when i click on it no unzip is there. i saw it in vista. i have 4cores. 8gigs memory. windows7 64 bit os. 5870 video card. at least i can play it on my older pcs. but like to use new pc if i can lol.
montana

Re: windows7 and zip file

Postby Yellowstone7 » Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:12 am

Hi Montana:

Good to hear you have RWFF working on your Vista machines, at least you are doing some fishing now. Pretty nice specs for your new Windows7 computer. Must be a serous gamer! :lol:

Windows7 has an unzip function but I still use the old fashion WinZip program to do all my unzipping. More intuitive for me that way. :P I think they still have an evaluation version that you can download and use.

You'll like your Windows7 machine as it is much faster than the old Vista, with your specs you wouldn't have to wait too long for the RWFF program to load which used to be a problem for slower machines loaded with over 100 outings.

Regards,

Yellowstone7
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Postby montana » Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:52 pm

ya its good pc. i keep building bigger and better..lmao. But i dont use ddr3 boards yet they to slow. ddr2 is much faster. next year they will be faster. In my opinon. I am from Belt montana.I fly fished all my life and made my own flyes. I fished all the blue ribbon trout steams. Lucky right. Our ranch is in south east of montana near custers battlefield. I am have a problem with one of my vista pcs Game stops after 10 min of play. message says GR stopped working.I have to restart. i will change driver.what you think. this pc spec is asrock 775i65pe board nvidia6600 vga card 3gigs ddr2 vista business os
montana

Postby Yellowstone7 » Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:59 pm

Hi Montana:

Good to have a fellow Montanan on the forum. :P I am originally from Hong Kong. Graduated from Bozeman High, then went on to MSU and U of Idaho before going to AZ and Europe for graduate work. I used to own a 500 acre ranch just 8 miles north of Livingston, MT. Had 3/4 mile of the Yellowstone running on one side of the property. Had to come back and live in Hong Kong due to family reasons. I do miss all the great fishing in Montana and Idaho! :oops:

Your new machine is very similar to mine. I have ddr3 board with 8 Gigs of memory and it is okay and pretty fast. The "gr" error is one of the bugaboos of the RWFF program. It shows up once in a while and even Paul, the author of the RWFF is not able to fix it yet. Maybe someday he will have a cure for that. :lol:

Just make sure you have upgraded to V.128 (make sure you have clicked on the rwff_update.exe after you have unzipped the V.128 update into the main RWFF program) and all the latest fish, food and sound files installed and you will be okay. Have you tried my Yellowstone and Nelson Spring Creek outings yet? The pictures for these outings were provided by James Anderson of Yellowstone Anglers, and the Nelson Spring Creek ones by Jacquie Nelson of the Nelson Spring Creek ranch. I think you would enjoy those authentic Montana outings. :P

If you have any more problems setting up RWFF on the new Windows7 please come back and we can sort it out.

Regards,

Stanley (Yellowstone7)
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Postby montana » Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:59 pm

snowing like a bitch at home my brother says. But its niece here in va. Well i guess iam to dumb to get this game un zipped i give up. Mabe i need step by step insrutions from some on.lol. MAN THIS FORUM IS SLOOOOOW TODAY CANT TAKE IT>BY I am back And forums is right now
montana

Return to Tech Support