trout

Discusion of Pishtech's game VR Sportfishing

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest, Pitti

trout

Postby fish1000 » Mon May 30, 2011 12:10 am

paul could you add steel head cutthroat dollyvarden and tiger trout?
fish1000

Re: trout

Postby paul » Tue May 31, 2011 2:58 am

I'll certainly consider those for future updates. I do have plans for an update including steelhead, salmon and white sturgeon. The current update is proving to be quite a bit of work, but I think you'll find it worth the wait. Among other things I've added VLOD (variable level of detail) to the mapping engine. That means I can include much more detailed models of things and when you're up close you'll see more detail than before, but when you're far away the game will switch to a low-detail version. Unless you really look for it you'll never notice it happening, but the benefit is that the scenery will look much better, and potentially run more smoothly too. That will start with the new update, and in time I want to redo the best of the existing lakes and rivers with the new system.

Paul
paul
Site Admin

Postby paul » Tue May 31, 2011 3:02 am

Here's a sample of the higher detail. If you've seen the dams in the other waters, they don't have much detail. They're drawn with just a couple dozen polygons. Here's a new dam on the upper Mississippi complete with the lock, guidewalls, round roller gates, flat lift gates, guardrails, etc. It's made up of quite a few hundred polygons, but from a distance it switches to a very low detail version so it doesn't slow down the game. Up close, it looks like this:

Paul
paul
Site Admin

Postby paleodust » Tue May 31, 2011 5:20 am

I'm glad to see the details coming into play. Keep up the good work!
paleodust

Postby Anguis » Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:12 pm

paul wrote:I'll certainly consider those for future updates. I do have plans for an update including steelhead, salmon and white sturgeon. The current update is proving to be quite a bit of work, but I think you'll find it worth the wait. Among other things I've added VLOD (variable level of detail) to the mapping engine. That means I can include much more detailed models of things and when you're up close you'll see more detail than before, but when you're far away the game will switch to a low-detail version. Unless you really look for it you'll never notice it happening, but the benefit is that the scenery will look much better, and potentially run more smoothly too. That will start with the new update, and in time I want to redo the best of the existing lakes and rivers with the new system.

Paul

This sounds and looks awesome! Anything that helps with performance is greatly appreciated. Will VLOD be applied underwater, as well? Or would performance improvements in that area be found in a different manner?

A related performance question: Can one assume that with potential smaller stream simulations, performance would be pretty smooth given a smaller viewing area/less water to render?
Someday, we'll get back to Yellowstone. . .
Anguis

Postby fishbrain » Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:45 pm

The dam looks awesome, I'm pretty excited your doing a section of the mississippi river. Been testing the beta fly rod works pretty good, would be a good training tool to help people get skilled at fly fishing. Wish the underwater camera was realisticly done, like having it adjustable under the boat with rotation, instead of optional views on the lure.
fishbrain

Postby reelfish074 » Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:11 pm

Hey fishbrain, just saw that that was your first post. Welcome to the forums! It has been pretty quiet lately, but it might change.
reelfish074

Postby fishbrain » Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:20 pm

Someone recomended the game over on the hunterforums figured I'd give it a shot, so far been hooked, hell of a lot better than those arcade fishing games everyone puts out. Nice to meet yea, I'll be checking on here off and on, figure as the next update comes into play people will be on here more often.
fishbrain

Postby reelfish074 » Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:51 am

I think I was the one who reccomended it :lol: :lol: :lol:

What is your username on TH? Mine is mud074.

My prediction is that your username is Quasir or insanenbrain .
reelfish074

Postby fishbrain » Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:17 am

Ahhhh yep i'm insanenbrain, was surprised theirs not more people posting on here too. I split my time between TH, farming simulator 2011 and this game.
fishbrain

Postby reelfish074 » Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:46 am

There used to be a good amount of people but it got down to about 8 people posting, then one day a group of people in the RWFF forum got in a fight now only yellowstone and scottish warrior post.

I think the big problem is that we can't get more people, there has to be some way to get more people to play the game. If you search "realistic fishing games" pishtech is like, the fourth thing.

I post about pishtech in most of my forums as much as I can, but most people say that there are too many bugs or not good enough graphics for the price. They say it could be a good game but they just don't want to shell out the money for what seems like an incomplete game. The reason RWFF doesn't get more players is because people don't fly fish in real life and ignore it because of that.

Also, cutch and montana both play thehunter and (sometimes) visit pishtech.
reelfish074

Postby fishbrain » Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:35 am

Honestly I think the demo for the game needs some changes to lure people into playing and really experiencing the realism it offers. Firstly the intro music gave me that" uh oh" feeling when i first loaded it up, kinda outdated and bit awful. Just a plane ole acoustic guitar playing a tune would feel really suitable for this game. Then theirs the graphics which really just the character model/boat need some adjusting, the fish,water etc. look pretty darn good. I'm trying to promote the game on forums that I visit regularly, hopefully people will flock to the forums eventually.
fishbrain

Return to VR Sportfishing