Discusion of Pishtech's game VR Sportfishing

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest, Pitti

fish

Postby fish1000 » Tue May 24, 2011 11:29 pm

what fish will you add
fish1000

Re: fish

Postby reelfish074 » Fri May 27, 2011 1:06 pm

It's true that developing My Fishing Advisor took most of my time the last couple of months. But a side effect is this: updating the underlying Fishlogix engine involved creating more content for VRS. I've developed several new species of fish that are ready to plug into VR Sportfishing. I've completed channel catfish, flathead catfish, and brook trout. I've also added some more 3D models that will be helpful in building more VRS locations, including fish cribs and better stumps. I'm planning to build a few new locations with these, and in the next few weeks I plan to model carp, more catfish, white bass and striped bass. I'm planning to put out a new VRS update before long.

Paul posted that a few months back.
reelfish074

Postby paul » Sat May 28, 2011 2:40 am

I'm working on the update quite a bit (till 2:30 AM the other night) and it's the biggest map I've done, and the first that uses a precise real depth map and terrain from a real location. I'm doing half of Pool 8 of the Mississippi River, scaled down about 3 to 1, but it's still huge. I'm modeling a lot of buildings, a better riprapped shore, and, well, lots of stuff. The river will have some existing species (largemouth and smallmouth bass, walleye, perch, bluegills, crappie and pike) and some new ones including channel catfish, flathead catfish, white bass and carp. It's got a few miles of main channel and a maze of backwater sloughs and lakes. I've got some more species done that can go in future waters too, though they don't belong in this river. Those include striped bass, white catfish, blue catfish and brook trout. I'm making some improvements to the game along the way, mostly things to improve performance to allow me to put more detail in the scene.

Paul
paul
Site Admin

Postby gonefishin » Sat May 28, 2011 10:29 pm

That sounds awesome, Paul!
Need to get back into this game since the weather ain't quite cooperating lately.
gonefishin

Postby paleodust » Sun May 29, 2011 7:39 pm

paul wrote:I'm working on the update quite a bit (till 2:30 AM the other night) and it's the biggest map I've done, and the first that uses a precise real depth map and terrain from a real location. I'm doing half of Pool 8 of the Mississippi River, scaled down about 3 to 1, but it's still huge. I'm modeling a lot of buildings, a better riprapped shore, and, well, lots of stuff. The river will have some existing species (largemouth and smallmouth bass, walleye, perch, bluegills, crappie and pike) and some new ones including channel catfish, flathead catfish, white bass and carp. It's got a few miles of main channel and a maze of backwater sloughs and lakes. I've got some more species done that can go in future waters too, though they don't belong in this river. Those include striped bass, white catfish, blue catfish and brook trout. I'm making some improvements to the game along the way, mostly things to improve performance to allow me to put more detail in the scene.

Paul

Thanks for all your effort! I'm looking forward to seeing some of this stuff. 8)
paleodust

Postby fish1000 » Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:51 pm

will you add new bait for the carp paul?
fish1000

Postby fish1000 » Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:55 pm

paul a previous world record blue catfish was caught in the missipi river blue cats are native to the missipi why don't you put them in their
fish1000

Postby reelfish074 » Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:16 pm

The update sounds awesome!!

I fish pool 2 loads and I hope this might be a bit similar.

And @fish100,

The blue cats only live way down south in the mississippi, so their wouldn't be any that far north.

EDIT: I just saw that white bass are also going to be added!!!
I also love to catch carp, my favorite baits for them are home-made boilies and canned corn.

This update is going to be awesome :D
reelfish074

Postby paul » Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:33 pm

That's correct about the blue cats: They're common in the lower Mississippi, but Pool 8 is too far north for them. Some of the flathead cats in the pool are huge, though. My personal best here (for real fishing on Pool 8) is a little over 50 pounds, but I'll have some bigger than that in the update too.

Paul
paul
Site Admin

Postby reelfish074 » Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:23 pm

Hey paul, do you have any idea when the update will be out?
reelfish074

Return to VR Sportfishing