adding outings

Help for technical issues

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest

adding outings

Postby rafferty1278 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:22 am

hi all hope someone can help me i cant seem to add any outings keeps saying make sure files are in the zip i must be doing something wrong help please.what a great game this is i have been playing it for over a year now and have not been able to add any new outings thanks mark from inverness scotland
rafferty1278

Re: adding outings

Postby Yellowstone7 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:55 pm

Hi Mark:

First a big welcome to our Forum and community. :P Can you please tell us more precisely what problems you are having? At what stage you encounter the problems and errors. e.g. during downloading of the custom outing? Opening the zip file? Unpacking and installing the zip file to the RWFF program? While running the RWFF program after you installed the unzipped files? etc. We should be able to help you and get you going on the custom outings in no time at all.

Do you have XP, Vista or Windows 7?

You are missing a lot not being able to play the custom outings but we can help you change that! :P

Regards,

Stanley (Yellowstone7)
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Postby rafferty1278 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:19 pm

hi thanks.im running on vista.i can download the outings but when it comes to extrct them i try to put them in same file as rwffexe and they just seem to go into the file but do nothing.not sure what to do once all files are in the rwff exe file.prob something simple.thanks mark
rafferty1278

Postby Yellowstone7 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:40 pm

Hi Mark:

Vista has specially installation requirements. You must set up your main RWFF program files in its own folder ( and not the default folder). Such as: C:\games\PishTech\Real World Fly Fishing (after this all your new custom outings and other supporting files will need to be installed in this newly created folder).

To successfully install the custom outing you will need to update your RWFF program to V.128. This update is available for download in RWFF Club House under "Downloads" via this link:

http://sites.google.com/site/rwffclubhouse/

After you downloaded and unzipped the V.128 into your correctly created RWFF folder. Go into the RWFF main folder and double click on the "rwff_update.exe". Your program will be updated to V.128 after you do this. Check the version number of your RWFF program by looking at the lower right hand corner of your RWFF screen. I should say V.128 B-90716

Also from the "download" section in the Club House, download and install ALL the FISH, FOOD and SOUND files into their proper folders in the RWFF main program. e.g. Food to Food, Fish to Fish, Sound to Sound.

This is often where people have trouble with. After you download the above food, fish, sound files, make sure the folders are "expanded" before you copy and paste them into their appropriate folders. Dragging and dropping an unopened folder into the FISH, FOOD and SOUND folder results in what we call a "nested" folder and if you do that the program will not work! Click on the unzipped folder files until you can see the fish, food, sound files, then copy and paste these files into their proper folders in the RWFF main folder. When asked if you want to replace the existing files in the folders, click "yes"

If you are able to get RWFF V.128 loaded up and running, there is a "file verification" feature built into the v.128 update. Allow the file verification to run fully. Any errors found within the outings setup will be shown on the screen, and also kept in the "errors.txt" found in your main RWFF program folder. This is great feature for trouble shooting and will tell you what is missing in your files. If nothing shows up this would mean that you are setup properly. Congratulations! :P

I know there are a ton of files to download but after you get everything running perfectly, you will be on your way to some fantastic fishing journeys to all corners of the world.

Please come back if you have additional questions or problems. Everyone here will be glad to pitch in and help you out. :P

Regards,

Stanley
Stanley (Yellowstone7)

Yellowstone7

Postby reelfish074 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:47 pm

Welcome, fellow vista user! Like stanley (yellowstone7) said, anybody on the forums will be happy to help =)
reelfish074

Postby Barns » Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:15 pm

Mark

Check your PM.

Barns
Barns

Postby wullie gunn » Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:13 pm

HI guys,
having all the inital outings that come on the disc and the free add ons how does one go about downloading new locations and species to fish for??? I am using XP at the moment but as from 14/09/2010 I will be using windows 7 any help would be appreciated
Wullie Gunn SCOTLAND :mrgreen:
wullie gunn

Postby Barns » Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:33 pm

HI Wullie

Welcome to the rwff forum, Barns ( Brian ) from Scotland.

If you go to clubhouse you can upload the version 128, you will need this before you can upload and play any users outings.

You will also need to upload all fish and all food items, also sounds.. We also have a chat service where both myself and Richard are on line every night if you need any help.

To start download all fish and copy them to root folder of game under fish over write any fish that are in folder. Next do same with food. Then same with sounds.

After you have done this and made sure all folders are in correct place download one of our user outings and give it a try. Any problems send me an e-mail Brianwdonald@aol.com.

You will get help from our forum no problem.

Regards

Barns
Barns

Postby wullie gunn » Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:12 pm

:mrgreen: HI Barns
thanks for that As I said I will be changing my O S tomorrow so will have to start from scratch with the disc so may call on your help then. :oops: :oops:
Wullie gunn Aberdeen
wullie gunn

Return to Tech Support