possible updates

Discusion of Pishtech's game VR Sportfishing

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest, Pitti

possible updates

Postby fish1000 » Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:19 pm

hey paul i just wanted to throw around some ideas i have a idea for updates how about a live shiner trap in the bait shop with bait to buy for it and what about alligator gar to catch that are 200 pounds and since we have catfishing now what about rod holders and multiple rods i know your working on the salmon and white sturgeon well i don't know but i know you said it would be a future update but what about bay fishing not in the ocean but the bay i live in gulf shores and now alot about the ocean and for the dock have a dock in the bayand have things like sharks tarpon flounder and redfish because thats what lives there good bait is squid clam shrimp and crabs this is just something me and some frenids would like to see
fish1000

Re: possible updates

Postby reelfish074 » Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:01 pm

I really hope that something happens and the forums pick up again somehow. I honestly think that the problem might have actually been the price hike, I have made posts on many other forums about this and EVERY time, somebody says something along the lines of "I would get it, but that is simply too much to pay for a fishing game that is not even that huge". Paul, even if the price hike made no difference on the amount of money you made, don't you think it would be worth it to bring it back down so the community can grow again? I think some drastic measures might be required to make it so that the community does not go the way of the fishsim.
reelfish074

Postby paleodust » Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:13 pm

reelfish074 wrote:I really hope that something happens and the forums pick up again somehow. I honestly think that the problem might have actually been the price hike, I have made posts on many other forums about this and EVERY time, somebody says something along the lines of "I would get it, but that is simply too much to pay for a fishing game that is not even that huge". Paul, even if the price hike made no difference on the amount of money you made, don't you think it would be worth it to bring it back down so the community can grow again? I think some drastic measures might be required to make it so that the community does not go the way of the fishsim.

I think he's got a point, Paul. We're living in the age of the $1 app and, for a relatively low-budget game (no offense) to be priced up there near the big-name huge-budget games, I think it may be a tough pill for some people to swallow. Don't get me wrong. You've done an amazing job with the budget you've been on and we appreciate that but I think you ought to consider dropping the price, perhaps significantly, and see if you can bring in some cash flow. Just a second opinion for ya. ;)
paleodust

Postby gonefishin » Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:56 am

<Yawn...>
gonefishin

Postby paul » Sat Dec 24, 2011 8:10 pm

I agree that it's time to consider a price reduction. The games haven't changed much for a while, PC gaming in general is down as people keep moving to mobile devices for casual games (free or a couple bucks) or consoles for the big production games. I've been giving that a lot of thought and will make some adjustments in the next week or two.

Tight lines and happy holidays to all,

Paul
paul
Site Admin

Return to VR Sportfishing