Hello all, and a quick introduction

Discusion of Pishtech's game VR Sportfishing

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest, Pitti

Hello all, and a quick introduction

Postby wyldechylde77 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:16 am

Hey there fellow anglers,

My name is Chuck, I'm 35, I live in Buffalo, NY. I am blessed to live a stones throw away from three of the finest fisheries in the US, Lake Erie, Lake Ontario, and the mighty Niagara River, plus all of the lakes' tributaries and some other fine fisheries to the North and South of me (Chatauqua Lake, Alleghany River and Reservoir, Erie Canal for examples). I love to fish and fish as often as I can. I've fished all over WNY, everything from little bluegills to smallmouth and largemouth bass to muskie to King Salmon and trout, and of course everything in between!
I have known about this game for a while now, and finally got the chance to try it. Played the demo for a half hour and bought the full package. Lovin this game!!
I am noticing that its been quite a while that anyone has posted! Hope I'm not too late. Lookin forward to meeting some of you and getting some questions answered! For example, I have the latest Beta version DLed and installed, but cannot check it out because the launcher still asks for another serial # to register, and I keep the Beta and Paid versions separate. Any ideas?
I hope development continues on this game, because being a veteran of Beta testing many outdoor titles (theHunter currently) I see many great options and ideas available for this game and would like to help out in any way I can. Until someone replies, tight lines all!
wyldechylde77

Re: Hello all, and a quick introduction

Postby paleodust » Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:11 am

Welcome!

It's been pretty lonely around here and feels like production has basically ground to a halt. I just hope Paul gets some time and motivation to work on it more. It's got a ton of potential and I hope it's realized. It sounds like you've got a lot to contribute and I hope you get that chance.
paleodust

Re: Hello all, and a quick introduction

Postby wyldechylde77 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:39 am

Hi there, paleodust!
Thanks for the reply here. I have done a whole ton of reading here (and also picked up Real World Fly Fishing). Whilst I can most definitely understand Paul's position on the subject of whether or not to continue updating, I cannot help but think of how far this game can really go even just for the love of doin it. Believe me, being a veteran of many outdoors titles and a Beta tester of just as many, I can tell you that a large profit is not possible since it is such a small market for these titles. The outdoors games, hunting and fishing, are niche titles. Even the big ones, such as for example the Deer Hunter series, do not make anywhere near as much money as bigger titles. But, this being our thing, we love them and hope to continue them. The latest one I am a tester for is "theHunter", a great hunting game made by Swedish developers Expansive Worlds. If you haven't already checked it out, go to thehunter.com. ;-)
While I would not be able to offer much on the technical side, I most certainly, like many if not all of you here, know my way around a fishing pole! I have access to all different species of fish and many different methods to catch them. I pretty much fish every weekend, all year long, so I am versed in many different conditions and what it takes to catch your target species. This is where I believe I can be a help if ever called upon. One of the biggest methods I can see in this game since all the "parts" are currently in place is trolling. Pike, Muskie, walleye, and lake trout are all caught using trolling methods as well as casting. I believe it would be really cool to fire a large stickbait along the outside edges of weedbeds and troll for muskies!
I am curious though. Something I have noticed is that there seems to be a lack of true monsters in the different species. I mean, no lakers over 20-30lbs, no muskies over 40lbs, no largemouth bass 10 and up, etc. Is it just me? Or is it a side effect of the engine limitations?
Once again, look forward to gettin to know you guys!!
wyldechylde77

Return to VR Sportfishing