Paul use kickstarter for vr sportfishing please

Creating and sharing new content for VR Sportfishing

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest, Pitti

Paul use kickstarter for vr sportfishing please

Postby bluedragon2k9 » Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:34 pm

Hey Paul why dont you make a kickstarter campaign to get the funds to continue this great fishing game?
Im sure all of us here is willing to help.What would you have to lose? Nothing to lose everything to gain bud.
bluedragon2k9

Re: Paul use kickstarter for vr sportfishing please

Postby gonefishin » Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:03 pm

I second this.
A great idea!

But it's pretty clear by now, after patiently awaiting 3 straight years with no further updates, that the VR SportFishing project is done for. Maybe there's some KILLER update that's been quietly being developed - highly unlikely though. Haven't seen anything from Paul in these forums in quite some time. The only thing I see happening is progress with mobile device games. (yawn - pass...)

Paul - if you're still around, checking these forums, can you chime in on this? Would you consider starting a KickStarter campaign to raise funds to fix the VRSF issues and revamp it into a truly immersive fishing simulation experience? With the Occulus Rift making headway into the mainstream, THIS is a great opportunity to put the VR back into VRSF and make some good money in the process.

Or - sell the source code? Seriously, name your number and perhaps a contract can be negotiated.

Whatever the case, there's many of us patiently awaiting the arrival of a 3D visually-stunning fishing simulation that isn't stagnant with corporate advertising, arcade gameplay, goofy AI, and glitches.

UPDATE:
I found the answer: http://www.fishingplanet.com/
gonefishin

Re: Paul use kickstarter for vr sportfishing please

Postby bluedragon2k9 » Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:01 am

I got an update from paul in an email.Vr sportfishing is dead.He said the engine dont even run right on new pc systems.But i got a new oen and seems fine on mine little slow but fairy decent still.But he cant open source it either because his phone app uses the same technology.So we are just out of luck if we spent money on the game.Which is a shame cause this game has a chance to be really great.
It went from making the top lists of fishing games http://mademan.com/mm/10-best-fishing-games-pc-23.html
to just closing down shop and saying screw us the customers.I feel like a sucker for even buying this game.I feel sorry for all of you as well.We bought into Paul.Maybe one day he will change his mind but as of right now by the way he talks he is more worried about the phone app.And has no interest in fixing vr sport fishing.But i would be willing to donate on a kick starter campaign for him to continue development.Im sure plenty would.But after this many years and such I dont think it is feasible.Paul has all ready decided this project defeated him.
So now the what sure could of been one of the best fishing games ever has sadly just became a ghost on old top lists scattered across the internet.
bluedragon2k9

Return to VRS Development