Future updates?

Creating and sharing new content for VR Sportfishing

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest, Pitti

Future updates?

Postby paul » Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:58 am

The updates I have planned will include fly fishing, trolling, several new waters quite different from any of the current ones, and new fish including brown trout, steelhead, coho, Chinook, channel catfish, flathead catfish and white sturgeon. I’m also planning more changes to the graphics system to improve performance and detail.

On a scale of 0 (not interested) to 10 (would absolutely love it), how would you value these or other possible features?

A trophy room, showing the biggest fish of each species you’ve caught
On-line multiplayer (this is new territory for me, not sure how best to go about it yet)
Better, customizable characters (pick your body shape, skin, hair, clothing, etc)
Additional types of boats (a jet boat, canoe or kayak, pontoon?)
Additional lures and baits (such as?)
Additional species of fish (such as?)
Other features (such as?)

Paul
paul
Site Admin

Re: Future updates?

Postby Pitti » Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:10 am

Flyfishing = 10
Multiplayer = 10 (This would be a milestone for your creations)
Trophy Room = 9

Regards Peter
Pitti

Postby reelfish074 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:56 pm

A trophy room, showing the biggest fish of each species you’ve caught: 6
Better, customizable characters (pick your body shape, skin, hair, clothing, etc) 5, it would be nice, but wouldn't add to gameplay.
Additional types of boats (a jet boat, canoe or kayak, pontoon?) 9, I think canoe/kayak would be great for smaller, shallower streams. (if you added canoes, you should probably up the price of other boats to a more realistic level because with the canoe you could actually get out on the water.)
Additional lures and baits (such as?)8, deadbait shad for the sturgeon, stinkbait for catfish, and
Additional species of fish (such as?) 10, sturgeon, catfish, salmon, and we need a few "rough fish"
Other features (such as?) 10 with rivers, you should probably make more hazards that might make it so you have to end the fishing trip and spend some money to get it repaired (EG. rocks, logs (I saw somebody get swamped on one), sandbars, hitting shore)

Also to go with rivers, you should add some more serious snags, you can't drag a worm on the bottom without getting caught on a rock or something eventually.

New live bait rigs, bottom bouncers, slip sinker rigs, and others.

EDIT: A huge long run, perhaps a year.. or 5 in the future, saltwater fishing

EDIT2: the guide makes gameplay too easy, it could stay the same in beginner mode, but in intermediate it should give a mid- sized circle where they MIGHT be, and expert should be the same as it used to be a long time ago.
reelfish074

Postby reelfish074 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:22 pm

Also, glitches need to be fixed, like not being able to fish while on foot or in the bass boat, sinking into the floor, and others.
reelfish074

Postby Anguis » Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:15 pm

A trophy room, showing the biggest fish of each species you’ve caught 5
On-line multiplayer (this is new territory for me, not sure how best to go about it yet) 8 - how would different players' presence and activities affect the fish populations?
Better, customizable characters (pick your body shape, skin, hair, clothing, etc) 5
Additional types of boats (a jet boat, canoe or kayak, pontoon?) 10: canoe
Additional lures and baits (such as?) - can't comment, don't own game, yet
Additional species of fish (such as?) - can't comment, don't own game, yet
Other features 10: Fly Fishing

Re. Fly Fishing:

What's planned?

I'll be purchasing RWFF, and I don't know if the following are already simulated there, but, if it's not too much trouble, I'd like to see

- different rod materials and actions simulated for casting (bamboo, glass, graphite, etc. . .; slow, medium, fast)
- different stream types and their characteristic effects on fish populations simulated (rich and poor streams, cf. Tom Rosenbauer's 'Prospecting for Trout').

Additionally, it'd be cool if stream approach (crouching, sneaking, barging in. . .) could be simulated (as well as chasing a large hooked fish).

Thanks for games that I believe are the 'Operation Flashpoints' of the fishing simulation genre!
Someday, we'll get back to Yellowstone. . .
Anguis

Postby Rick Denman » Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:37 am

Ever thought of adding other non lure taking fish, water birds and insects?
Many times when I’m out fishing i see a large unidentified fish and start frantically casting my lure at it only to eventually realise it’s just a massive Carp cruising by.
Also the larger predators should be attracted to the smaller fish as well as the lures! It would be great in the game to see a large pike strike at a nearby smaller fish.
Also simulate spawning activity and shoals of fry at the right times of year, so the fish in the game actually breed, reproduce, grow and die almost like a little virtual ecosystem going on. That way the fish population would be constantly fluctuating and never the same.
DREAM AQUARIUM
Turn your screen into a virtual fish tank with the most realistically simulated 3D fish behaviour EVER!...
http://www.dreamaquarium.com/main.php?ref=1549

Microsoft Fishing Simulator...
http://www.facebook.com/MicrosoftFishingSimulator
Rick Denman

Postby Cutch » Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:53 pm

I'm with Pitti on this.
Flyfishing = 10
Trophy Room = 9

Visit my website,
CUTCH'S CAMP
Cutch

Postby paleodust » Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:15 am

Cutch wrote:I'm with Pitti on this.
Flyfishing = 10
Trophy Room = 9

+1
paleodust

Postby dan94 » Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:11 am

havent been on here in awhile :|
fly fishing= 10
multiplayer= 10 would be amamzing
trophy room= 8-9

If you could get the fly fishing up and running i would definently be getting this game 8)
just a question though. will we be able to download different flies or something??? :?:
dan94

Postby fish1000 » Mon May 23, 2011 11:15 pm

for bait i think you should have it where you can use you caught bluegill for bait for big catfish and where you can own one boat and a canoe for rivers if you add canoe also all potenial add ons and updates you mentioned i rate them at 10
fish1000

Return to VRS Development