Progress report

Discusion of Pishtech's game VR Sportfishing

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest, Pitti

Re: Progress report

Postby Fisherman » Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:33 am

The instability of the current beta continues to deliver some amazing scenes. Add to the "Flying Trees" The following: I have found the dock! At Deer Lake I allowed the boat to drift a bit while fiddling with the lure and rod. The boat drifted UNDER the parked cars and the baitshop, where I saw the dock, sitting pretty under the baitshop as if nothing was amiss. I even made a few casts, although I did not catch a fish in the "Basement". Very odd.
All this was in the jonboat as I am unable to fish from the bassboat on any lake. I look forward to the next build, and the re-stabilizing of the game.
Fisherman

Postby paul » Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:18 pm

Was that while using "Lake Tester"? Lots of things are possible in that mode that won't normally happen. I haven't seen the boat get off land without being in testing mode, so hopefully that's all that's going on there. Interesting to find the dock there, though. I'll have a patch in the next few days that will take care of a number of things.

Paul
paul
Site Admin

Postby Fisherman » Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:01 pm

No, oddly it was in regular fishing mode. I was trying to see if the new rod movement would work on other lakes. I could not fish at all out of the bassboat, so tried the jonboat, and could cast. Somehow, I drifted under the baitshop. And believe it don't, there is water under the baitshop! No fish I could see, though I made a few casts just for fun. I'll see if I can rig up my screenshot program and give folks a look as it is still there after a "Save". Kinda funny to look up and see the baitshop walls, and look out and see the cars and all. The dock, verrrry sneaky, that dock...
Fisherman

Postby reelfish074 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:26 pm

I saw that in the new river, but never posted it, very funny!
reelfish074

Previous

Return to VR Sportfishing