VR Sportfishing:Final Review

Discusion of Pishtech's game VR Sportfishing

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest, Pitti

VR Sportfishing:Final Review

Postby Fisherman » Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:47 am

VR Sportfishing was an ambitious project, but like so many games before it, has given in to the realities of gaming development. Gaming history is riddled with the remnants of such projects, scuttled by lack of funds, inner circle disputes, time constraints, and a vision beyond the capacity to reach and express in the media.
The good points of VRSF are many. The overall graphics are good, and the action is fairly realistic. It still has the best casting system in any fishing game I have ever played. Other companies should take note, it is that good. There have been moments in the game that only real fishing can otherwise supply. Those are well documented by myself and others in the forums and are far too many to write of here. It is obviously the work of a fisherman. For what you have accomplished, you should be rightfully proud, Paul.
A pity for us gamers, as for a brief time, we had a feeling of fellowship and contribution to a genre sorely lacking in that. VRSFing was a game one could play without needing any underwater view, and in first person, adding to the realism. Which, since it is a fishing simulator, made it one of a kind. While I do hope for future updates, the great span of silence which we experienced the last few months means I won't be holding my breath waiting anymore, and that I will be looking forward to whatever fishing game comes out to fill the current vast void in fishing games. I will certainly keep VRSF on my computer, but the status of future updates will decide whether or not I can tell anyone else, "You've got to get this game!"
I give the game as it is, 7 out of 10 fish. It has potential to be a great deal more, but that potential will most likely never be reached. I wish the developer good fortune on any future projects, although I will approach them with a good deal more caution because of the VRSFing experience. And while I will maintain a connection here, cannot resist using the line, "So long, and thanks for all the fish!"
Fisherman

Re: VR Sportfishing:Final Review

Postby paleodust » Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:35 pm

paleodust

Re: VR Sportfishing:Final Review

Postby reelfish074 » Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:50 pm

paleodust wrote:http://www.intriguing.com/mp/_sounds/hg/notdead.wav

I actually laughed.

Anyways, all it would take is an influx of new players and the game would be going strong yet again. The only time a game is truly dead is when there becomes no way to get the game. Sadly, unless something big happens, I could not see a influx of new players anytime in the near future.

Also, that review was amazingly written. I agree with everything in it.
reelfish074

Return to VR Sportfishing