Creating New lakes

Creating and sharing new content for VR Sportfishing

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest, Pitti

Creating New lakes

Postby paul » Mon May 18, 2009 10:57 pm

Hey, folks. For those of you who want to add your own lakes to the game, the new update (currently availabe for beta testing) now makes that possible. It includes a text file briefly explaining how it's done For a more detailed demonstration of the steps involved in making a high-quality lake you can view a video tutorial. It covers a lot of topics very quickly (probably too quickly - at times I sound like an auctioneer as I'm explaining what I'm doing) but even so it's about 90 minutes of video. It covers the basics first and then goes through the entire process of creating Deer Lake, which is one of the new lakes in the update.

You can view the tutorial here: http://www.pishtech.com/vrs_lake_tutorials.html

Tight lines,

Paul
paul
Site Admin

Re: Creating new lakes

Postby pat10 » Tue May 19, 2009 4:51 pm

Wow fantastic update. I really want to create some new lakes but I am having too much fun fishing muskies and lakers that I just dont have the time. Just curious, is there a way I can create a separate identical lake to deer lake? I love fishing that lake but would like to make a minor adjustment on a certain fish population....muskies. Actually I just want to make the maximum size better so a 40" ski is a bit more common. Instead of making a brand new lake I figured that could be a quick fix for my trophy musky lake until I create my own which is going to take me a long long time.
pat10

Re: Creating New lakes

Postby geraldro » Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:46 am

Hi Paul,

I can't see the video tuto, the links do not work any more

Sorry, it is error in my pc :oops: :oops: :evil: :evil:

Regards

Gérald
geraldro

Postby pat10 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:36 pm

Lake tutorials no longer work? I was finally just going to get started on one tonight
pat10

Postby paul » Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:22 pm

They're back. I just forgot to upload that file when I overhauled the web site recently.

Paul
paul
Site Admin

Return to VRS Development