problems with the latest update

Discusion of Pishtech's game VR Sportfishing

Moderators: Scottish Warrior, Yellowstone7, richwest, Pitti

problems with the latest update

Postby tom1234505 » Sun May 09, 2010 7:37 pm

I tried the latest update and LOVE it! the river is amazing, textures are great and on my new computer too :P there is, however, a couple small problems. When I go to cast upstream, I cant. the character casts, but it falls right in front of me like a windy day, only, there is no wind! (I try to cast almost directly upstream since I waded in a ways) also, when on a boat in this new river, the fish button is inactive.
I haven't tried any of the lakes with the updated version, but I will and tell you how it goes.

Tight Lines!

Tom
tom1234505

Re: problems with the latest update

Postby paul » Thu May 13, 2010 11:56 am

When you tried to cast straight upstream was there a rock or log or anything in the path of the lure (right in front of you)? The game automatically stops a cast if the lure passes over land, but that's something I'll need to change to allow you to cast over small obstacles in the water.

For fishing in the boat make sure the throttle is at zero. Sometimes it be at a half a percent but look like zero and it won't let you switch. That's another thing I need to change - if it gets less than one when you're reducing throttle I should have it drop right to zero.

Hopefully that helps.

Thanks for the feedback!

Tight lines,

Paul
paul
Site Admin

Re: problems with the latest update

Postby tom1234505 » Thu May 13, 2010 9:02 pm

paul wrote:When you tried to cast straight upstream was there a rock or log or anything in the path of the lure (right in front of you)? The game automatically stops a cast if the lure passes over land, but that's something I'll need to change to allow you to cast over small obstacles in the water.

For fishing in the boat make sure the throttle is at zero. Sometimes it be at a half a percent but look like zero and it won't let you switch. That's another thing I need to change - if it gets less than one when you're reducing throttle I should have it drop right to zero.

Hopefully that helps.

Thanks for the feedback!

Tight lines,

Paul

There is actually no obstacles on the way, it is as if the current is in the air as well. as far as the boat goes, it was at 0% throttle. I dropped the anchor to see if that would help and same thing. hope this helped a little. thanks for everything Paul!

Tom
tom1234505

Return to VR Sportfishing