Paul?

Discusion of Pishtech's game VR Sportfishing

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest, Pitti

Paul?

Postby Fisherman » Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:00 pm

Paul, it has been a long time since I saw you write anything on this forum. Hope everything is ok, and would like to hear how things are progressing, as I am sure others would as well. Been busy fishing when I can, pike and a few walleye, haven't played VR much of late, waiting for the update to settle out things. Counting on this game to get me through the winter...
Fisherman

Re: Paul?

Postby gonefishin » Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:10 pm

I've been thinking the same thing. Hopefully he's OK and we can see the finished result of his newest efforts.
gonefishin

Postby paul » Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:39 pm

Sorry I haven't been on here lately. Things are fine, but I've been busier than usual. I just finished doing some full time contract programming for some people I used to work with. I may do some more on a part-time basis later this year, but I'm done with the full time gig, so I've got time to get back to work on the games now. I've got a lot I want to get done in the coming months. Top priorities include the next update for VRS with fly fishing, some more trout, a meadow stream and bug fixes, some fixes for IFD including the trout not getting hooked, and a few RWFF tweaks.

I'm also seriously considering developing a game for android phones. I just got one and I love it, and it could really use a 3d fishing game, not to mention a mobile version of Fishlogix.

I'll compile a list of the top priorities for VRS and post that here for feedback.

Thanks for checking on me!

Tight lines,

Paul
paul
Site Admin

Postby Cutch » Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:55 pm

Thands for the update on what's happening, Paul. Your ideas sound
great,...can't wait to see them in action.

How do I make the text larger on the mb, I can hardly read it?
Cutch

Postby SloughCreekKid » Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:58 pm

Hey Cutch,

Right above the Login/Logout [ Cutch ] , and right below the advanced search button at top right of page there is a very faint "A" with up and down arrows. That makes it larger and darker - for those people who are over 40 years old! :lol: :lol: (unless you were just joking! :P )
SloughCreekKid

Postby Cutch » Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:31 pm

Paul solved the problem, I use IE8 and in the lower rh corner of the screen is a magnifier.
It was set at 75%, I changed it to 100% and everything is normal now. I never noticed the
magnifier before? Thanks for the help offer, SCK. 8)
Cutch

Postby paleodust » Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:21 pm

paul wrote:Sorry I haven't been on here lately. Things are fine, but I've been busier than usual. I just finished doing some full time contract programming for some people I used to work with. I may do some more on a part-time basis later this year, but I'm done with the full time gig, so I've got time to get back to work on the games now. I've got a lot I want to get done in the coming months. Top priorities include the next update for VRS with fly fishing, some more trout, a meadow stream and bug fixes, some fixes for IFD including the trout not getting hooked, and a few RWFF tweaks.

I'm also seriously considering developing a game for android phones. I just got one and I love it, and it could really use a 3d fishing game, not to mention a mobile version of Fishlogix.

I'll compile a list of the top priorities for VRS and post that here for feedback.

Thanks for checking on me!

Tight lines,

Paul

Yeah. That would be cool! I LOVE my Android phone (HTC Droid Eris)! A good 3D fishing game would be awesome! 8)
paleodust

Postby Fisherman » Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:53 pm

All that is well and good but bringing this current game to a (more) stable version, even a conclusion of sorts, and maintaining it and the many topics here is very important. From what I have read here in the forum many of us, myself included, are feeling somewhat abandoned. We expected something by now, but must wait longer. Ok, it was a long winter for a lot of us. But going off in other directions without fulfilling previous obligations? The wish list for VR Sportfishing should not need to be "prioritized" right now. That was already well documented in other threads. I should not have had to write what I did to open this topic, we should have had some form of update on progress or its lack thereof the past couple of months. This is a great game. But, I am disappointed.
Fisherman

Postby paul » Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:44 am

I have to agree. While the Droid projects are begging to be done, I owe everyone the VRS updates I've planned, and I won't be working on the Droid stuff or any other new projects until the VRS updates are done. I'm sorry for the long delay between updates, and I'm going to try to get the next phase out as soon as I can. I'm currently working on the meadow stream for the first fly fishing location. I've been photographing and modeling a lot of scenery items lately, including barns, bridges, etc., and laying out the landscape.

Paul
paul
Site Admin

Postby paleodust » Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:25 am

Thanks for the update! Keep up the good work! 8)
paleodust

Postby paul » Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:21 pm

Here's a peak at how the new stream is coming along. This is based on the spring creeks here in Western Wisconsin. It gives you about a mile of stream to fish, winding through a valley and along a country road. The stream itself doesn't have cover yet, but the landscape and scenery is almost finished. It's going to be well populated with brown trout, including potential for a fish over 25 inches.

Paul

paul
Site Admin

Postby paleodust » Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:03 am

Thanks for the update! I always look forward to seeing them. Looking forward to it!
paleodust

Return to VR Sportfishing