Beta testing the latest VR Sportfishing build

Discusion of Pishtech's game VR Sportfishing

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest, Pitti

Beta testing the latest VR Sportfishing build

Postby paul » Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:35 pm

Folks,

Sorry for the delay, but the new update is ready for beta testing. It includes the upper Mississippi River with channel catfish, flathead catfish, carp and white bass. There are a few known issues, including the pose of the hands if you use a spinning rod and turn the mouse wheel to open the bail and let the bait fall. The fish are all catcable, though. I'll be curious how long it takes before someone catches a 50+ pound flathead, or a 20 pound carp.

Here's the link:
http://www.pishtech.com/VRSportfishingB ... 8Setup.exe

Note: This is a full installer. I'd suggest keeping this installation separate from your regular installation. By default it installs to c:\games\pishtech\VR Sportfishing Beta. If you want to get right to the fishing without taking the time to earn money, sign in as "Rich Wealthy". That will give you the money to buy any tackle you want.

Keep in mind that catfish, especially flatheads, feed much more at night than in the daylight. You can catch them in the daytime, but you'll have more action at night. The time of year makes a big difference, too. Mid to late summer is hard to beat for catfish. The guide feature will help you locate the new species. The main channel is marked with bouys, and there are a lot of backwaters to explore. This map is based on Pool 8 of the river, just simplified enough for the game to handle it.

Tight lines,

Paul
paul
Site Admin

Re: Beta testing the latest VR Sportfishing build

Postby reelfish074 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:31 am

oh my god, YES!

I am downloading now and I hope I can get a big ol' carp first!

EDIT: Is it much work to put a fish somewhere else? I think that most of the fish here would go great at the thompson res. and the carp in some of the southern lakes.
reelfish074

Postby reelfish074 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:47 am

*removed my post about it not working*
reelfish074

Postby DaniSP » Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:16 am

schould have implemented carps and catfish the european style, carps to 50 pounds and catfish to 200+ pounds would have been cool! :P
DaniSP

Postby reelfish074 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:45 am

The catfish you are talking about is the wels, which do not live here. Also, the carp around here don't get nearly as big.
reelfish074

Postby DaniSP » Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:15 am

thats why i say european style hehe :D
DaniSP

Postby fish1000 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:32 pm

I NEED HELP i ran and saved the the the update and when i look for it i can't find on my documents or on the game help out anyone
fish1000

Postby fish1000 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:39 pm

i have found the vr sport fishing beta but when go to play it says error
fish1000

Postby reelfish074 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:58 pm

What does the error say?

Anyways, the flatheads are so fun to catch!!! I just floated down the river with a shiner on the bottom... BAM! A 28 pounder bites. I know that is not very big for a flathead, but they still give you a great fight.

Still yet to catch a carp. I did catch a 2 pound white bass, not sure how big they get, but I think that is good sized for them. One weird thing I noticed is that the channel cats don't bite on worms, what sort of baits do they bite on?

Once when I was floating down the river for flathead, I noticed something huge on the depth finder. I dropped the anchor and waited for awhile, but it still didn't bite. I decided to check it out on the underwater camera, and it was a freaking huge carp! I only had worms and shiners so I tried worms without sucsess.

It is just like real river carp :lol: :lol:
reelfish074

Postby DaniSP » Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:23 pm

are there boilies or pellets for carp fishing? cant wait to get the game :)
DaniSP

Postby reelfish074 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:34 pm

There are none yet, but there might be in the future. Try using a grub or a worm around the weedy backwaters.

A little carpy :D

reelfish074

Postby fish1000 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:26 pm

the error says iwear .dll not on your computer try reinstalling pro gram how do i reinstall it
fish1000

Postby reelfish074 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:42 pm

I googled iwear and it is some sort of VR head tracking thing.

The downloaded file probably got corrupted. Download the update again and make sure not to put it over your already installed game file.
reelfish074

Postby reelfish074 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:07 pm

I never mentioned this, but this is easily the best area on VR sportfishing. The scenery is great, the fishing is great, and all the objects are great. The only weird thing I noticed is when I went onto laketester some areas seemed to have WAY to many fish while some areas had none at all.

Also, how come there are no fish in the deep holes? I was expecting some big ol' cats to come out of the deepest ones.
reelfish074

Postby Ugly Stik » Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:26 am

Hello all!

Great update but has anyone else had this problem with the water reflection in the new Mississippi map?
Like the reflection of the trees and hills in the water jitters from side to side. It's quite annoying if you know it is there.
Maybe it's a bad download and install on my part?
Thanks.
Ugly Stik

Next

Return to VR Sportfishing