Great game

Discusion of Pishtech's game VR Sportfishing

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest, Pitti

Great game

Postby pat10 » Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:37 am

I am having a problem though. For some reason I can tighten the drag but I cannot loosen my drag and thats making it awfully hard to land the real big fish. I know the - key is supposed to loosen it but it has no effect. Is there any other way I can get the drag loosened? Also put down another vote for seeing muskie in this game.
pat10

Re: Great game

Postby sjc628 » Sat Jan 24, 2009 3:32 am

I believe it is done using the plus and minus on the number pad on the far right side of your keyboard. For any other info. on the game, you might want to check out the User Guide thread in this forum.
sjc628

Postby pat10 » Sat Jan 24, 2009 4:10 pm

Yes I know the + and - keys are supposed to change the drag. What I said was that the + key tightens but the - key has no effect in my game.
pat10

Postby sjc628 » Sat Jan 24, 2009 6:21 pm

It would appear to me that you are using the wrong plus and minus keys. Like I said, you need to use the ones that are located on the far right side of your keyboard.
sjc628

Postby pat10 » Sat Jan 24, 2009 6:30 pm

I am using a laptop so there is only one set of + and - keys. But the plus key works and the minus key does not
pat10

Postby sjc628 » Sat Jan 24, 2009 6:37 pm

pat10 wrote:I am using a laptop so there is only one set of + and - keys. But the plus key works and the minus key does not

That is the exact thing that happens if you use the wrong keys on a PC keyboard. I have never used a laptop, I didn't even know that a laptop had a different keyboard then a PC. Maybe Paul or someone else can help you then.
sjc628

Postby bones » Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:55 pm

so a great addition to this great game would be key bindings for keyboard and controllers etc i have a rumble pad with loads of buttons and if i could assign my controller to this game would be ace especially the rumble side of it..well paul you have got some work to do m8 :P
Its better to have hooked a fish and lost it.Than to have never hooked a fish at all :p
bones

Postby paul » Sun Jan 25, 2009 3:50 pm

I could add customizable keys in a future update. That would be helpful on some laptops, and just to let people pick keys that feel natural too them.

Generally on a laptop there is a virtual key for the second minus key. On Dell laptops the equivalent of a number-pad minus key is the colon & semicolon key, combined the the blue "Fn" function key.

Ah - this should help too. I forgot that there's an alternate method of adjusting the drag, and it should work fine on the laptop. Hold down the right shift key and use the up and down arrow keys. That was the original method early in development but I added the other to avoid having to use a 2 key combination. But since on a laptop that may be necessary anyway, the shift and arrow key combination should be easier. At least it can be done with one hand.

Either I'll add that to the users guide or I'll add customizable keys to the next update.

Tight lines,

Paul
paul
Site Admin

Postby pat10 » Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:39 pm

Hmmm the shift key and arrow keys didnt do anything. I have a new hp laptop. I did however try the function and ; key combined and that did the trick. Also the function and / key increases the drag
pat10

Return to VR Sportfishing