Progress report

Discusion of Pishtech's game VR Sportfishing

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest, Pitti

Re: Progress report

Postby geraldro » Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:59 pm

I found the means of resolving the game:

Menu "options"...Water effects..change the value ( high or slow) ....OK.....And Fish :shock:

Regards

Gérald
geraldro

Postby paul » Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:06 pm

The game should still support all the lakes you've already created, but to create rivers or to use the new scenery system there are some new values you'll need to put in the .lak file. I'll post the details on the VRS Development forum.

Paul
paul
Site Admin

Postby geraldro » Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:30 pm

Hi Paul,

I used the new file "LAK" for my river...but now i can't open the game, it blocked on the map , like previous picture: My debugfile:

03-23-2010 13:09:57 | PATH MANAGER: No path attached mesh.
03-23-2010 13:09:57 | ACTOR MANAGER : GetBoneID. Wrong bone name. No bone with the name 'swivel' in the bone table
03-23-2010 13:09:57 | ACTOR MANAGER : GetBoneID. Wrong bone name. No bone with the name 'clevis' in the bone table
03-23-2010 13:09:57 | ACTOR MANAGER : GetBoneID. Wrong bone name. No bone with the name 'seg1' in the bone table
03-23-2010 13:09:57 | ACTOR MANAGER : GetBoneID. Wrong bone name. No bone with the name 'seg2' in the bone table
03-23-2010 13:09:57 | ACTOR MANAGER : GetBoneID. Wrong bone name. No bone with the name 'seg3' in the bone table

Regards

Gérald
geraldro

Postby paleodust » Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:58 pm

:shock: I didn't know hoverfish were in this game! :shock:

(Now we really need fly fishing!)
paleodust

Postby geraldro » Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:17 pm

No, it is a test with a picture from my first river whith new update, but now i am blocked :evil:

Regards

Gérald
geraldro

Postby paul » Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:22 pm

Here's what's going on with the hovering fish: You're using a function of the lake tester. Pressing 8 makes the fish appear above the surface. The purpose of that feature is to let you inspect the fish population quickly and easily. Press 8 again and they'll show up back where they belong. That's also why the caught fish was by your feet - I didn't recognize that issue at first because I never have that turned on while actually fishing.

Also about the brown trout: They're not implemented yet. They will be in the next beta, but they simply don't exist in the game right now.

Paul
paul
Site Admin

Postby paul » Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:29 am

Here's a patch for the dock fishing problem: http://www.pishtech.com/pvrs_exe.zip
Unzip the files to the folder where you have the river beta and docks should be back. There's no dock fishing on Dream River, though. That one is set up for shore and boat fishing only.

Tight lines,

Paul
paul
Site Admin

Postby Fisherman » Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:58 pm

Ok, nice to see the update, it looks very promising. Went wading on the river and caught a few rainbows, a nice 3,2 being the largest. The rod movement is coming along, the walking motion is best on first person view. a bit stiff otherwise.
The rod jerks up sharply after a cast. It should rest normally until we move it. And in rushing current, fishing downstream form the boat, the lure skips across the surface, poor fish can't take it, they just follow it. we'll need some river fishing gear. Weights, leaders and river specific lures. Look forward to fly fishing. The current works nicely though.
Flying trees. anyone else see them? Went through the menu, tried Eagle Lake and it had the Mountain lake skyline superimposed along the horizon, and pine trees floating high over the lake! Kinda trippy, that. And you thought flying crappie were odd.
I hope we will be able to:Drive the boat to a spot and wade from there, or:Walk to a spot through a "Portal" to save time.
Fisherman

Postby geraldro » Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:49 am

Hi Paul,

I cannot change the color of my boulders with my keyboard " AZERTY"

RGB & +/-

RGB...What is it ?

Regards

Gérald
geraldro

Postby paul » Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:59 am

That function is disabled for now. I've been experimenting with it but it seems to be more trouble than it's worth. RGB is Red, Green, Blue value. By mixing light of those colors you can create any tint. You'd probably have better results creating custom item file (itm), like geraldros_boulder.itm, in which you could list any texture files you want to use for boulders. Just copy the boulder.itm file and change any parameters you want. I don't have a finalized master itm file yet, but I think you'll find the parameters fairly straightforward if you look at the existing itm files.

Tight lines,

Paul
paul
Site Admin

Postby geraldro » Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:32 am

Thank you Paul.

How much objects can one put without slowing down the system ? Because I made a splendid decor with full objects….alas it is unplayable :oops:

Nvidia 7600 GT 512Mo

Regard

Gérald
geraldro

Postby paul » Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:22 am

It really depends on the computer you want people to be able to play it on. If your computer has a fairly good video card and you put in as many objects as it can handle you're pretty much making sure that only computers as good or better than yours will be able to handle your creation. If you reduce the draw distance it will change how many objects the game tries to draw at any given distance, too. For example, if a 1 meter boulder is normally visible at 200 meters away, changing the draw distance setting to 50% would mean that boulder wouldn't appear until you're about 100 meters from it, but in most cases objects will gradually fade in and out of view. Even at 30% draw distance you'll see every object within 100 meters and big things like trees for at least a couple hundred meters.

My goal is to let low end systems with integrated graphics processors handle the game at a lower resolution and draw distance, but also to give high-end video cards something to do with all that power. Running at 1024x768 with 50% draw distance still looks pretty good on the river, and in future updates it will get better when it uses variable level of detail on the models, including more detailed trees and things for close-up view. Of course if your system can handle 1920x1080 resolution with maxed out settings it really looks sweet. =)

Tight lines,

Paul
paul
Site Admin

Postby mitchlin » Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:00 pm

Dont know if anyone else has this problem or not but after installing this latest update, when fishing from the dock, after I cast, the 1st person view automatically turns some - making it impossible to see a bobber or lure in the water. However when fishing in the boat, everything seems to work fine. I dont know for sure but I think there might be a slight glitch there Paul. Try it and see what you think. Walking and fishing on the new river seems to work nice. Great fishing sim.
mitchlin

Postby geraldro » Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:06 pm

geraldro

Postby mitchlin » Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:48 pm

Thanks Geraldro, Seems to work much better now...I appreciate the help.
mitchlin

PreviousNext

Return to VR Sportfishing