Help for technical issues

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest

SIPSEY OUTING

Postby badger040 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:55 pm

hi all
just tried Martins latest outing
unfortunately during file verification it came up with an error
could not open fish/food files etc etc
after verificationi finished i checked outings and it was there,i tried it but it froze my computer.
i am sure Martin will respond,as he does,quickly and resolve this issue.
regards
barry badger040
badger040

Re: SIPSEY OUTING

Postby Yellowstone7 » Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:43 am

Hi Barry and Everyone:

I saw Barry's post on the Sipsey outing and that he was having problems with errors and computer hangs. Almost 99% of the time when this happens it is due to missing fish or food files in the RWFF installation and usually not an outing problem.. To verify that I downloaded Martin's Sipsey outing and tried it out. The outing opened normally and fished just perfect. Please see the pictures below. (A really gorgeous outing, by the way) :lol:

The errors that showed up in the file verification would give you an idea what food, or fish items are missing. I wish the RWFF program is more user friendly in this respect as it is scary as hell for the message to show up in red and black, say something like, "files are missing or corrupt, you need to reinstall the software", or some such thing. Maybe Paul will address this issue on the coming RWFF updates.

Barry, please check to see you have ALL the fish and food files installed in your system and your computer hang will go away, and you will be able to catch the fish of your dream. :P Please post here and let us know if this solved your problems. Other RWFF members will benefit from your experience.

Regards,

Stanley

Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Postby badger040 » Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:53 am

hi Stanley
did you use the download link or did you go to the clubhouse to get the download
i will try it tonight.
i have all food and flies but i will re-do them again also.
will keep you posted
regards
barry badger040
badger040

Postby Yellowstone7 » Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:29 am

Hi Barry:

I used the download link from Martin's post. Please check your error file and see what items are missing and redownload those items and you will be ok. Hope this helps. :P

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Postby badger040 » Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:02 pm

hi Stanley and all
have done as you suggested but i still get same error message
it is spider 01,02,05
i have redone this 4 times
restored to a previous date before i tried to open this outing
downloaded again
still the same
saw your pics
green with envy
can only keep trying
regards
barry badger040
badger040

Postby Yellowstone7 » Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:53 pm

Hi Barry:

Looks like you are missing the spider food files. Please redownload the complete food files from the club house. Unzip the newly downloaded files and put them into your food folder in the main RWFF program. When asked if ok to over write existing files click yes. You should be ok then. If you still have trouble please post and I will send you a zip copy of my working food folder.

Hope things will work out for you. It is a beautiful outing and you will enjoy catch fish there. :P

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Postby badger040 » Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:44 pm

hi Stanley
just been playing SW latest outing
caught in all sites expert level
no probs except the error message read white bait missing from florida bay.an ouying i keep going back to.
still not able to play SIPSEY although the spider message did not appear.
i have been downloading complete food file from clubhouse
please send me your food file
and i will try that
regards
barry badger040
badger040

Postby badger040 » Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:10 pm

hi Stanley and all
at last
after using the process of elimination i finally got it to work
instead of continually extracting all food files over and over
i opened the food file and just copied the missing food
worked a treat
very pretty outing
lots of good fish
thanks for your help
barry badger040
badger040

Postby Yellowstone7 » Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:50 pm

Hi Barry:

Great!!!! :lol: Sounds like you are learning your way around! I am glad everything is working out for you. Good luck catch all those record fish! Post your success stories on the forum and share with us.

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Postby badger040 » Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:54 am

hi Stanley and all
it would be great to be able to post photos etc and share my catches
but i do not have that knowledge or experience.
something else i will have to learn
regards
barry badger040
badger040

Postby Yellowstone7 » Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:09 pm

Hi Barry:

We all have to learn to do this sooner or later. Now is the time. :P I will try to walk you through the process of capturing your caught pictures, saving it and posting it on the RWFF forum. Here it goes.

*note*.... different people do this in different ways but this is my method and I find it the easiest.

1) First you must catch a fish! :lol: Make sure the "Caps Lock" is "off" on your computer key board. When you see the catch picture on RWFF that you want to keep. Press the "PrtScn" button one time on your key board and your screen with the fish will be saved. "PrtScn" button is towards the top right portion of your keyboard.

2)Exit, or minimized the RWFF program by pressing the "Start" button one time. This is the one with the Microsoft flag on it toward the bottom left of your keyboard. Then your running RWFF program will be minimized.

3)There is a program called "Paint" on your computer. Find that and make a shortcut and put it on your desktop so you can find it again easily later. I have mine on my quick start menu on the bottom of the screen. You open the "Paint" program and then press "Ctrl" and "V" at the same time. This will paste the picture you already saved before when you pressed "PrtScn". You will be able to see your caught picture displayed in Paint. Next click on "File" (upper left top of the Paint program), then click "Save as", a dialog will show up and you give your picture a name, like "Spotted Bass" or whatever, and save the picture to your "desktop" in JPG format. You save the picture to your "Desktop" so you can find it later.

4)Now you need to find a free image hosting and sharing program on the internet. There are plenty of those but I use "Photobucket". It is free, fast and has ample storage space. Just input Photobucket in your Google search and click on the "Photobucket" link. You will need to create an account, giving your name and create a Password. Now you are almost there!

5)After your have setup an account in Photobucket, or the image server of your choice, log into your account, click "upload pictures", navigate to the caught picture that you have saved on your desktop and upload it to the Image Server. The reason we do this is so that we can come up with an "IMG" code, which you will need to post your picture on the RWFF forum. The Image Server will give you several codes but the one we want is called the "IMG" code. When you see the IMG code for your picture, point to it and right click on your mouse, a dialog will come up, choose "COPY". We will later paste this onto the RWFF forum page.

Now minimize the Photobucket page. Go to the RWFF forum and make a post. After your comments just point to a space on the RWFF page and click "Paste". Hopefully your saved IMG code will be pasted into the RWFF forum page.

6)To verify the IMG code, therefore the picture, will work in your new RWFF post, press the "Preview" button on the bottom of the RWFF message pane. Voila, if you do everything just right, you will see the text you wrote, plus the picture of the caught fish in the Preview message. If you are happy with the messsage press Submit and we will all get to see your catch in living color! Pretty Cool! :P

7)You might also want to save multiple pictures of your fishing adventure for posting later. When you see the caught picture, press "PrtScn" to save the picture, exit the RWFF program by pressing the "Start" button, bring up the Paint program, press Ctrl and "V" simultaneously and paste the picture into your Paint program. Then Save the picture to your desktop for posting later. After you are finished with fishing go to the Image Server and upload the multiple pictures, copy all the IMG codes and paste them into your RWFF post. That is all there is to it.

It is always hard to do things right the very first time. It is really not all that hard or complicated once your have done it a couple of times. Give it a try and come back for help if you need it. Will see your post and pictures on the RWFF forum soon!

Good Luck!

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Return to Tech Support