An update: Tournaments for multiple species

Discusion of Pishtech's game VR Sportfishing

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest, Pitti

An update: Tournaments for multiple species

Postby paul » Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:55 pm

Ready to test your skills in tournaments for pike, walleyes and panfish? This build is experimental for now. Let's consider it a beta test for other species. You'll also find some big smallmouth in Birch Lake now, but they may not always be easy to find. I tried a few different tournaments. I managed to win a walleye and a pike tournament, but so far 2nd is the best I've done on panfish. I've boosted the panfish and walleye population a bit too. Give it a try and see if you can win the new tournaments, especially on the harder skill level settings. Here's the file:

http://www.vrsportfishing.com/vrsportfi ... _90119.zip

Just unzip it in the game folder and you should be ready to go.

Oh, and the location of the bait shop isn't shown on the mini map, but in the drive view you can switch to the full screen map, and that one does show the bait shop. That should help when it's time to rush back for the weigh-in.

Tight lines,

Paul
paul
Site Admin

Re: An update: Tournaments for multiple species

Postby Fisherman » Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:19 am

It's heck when you cast into a nice spot, and a good bass takes your lure. Then you notice the big pike that got beat out by that darn bass! That's the twist that tournament pike fishing adds. Darn bass. heh. I've placed third twice in my first two pike tourneys, the last only because I managed to catch a 4 plus pounder with 14 clicks on the clock left. I look forward to the other tourneys, and more updates to follow.
On panfish and one fellows request for big schools: The key might lie in that big "Ball of bass" that mysteriously appears from time to time. Since they are all of the same size and weight class, it might provide a good basis for a school of crappie.
Fisherman

Postby Fisherman » Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:50 pm

A tournament at Canyon lake yielded some mixed results. I caught a nice crappie on my first cast. After that, I couldn't beat the bass off my lure (any lure), with a baseball bat. While normally I don't mind catching bass, I think a little tweaking is called for. The panfish could be a bit more aggressive. Any recommendations for bluegill? They don't seem to feed at all.
Fisherman

Postby sjc628 » Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:59 pm

That is a very good point. If your are fishing in an area that has a good number of panfish and you are using ultra light equipment and a very small jig, the panfish should almost always beat the bass to the bait. I would like to see more panfish that would bite when presented with the right bait.
sjc628

Postby paleodust » Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:01 pm

I haven't had any trout tournaments come up yet. Do they exist in this game yet? In my neck of the woods, they are not uncommon. In fact, it's the only type of tournament I've actually entered in real life.
paleodust

Postby paul » Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:29 pm

It's true that there aren't any trout tournaments yet. I'll get that on the list for the next update. Thanks for the reminder!

Paul
paul
Site Admin

Return to VR Sportfishing