New full installer available

Discusion of Pishtech's game VR Sportfishing

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest, Pitti

New full installer available

Postby paul » Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:53 pm

You can use this link to download the latest build:
http://www.pishtech.com/VRSportfishingBeta20101011.exe

This build uses an entirely different installer, includes a number of fixes to the instructions, uses a much smaller line-out and line-tension display and a few other fixes. The installer will (by default) put this in a separate folder from your current installation. It will be necessary to enter your activation code, and to start a new game with a new user.

Yes, it's still a beta, but if there are no major problems with this build it will become the new official (non-beta) release. I've tested this build quite a bit, and while I still have a list of relatively minor problems, it's been quite stable with no lock-ups, crashes, or other critical errors. I'll release the non-beta based on this build next week, so please let me know of any problems you find.

Paul
paul
Site Admin

Re: New full installer available

Postby tom1234505 » Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:27 pm

ok, after about 30 min of gameplay I have found a couple of problems. no. 1, your character's legs do not move. very minor, and no.2, your character doesn't move his legs on the map view either. very minor problems but the fish behave normally, no swarming, and the brown trout look very nice, even in the water! I caught a 1.9 lb brown, 18 in, the character reached in the water and pulled it out of the water. looked very realistic compared to the last update. well, that's all I found. I will test some more and see if anything else comes up. BTW I noticed a performance increase as well. looks very nice without any lag while there is cloud cover! :lol:

Thanks Paul for this great update!

Tom
tom1234505

Postby gd145 » Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:34 pm

gee paul we do all remember our code from years ago how do we obtain it
gd145

Postby paul » Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:31 pm

Sorry - if you don't have your activation code message you can get the code from the file pvrsa.txt in your main game installation.

Tight lines,

Paul
paul
Site Admin

Postby gd145 » Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:43 pm

sorry paul cant find it
gd145

Postby Fisherman » Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:59 am

Look for it at the end of the "P" section of files, right before "R". It should be right after the pvrslic file and right before pvrsreg. Just click on it (It is a txt file) and your code will show.
The smaller drag and line out bars are great! Thank you, Paul. The overall fishing experience is better, and so far, the line stays with the rod and guides very well.
Frog still is flat on the lily pads.
Full Screen has to be activated each time the game starts. Won't stay on between sessions.
Fisherman

Postby paul » Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:33 pm

Thanks for the report - I've got the full screen issue fixed. That was a temporary change for debugging that I forgot to remove, so I appreciate the heads-up. I plan to overhaul the lure/weed collision system to make it more precise. That will sort out the lures dragging over the lilly pads the way they do. It won't make it into this weeks release but it's on my list.

gd145, I'll resend you your activation code by email.

Paul
paul
Site Admin

Postby big jake » Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:49 am

i this version going to be official soon or continue through the fly fishing?

gotta love the spell check i ended up spelling official wrong and it showed a correction that was OfficeMax :lol:
big jake

Postby paul » Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:05 pm

I'll release it as soon as I fix this one #*($%# annoying glitch. Sorry to get techy, but when I switched the method used to link the rod and reel to the persons hand, it solved issues with the angle getting crooked depending on the arm position, but it broke something else in a really strange way. I'm now getting the transformation matrix of a bone in the hand, which is a mathematical represenation of the location, rotation and scale of the object. Then I apply that transformation matrix to the rod and reel. Works like a charm, except that the rod turns inside out. Each polygon in 3D has a "normal", a direction the surface faces, and it's as if the normals are flipped, so each polygon faces into the rod rather than outward and you end up seeing the inside surface of the far side rather than the outside surface of the near side. Strangely using the transformation matrix that way has no effect on the reel. I've been researching possible explanations and trying potential fixes for this all week. As soon as I get this solved I'll upload the official release.

Paul
paul
Site Admin

Return to VR Sportfishing